• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JOE!

Smash Hero
The image won't load for me, but happy birthday. Hope you managed to get that Donkey Kong thing working.
Haven't had the chance to work on that since we last spoke haha. So at the moment I just have it on aerial Side B to get a feel for the actual move.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It's often worse for women you say? Dude, that is the understatement of the year. You have to look at things from a perspective you completely forget as a virgin: you sound like the type to get overly excited in a sexual situation and end up being a one minute man that won't satisfy her needs when the time comes. By not having that extra stimulation, you are doing yourself and her a favor in the long run by being better in bed. Maybe I'm blunt, but since you want to look at the negatives all the time I thought you should see the positives.
Absolutely agree with the first part. It's barely comparable.

Okay, on the one hand, we have a little bit of excess skin being cut off that can reduce sensitivity for some.

On the other hand, we have the mutilation of literally the densest cluster of nerve endings that can be found in the human species.

Female genital mutilation is closer to castration than circumcision, let's not kid ourselves. It is an abhorrent practice that severely hurts women not only physically; but sexually and emotionally, depriving them almost completely or completely of the enjoyment of a thing which is fundamental to the human experience; and socially, by reinforcing more-than-dated notions about female sexuality, independence, and social freedoms.

My family is Christian and I was circumcised as an infant, and I have still had an active and fulfilling sex life, and there a millions if not hundreds of millions of other men that have too, in spite of or regardless of that mutilation. The same can hardly be said for the same ratio of victims of female genital mutilation.

It's like comparing losing a fingernail to losing a finger. Sure, both suck, and we should stop both. But that comparison mitigates the severity of the greater evil.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Told myself I'd never succumb to having an anime girl as my profile picture.

look what you all have done to me

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Told myself I'd never succumb to having an anime girl as my profile picture.

look what youve all have done to me
As long as you don't have 64 different pictures of anime girls that you've used as avatars like I do you're fine.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
first college course of this semester ****ing JV5-stocked me on the first day

MLGF

Smash Lord
Wait, are you guys having a sincere talk about circumcision?

Well, it's a dumb practice that is celebrated only in the USA because no other modern western country values religion nearly as much...

Look, it's a dumb practice, and when I first heard about how exactly it was done in sociology, I almost fainted. (I'm uh... very squeamish). So I get where our friend Spider is coming from.

But he's still bat**** insane.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
happy bday JOE!

it's that time of the month again, guys!!!11!!! someone pick an interger between 1 and 100!

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Wario will become the only S tier charicter in the game

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I'm back, What's up PMS?

I hear Odds did a thing.
Naralex, I'm trying to learn MK. Need tips. I think I'm doing okay so far. Big things that I know I'm struggling with are applying Shuttle Loop and Dimensional Cape properly. My neutral and most of my combo game are decent, I think, but my edgeguarding feels sub-par alongside my recovery, though the latter may just be getting used to his less-than-typical options.

Do you have any advice?

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Naralex, I'm trying to learn MK. Need tips. I think I'm doing okay so far. Big things that I know I'm struggling with are applying Shuttle Loop and Dimensional Cape properly. My neutral and most of my combo game are decent, I think, but my edgeguarding feels sub-par alongside my recovery, though the latter may just be getting used to his less-than-typical options.

Do you have any advice?
For aerial shuttle loop its important to realize that the sweetspot is only active for 2 frames. This is the hitbox that you use to kill vertically. past that point in the move it has weaker KB and sends at the sakurai angle. For the air version the hitbox isn't his sword its actually his face.

Dimensional cape is tricky but the first thing to learn how to do is using IDC (Instant Dimensional Cape) which is just a fancy word for doing it really really fast with Cstick or Attack.

MK will always slash the direction he is facing and the control stick both affects where he moves and the direction that he ends up facing. He does move a bit when he slashes however. For example hitting back on the cstick when starting the move will have MK port backwards slightly and slash facing the same direction. If you hold the control stick the opposite direction and do this he will turnaround and slash in the opposite direction.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z0KdrQVzGP0bOzeYHcRXAQuZOYPIne_EFYlC0xd_bkI/edit
This guide while designed for 3.02 still holds the key knowledge about DC. I'd recommend reading it. Keep in mind that you used to be able to act out of ground to air DC and that is no longer true. As it now puts you into a helpless state. Also holding A just makes him quickstrike now. Only holding B will give a powerstrike.

(DC out of DI out on our upthrow is a fun finisher. Also you better not be approaching with Nair.:mad088:)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :kirby:

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
For aerial shuttle loop its important to realize that the sweetspot is only active for 2 frames. This is the hitbox that you use to kill vertically. past that point in the move it has weaker KB and sends at the sakurai angle. For the air version the hitbox isn't his sword its actually his face.

Dimensional cape is tricky but the first thing to learn how to do is using IDC (Instant Dimensional Cape) which is just a fancy word for doing it really really fast with Cstick or Attack.

MK will always slash the direction he is facing and the control stick both affects where he moves and the direction that he ends up facing. He does move a bit when he slashes however. For example hitting back on the cstick when starting the move will have MK port backwards slightly and slash facing the same direction. If you hold the control stick the opposite direction and do this he will turnaround and slash in the opposite direction.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z0KdrQVzGP0bOzeYHcRXAQuZOYPIne_EFYlC0xd_bkI/edit
This guide while designed for 3.02 still holds the key knowledge about DC. I'd recommend reading it. Keep in mind that you used to be able to act out of ground to air DC and that is no longer true. As it now puts you into a helpless state. Also holding A just makes him quickstrike now only holding B will give a powerstrike.

(DC out of DI out on our upthrow is a fun finisher. Also you better not be approaching with Nair.:mad088:)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :kirby:
Thanks! So, for Shuttle Loop I do want to be right up next to them when I use it?

I'll check out that guide when I'm home from work. And I've poked around the boards more than enough to know from you that I shouldn't approach with nair, haha. I only do that if they've already committed or I know I'll hit, or I'm positive I can cross them up pretty far. Most of my neutral involves just DDing until I can get a grab and tech chase them.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! So, for Shuttle Loop I do want to be right up next to them when I use it?

I'll check out that guide when I'm home from work. And I've poked around the boards more than enough to know from you that I shouldn't approach with nair, haha. I only do that if they've already committed or I know I'll hit, or I'm positive I can cross them up pretty far. Most of my neutral involves just DDing until I can get a grab and tech chase them.
You want to hit them with your face as it starts up. So yeah basically on top of them kind of like a rest (Far more lenient but you get the idea)

Don't forget Ftilt and Dtilt are your friends on the ground. First hit of Ftilt is really fast (frame 3) it can jab reset opponents. Can lead to a dsmash kill on certain chars at high %'s and is overall a great move when not CCed.

Dtilt is a combination of Marth/Roy's without the need to do another action to ISA into shield. Tip pokes away rest pops up. The launcher hitbox also beats ASDI down and only loses to true CC.

Upsmash is a great punish tool on the ground if you see your opponent flub and sets up for our punishing Upair strings. Its a bit laggy if you whiff however. Also combo's into itself on fastfallers.

Make sure not to neglect all his throws. Dthrow is potent but they all have uses.

Fthrow can setup for a SH IDC at certain %'s on fastfallers. (depending on DI) Fthrow is also fast and difficult to react to if they expect a Dthrow. Can also get a Fair string started on Floaties at low %'s.

Upthrow if they stay next to us you can hit them with a Bair/Nair/Dair and if they go out you can catch them with a DC or IDC at certain %'s. Just be wary of quick combo escapes and big hitboxes since they can stuff us. when we're vunerable before the slash of DC comes out.

Bthrow is good for establishing stage control and putting an opponent offstage. This is MK's only weight dependant throw.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Wait, are you guys having a sincere talk about circumcision?

Well, it's a dumb practice that is celebrated only in the USA because no other modern western country values religion nearly as much...

Look, it's a dumb practice, and when I first heard about how exactly it was done in sociology, I almost fainted. (I'm uh... very squeamish). So I get where our friend Spider is coming from.

But he's still bat**** insane.

Even as religious as I am, the New Testament drives home over and over again that the Old Testament rites don't matter anymore, bringing up circumcision specifically various times (even comparing allowing oneself to be circumcised to allowing oneself to be enslaved in Galatians 5).

So yeah. I, too, am on the "don't circumcise" side.

Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Even as religious as I am, the New Testament drives home over and over again that the Old Testament rites don't matter anymore, bringing up circumcision specifically various times (even comparing allowing oneself to be circumcised to allowing oneself to be enslaved in Galatians 5).

So yeah. I, too, am on the "don't circumcise" side.
The only reason I've ever heard that makes sense to circumcise someone, is medical issues like severe Phimosis.

I guess the circumcision jokes came full circle eh?

Top Bottom