• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man my melee disc along with my FE9 disk is stuck in my wii right now. Man I'm a idiot trying to take apart a wii for the first time and what not.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Are you asking how to spor it easier?
i've already gotten pretty decent at spotting it, since i've had those 3 co-workers + one of my childhood friends was a pathological liar (I fell for his **** for a very long time before I was old enough to catch on). I am more curious as to what to do about it. I can't stand it, they are the last people I ever want to associate with ever, if they could just disappear from the face of the planet that would be nice, but I'll do with getting them fired if that's the best option

Helsong

Smash Ace
You don't really do anything about them, you just trust your instincts and try not to let it affect the way you trust people too much. It really works best if you've caught them in a lie, as then you can usually begin pressuring them, forcing them to either admit other lies, or simply add more detail to whatever they've built up-and then you attack that. If it's someone who's been doing this for a while though, they'll have covered their tracks and be quite good at it. I've worked with a few and even dated one when I was younger(obviously didn't know it at the time). Two were malicious, the other one had...issues. Not that it really excused his behavior, but I don't think he ever lied to hurt others-just to buoy his own lack of self-esteem and try to make others think better of him. Eventually got therapy.

The trick of course is figuring them out in the first place. Again, not exactly easy if they've built up habits and experience.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/phot...cebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fbsmosh

This reminded me of something I was going to post yesterday. Does anybody else have experience with pathological/habitual liars? In case nobody has realized, there are in fact people who are "addicted" to lying in a sense, in that it's basically the way they socialize is to tell gigantic lies wherein they are victimized or perform some grandiose act, and then never mention it ever again unless you really press them about it. It's like, lying for the sake of lying. Not much really actually bothers me, but being lied to is one of the big things. I imagine most people are the same way. The thing is, I work at a Wal-Mart, and apparently they are okay with just keeping the bottom of the barrel on payroll. Because I've come across 3 pathological liars in my ~14 months i've been working there (total), and that's just in the grocery side of the store. The worst part is, until you catch onto their stupid lies, they seem like some of the friendliest people, and it's really starting to make me even more cynical of people are don't know you being more friendly than I expect. **** I just hate people I think

[insert edgy MechWarriorNY comment about the state of humanity here]
***** that's the tubby custard machine

My neighborhood friend sweared on his life or close to it that he played Metal Sonic in a Gamestop Melee demo when it came out, saying this out of the blue to me I forget where. Very many years later, which is now very many years later from even then, I asked him "yeah so wth were you doing saying you played Metal Sonic" and he's like "idk" he basically had like no real answer and shrugged it off: it was the worst reply I ever heard. This was a lot different from this older school friend in afterschool daycare who said getting 16 kills in Cruel Melee would unlock Sonic, but knowing him (and getting to talk to him years later about it, I still play Melee with his younger bro) he was just doing real good trolling to us younger kids (which is still menacing). But my Metal Sonic friend, he's messed up with how seflish he is. He even deleted the comment I made on his FB wall after Smash 4's Mega Man got announced, where I said told ya so (I bet him he would be in and he didn't believe it thinking that'd be dumb); then I met him again and he said he never saw any such comment. I could go on with his bs. He lives less than a mile from me but doesn't care to play Melee/PM with me for old times sake after it's been like a decade.

The only one time as a kid I made up/exaggerated some story once (no clue what it was, wasn't long either) my friend knew it was bs and called me out on it. He knew me well.

Then there's dating. I can't really stand the idea of white lies either. That said, I'm starting to question myself on certain things. My sense of longing and emotions are probably a lot frailer than I think they are, I can't tell what I'm doing. I'm in a relationship right now that has some roadblocks of college distance upcoming after the summers over, beyond other dilemmas.

Even with all that though, I'm not sure what kind of people exactly you're talking about. There's few people I know who even have impressive stories to tell, let alone made up ones. There is ONE person I know (who's a grandma) that use to ramble on weird stories like being taught how to hardness her energy into a ball, but she's still an overall nice but naive person.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
People need Jesus.
Thou shalt not lie and stuff, man.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Give the download link now
yeah wow i really want it

i hope they make it available to us
The pack isn't finished based on what they said and what I heard on stream, the compression on some character names is pretty bad and iirc they said it won't be released until that is worked out. It's not really a super secret thing lol.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Guys **** I need advice

What should my skull girls team be? I know I want fortune/robo In there, but can't decide between fukua or beowulf. One is actually good and great synergy. The other looks strong, and would let me always have air grab supers to combo into. I can actually still do fukua combos, but beo doesn't have hard combos so yeah. Is he still bottom tier? He got mostly nerfs lol

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Guys **** I need advice

What should my skull girls team be? I know I want fortune/robo In there, but can't decide between fukua or beowulf. One is actually good and great synergy. The other looks strong, and would let me always have air grab supers to combo into. I can actually still do fukua combos, but beo doesn't have hard combos so yeah. Is he still bottom tier? He got mostly nerfs lol
Do you really need a 3 man team?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys **** I need advice

The real question is: Do you want to be strong or really really strong?

Strong: You go with Beowulf
Roman Reigns Strong: You go solo Beowulf

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Guys **** I need advice

Always go solo against solo Valentine or Filia and never solo Fukua against them either. This from coming from experience. Just dont. A three man team cant handle the damage those two dish out.

If you must have more than one have a Filia and Big Band dou.

Also yeah kinda, but Beo got them in all the wrong spots Lol

steelguttey

mei is bei
me and my bf had to break up today for reasons that are private but jesus christ it hurts

the part i'll reveal is that he didnt want to do it and neither did i but we have to and now we cant even talk to each other

god i feel like **** right now

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
me and my bf had to break up today for reasons that are private but jesus christ it hurts

the part i'll reveal is that he didnt want to do it and neither did i but we have to and now we cant even talk to each other

I feel for you.
That's ****ing awful, it sounds like something really bad had to happen for it to end up like that.
I know I wouldn't share something that would break me up with someone and it not being okay with either end.

Bazkip

Smash Master

Didn't you get out of two year relationship just prior? Was probably not the best idea to start a new relationship so soon anyways, so I guess you just got that out of the way sooner rather than later.

Now go do what I told you the first time and fill the void with waifus.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
Didn't you get out of two year relationship just prior? Was probably not the best idea to start a new relationship so soon anyways, so I guess you just got that out of the way sooner than later.

Now do what I told you the first time and fill the void with waifus.
me and the boy have been friends for 2 years and this has been waiting to happen and how the 2 years means nothing because we cant talk at all

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad Take into consideration that this is the Smash community where this is happening. That plays a huge part.
I don't like Pizza Villa and my dad does
We're getting Pizza Hut instead
My dad sacrifices so much for his children D:
But do you think he deserves the title of
?
Solo Beowulf like a boss

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Watch all that Blanka related stuff in his video be a huge red herring, and it's actually Sean that's announced.
Ono likes to troll a lot, but what if this time he's making us go like "yeah this is just Ono trolling" on purpose and then it turns out that that was the actual trolling and they announce Blanka?

And anyway I'm not a fan of Sean at all. Worst character to come out from SF3 by FAR. I really hope it's either Oro or a new character.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Guys **** I need advice

I have the game but I have not put much time into it.

I'm sure it's bad, but I am thinking of some sort of two-man shell with Robo Fortune, Painwheel, Fukua, Valentine. Because I haven't played much since a super old version, I am pretty sure I will stick with Pwheel because I remember what she does the most.

Also, I really want to play Yatagarasu, but my laptop is RIP. ; (

Sean would be funny for SFV, but I want Urien or Oro over that. Would be ok with Twelve or Necro too, tbh.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Guys **** I need advice

Why not all three?

I mean, my mains are in the sig, and I can heartily recommend Fukua anytime. Not too sure about Beo, since all I ever did was play his story mode and arcade.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/07/cap...eavily-teases-upcoming-character-annoucement/

Please no Blanka nor Sean, please no Blanka nor Sean, please n...
The amount of Ono trolling I see here is ridiculous.

I'm thinking it might be Sean, Oro, or something else entirely.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
me and the boy have been friends for 2 years and this has been waiting to happen and how the 2 years means nothing because we cant talk at all
I hope you don't really feel that the past two years means nothing. I'm sure you wouldn't trade all of the time you've had together. I know it feel difficult to err on the side of optimism right now, and it's totally okay to feel down on yourself. But do your best to keep your head up and keep looking forward. Occupy your mind with other indulgences, treat yourself to something to boost you mood, etc., etc.,

If you ever want to talk about anything you can always reach out to me. I'm sure I have been in your shoes before.

Love,
Long Island Smash's Dad

Top Bottom