• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
shuffling. i'm working on smoothing out the basic steps (running man and a few simple variants, t-step and some variants, reverse t-step, spins).

just... edm? i'm not sure what sub-genres would have managable tempos. probably not hardstyle songs, since those tend to be really quick and punchy. i want to work up to that, but i'm not there yet.

i mostly just want a few songs that have similar tempos so i can put them on a repeat playlist and use them to make myself stay on time as i do transitions and smooth out the basics.

i guess you could say i'm labbing dance steps?
i'm not exactly the greatest judge of "managable" tempos, but i wouldn't say this is a hard track:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm not exactly the greatest judge of "managable" tempos, but i wouldn't say this is a hard track:

this is pretty close, probably upper end of what i'm looking for (yeah, i can't give a good description of the temp i'm looking for : /).
How's this?
Warning: It starts out reaaallly slow. The song picks up @ 1:55 ish
: o that's actually pretty fast! my babby footwork cannot keep up! i appreciate you helping, though!

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I don't know if it suits what you're researching, but hey, take a look if you want
(Maybe this one is a bit too gritty?)

CORY

wut
BRoomer

so, i found a playlist in related videos off this and it's got a lot of stuff that's near what i'm looking for, so awesome!
I don't know if it suits what you're researching, but hey, take a look if you want
(Maybe this one is a bit too gritty?)
the first one jumps tempos a lot. it's really cool, maybe good once i get the basics down smoothly for getting used to interesting things during beat drops and stuff.

that second one has a good beat for what i need, tho : o and it's consistent, from what i listened to.

thanks for the help, guys : D i don't know how i just constantly got 2 hour long mixtapes when i searched for stuff. youtube fu is weak, i guess.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
this is pretty close, probably upper end of what i'm looking for (yeah, i can't give a good description of the temp i'm looking for : /).

: o that's actually pretty fast! my babby footwork cannot keep up! i appreciate you helping, though!
So you're looking for Deep/Summer House in terms of tempo? Gimmie a few mins to gather some tracks, lol
Edit: @ Rawkobo Rawkobo , this song is really gewd ;)

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
While we're talking music requests and stuff...

Can anyone suggest dance music for me to use/practice with as well? My music is a little more... eccentric, probably.

I shared this video before, but this is an idea of the kind of music I like to dance to:

Not necessarily what most people would consider "danceable" after the minute mark or so, but that's what makes it fun. Mostly prefer it due to unusual/interesting rhythmic structures. Mechanical noises are a nice bonus, too. The tempo is really nice as well.

To give you another frame of reference, here's another (old bad) practice video I did last year.

This one's obviously a little more mainstream (Glitch Mob) but still has fun rhythmic mixups and stuff like that.

Any suggestions?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i can't say i have any recommendations, but damn, son, that's pretty slick. how long have you been working at that?

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
While we're talking music requests and stuff...

Can anyone suggest dance music for me to use/practice with as well? My music is a little more... eccentric, probably.

I shared this video before, but this is an idea of the kind of music I like to dance to:

Not necessarily what most people would consider "danceable" after the minute mark or so, but that's what makes it fun. Mostly prefer it due to unusual/interesting rhythmic structures. Mechanical noises are a nice bonus, too. The tempo is really nice as well.

To give you another frame of reference, here's another (old bad) practice video I did last year.

This one's obviously a little more mainstream (Glitch Mob) but still has fun rhythmic mixups and stuff like that.

Any suggestions?
industrial nation?
i really don't know im just a rhythm game player

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Usually in these thread situations I would kusopost with yuri.
1429596421611.jpg
There we go.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
This has been my favorite song for a while now. I need more that stuff. Any recommendations? (I think it's either Glitch or Breakcore)

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
@ CORY CORY @ AuraMaudeGone AuraMaudeGone

yeah, i've been on an edm kick for about two years now and i'm glad i have

i found a lot of artists out of listening to eric prydz, who does some absolutely incredible work mixing and constructing tracks

led me to kaskade, deepest blue, roger sanchez, and so on

i do like some more popular club musicians like calvin harris, swedish house mafia, david guetta, deadmau5, etc. for their beats on occasion, but those are the contemporaries i enjoy the most

i play a mixed pandora station of all of them when i lab smash or do something thought-provoking or that requires concentration; it's kinda nice

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I forgot I had some of those until you posted this.

I don't use them often enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've been using one since like day 1 and no ones noticed this is from a doujinshi
all according to plan

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
With some incredible blushing like that, it's hard not to notice.

SunJester

Smash Ace
My favourite was watching people (during the height of it's popularity) try and dance to dubstep. They'd just flail awkwardly and out of rhythm. Nothing's better than watching people who can barely dance, not be able to dance at all.

hint: it's halftime.

Bleck

Smash Master
so I go to play FFXIV

[12:52:27 AM] Jude: "you need a square enix account"
[12:52:31 AM] Jude: okay I'll make one
[12:52:36 AM] Jude: -doesn't get the confirm e-mail-
[12:52:42 AM] Jude: I google the problem
[12:52:46 AM] Jude: "you probably already have one dude"
[12:53:00 AM] Jude: I go to the website and click on "forgot my ID"
[12:53:16 AM] Jude: "alright dude give us your e-mail and answer this question and we'll give you a new password"
[12:53:23 AM] Jude: okay yeah but I need to know my ID-
[12:53:30 AM] Jude: "alright dude you're done now you have a new password enjoy"
[12:53:48 AM] Jude: okay that's stupid BUT I can use my e-mail to log into the website
[12:53:53 AM] Jude: I discover my id, have new password, okay good
[12:53:58 AM] Jude: I log in on the launcher
[12:54:10 AM] Jude: "you need a code to activate your account"
[12:54:14 AM] Jude: okay no I want to play the free trial
[12:54:25 AM] Jude: I google why it's asking me for a code
[12:54:32 AM] Jude: "you need to download the separate free trial"
[12:54:33 AM] Jude: uuugh okay
[12:54:41 AM] Jude: I enter "final fantasy demo" into steam
[12:54:46 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN DAWN OF WAR DEMO
[12:54:47 AM] Jude: no
[12:54:53 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN DAWN OF WAR: THE EXPANSION DEMO
[12:54:54 AM] Jude: no
[12:54:58 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN CIV 5 DEMO
[12:55:00 AM] Jude: no
[12:55:08 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN CIV 5: GODS AND KINGS DEMO
[12:55:09 AM] Jude: no
[12:55:18 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN CIV 5: BRAVE NEW WORLD DEMO
[12:55:21 AM] Jude: y-no
[12:55:28 AM] Jude: DID YOU MEAN FINAL FANTASY XIV DEMO
[12:55:30 AM] Jude: okay yes finally
[12:55:32 AM] Jude: click install
[12:55:37 AM] Jude: "you already have this installed"
[12:55:42 AM] Jude: it launches the same launcher
[12:55:44 AM] Jude: holy ****
[12:55:51 AM] Jude: I input my account the same way
[12:55:56 AM] Jude: "alright cool starting your free trial"
[12:56:01 AM] Jude: jesus ****ing christ finally
[12:56:12 AM] Jude: "we just have to download some patches, it'll be about four hours"
[12:56:15 AM] Jude: are you ****
[12:56:17 AM] Jude: ING KIDDING ME
[3:47:56 AM] Jude: epilogue; hours later I finish patching
[3:48:00 AM] Jude: the game's servers are down
[4:18:15 PM] Jude: so I sit down to finally play ffxiv
[4:18:21 PM] Jude: and I don't know what server to pick
[4:18:39 PM] Jude: I don't want to just random one 'cause if it's wrong transferring to a different one costs EIGHTEEN DOLLARS
[4:18:53 PM] Jude: and jeff won't tell me because he's presumably a-****ing-sleep
[4:19:02 PM] Jude: I just want to play this ****ing game you guys
-dude tells me which server-
[5:28:13 PM] Jude: it's straight up not letting me make a character in that server~ I have to wait until 6pm to try again
[5:32:17 PM] Jude: oh no wait it's 6pm pdt
[5:32:29 PM] Jude: so I have to wait
[5:32:32 PM] Jude: three and a half hours
[5:32:34 PM] Jude: you guys
[5:32:46 PM] Jude: I haven't even played this game yet and it's killing me

Bleck

Smash Master
just listen to Daft Punk and marvel at how everything else sucks in comparison

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
nope, I'll check them out
They're super good; their first album Cross is my favorite, which is like hard electro/French house with disco and opera influence. They have a second album called Audio, Video, Disco which is pretty good too, which is basically arena rock/prog/electronic rock with disco and house influence. Like Daft Punk, they have two live albums called A Cross The Universe and Access All Arenas in a similar style to Alive 2007 where they manipulate their studio tracks and add original elements to the point where it's new material. They've also done a good amount of remixes, the more notable of which they incorporate into their live shows.

If you end up liking Cross, ask me about their remixes and I'll show you the ones that they use in their first live album since they tend to play pretty big parts at some points.

Last edited:
Top Bottom