• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Platinum VS Arc system works please. Imagine bayonetta or Sam from Vanquish in a Guilty Gear styled game.

Kreygasm

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Every person I know who was involved in gfx stuff on a different site, and I mean every single one which has to be more then a coincidence, always referred to images with transparent backgrounds as "renders" and giving images transparent backgrounds as "rendering".
Rendering is grabbing a 3D model and getting a 2D image from it. That's its only meaning.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
^ This person knows. Platinum vs Arcsys would be interesting.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
it really depends on what part of the graphics world we are talking about.

In video editing it's putting all of your work into a readable file.

In 3D it could be making a 2D image or putting lighting effects on your model.

Making something transparent is not rendering because that would mean all of my avatars are renders.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All I know is that the site I use to go to a lot when I was into Yugioh had a lot of "gfxers" who did stuff like this;

And that they require transparent images for this kind of stuff, which they called renders, and some of them would even make images transparent and they they called doing that "rendering". I never bothered to really look into it cause I never cared about the technicalities and the fact that all of them used the same term for what they wanted seemed way to coincidental since there were a good many of them and it ended up sticking.

So I dunno.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Normally I only play grapplers or weirdos in fighting games, but May in GG Xrd is actually pretty fun. Potemkin is cool and so is Faust too though. Good thing I'm terrible at decision making!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What was so bad about the StarCraft and StarCraft 2 discussion? The main disagreement seemed be if the streamlined interface for managing units made it a better game or not, but everyone except for a few idiots seemed to enjoy both games. It was more of a Melee and Project M thread where people like both but one of them more.

Melee and Smash 4 discussions usually involve a flame war where Melee fans say Smash 4 is worse than Brawl while Smash 4 fans say Melee is a terrible game because of some mechanic in the game they don't like.

That thread makes us look worse in comparison not better.
You right.
my b

Vashimus

Smash Master
Normally I only play grapplers or weirdos in fighting games, but May in GG Xrd is actually pretty fun. Potemkin is cool and so is Faust too though. Good thing I'm terrible at decision making!
May technically is a grappler; she wouldn't really work well as a character without her command grab. Same goes for Sol and arguably Zato. Grapplers don't always have to be big slow mofos with a ton of health.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Even if the game isn't ultimately that difficult, permadeath always makes me way more invested in the game and characters; for me personally it makes the fights and exploring exciting when otherwise it might feel a bit humdrum.
Understandable. I really enjoy permadeath in most games I play (Fire Emblem, Darkest Dungeon, X-com, etc), but IMO it takes a game thats actually designed around it to execute it well. For a game like this thats clearly designed to emulate the old Infinity Engine games, where you can run around and get into fights way over your head....

But hey, if you're enjoying it, more power to ya. That would probably be a decent way to pad out the game's length as well, since its relatively short (I beat it in around 40hrs).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
May technically is a grappler; she wouldn't really work well as a character without her command grab. Same goes for Sol and arguably Zato. Grapplers don't always have to be big slow mofos with a ton of health.
Bro. You're ****ting me. Dolphins, 'nuff said. I guess I'll give you Sol, but deeeeeeeeeeefinitely not Zato.

Just IMO, of course.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys I tried to get the Smash 4 Social Thread a waifu.
There's a super nice / humble girl regular of that thread with a cute avatar, perfect candidate.
But they replied that "waifus can't be real people"
what do

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/488983-artosis-says-sc2-is-more-strategic-than-bw

Man, I thought the Melee vs Smash 4 arguments were bad :awesome:

That being saI DARTOSIS IS ****ING WRONG SCREW HIM BROOD WAR IS JUST AS STRATEGIC IF NOT MORE
I don't think that B.net is allowed on my boarding school's network.
This is all Blizz's fault with no LAN the greedy ********. Now I have to play BW where workers don't auto rally and I have no custom macros and I can only bind a single production structure to a sing key, making macro a massive cluster****.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys I tried to get the Smash 4 Social Thread a waifu.
There's a super nice / humble girl regular of that thread with a cute avatar, perfect candidate.
But they replied that "waifus can't be real people"
what do
This is heresy

Give us the link

The time has come for us to wage war on the smash 4 social PMS Brothers

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Some characters in KOF have command grabs that are important, but I don't really consider them grapplers. El fuerte in SF4 has a command grab out of run that's really important to his gameplay, but he's not a grappler either. Having a command grab doesn't inherently make them a grappler. I agree that May needs her command grab, but I wouldn't call her a grappler. But I am a scrub so i don't know what i'm saying haha

Helsong

Smash Ace
Finally got around to beating Metal Gear Rising. It was pretty short(final playtime was like 7 hours or something), but I really enjoyed it. The villain is pretty crazy, but some of the stuff he said made a lot of sense in the context of the post-MGS4 world, so props for that, Platinum. Also, every single boss fight had great music. I need to snag the game's soundtrack somewhere.

Also, my grandma has now started bothering me about marriage. My mom is also mildly hinting at it. Jesus ladies, I'm only 22, it can wait. Apparently similar things happening to my cousins over the age of 20 on that side of the family too. Also brought up some interesting conversations on how a lot of young people(women especially) in Japan just aren't dating as much, and so girls are getting married less and less. I suppose that's what's gotten my (japanese)grandma in such a tizzy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This is heresy

Give us the link

The time has come for us to wage war on the smash 4 social PMS Brothers
im too scared to post the link

Also they made a wiki for their Social Thread.
Why don't we have a wiki?
They probably think they're better than us.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Not only their ****posting is in a whole different level but their thread is sticky while this one isn't.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Yeah but we've got
uh
We've got top players from our game. And stuff.
Does ZeRo come to your thread?
that's what i thought
I was certainly being facetious. Trying to have an imaginary **** waving contest over social threads is just a silly and rather funny idea.

Staff~ is Cute! Cute!
Is this a fan-made satire thing or actual marketing? Is there even a difference now? (I'm being very facetious)

zman804

Smash Ace
I was certainly being facetious. Trying to have an imaginary **** waving contest over social threads is just a silly and rather funny idea.

Is this a fan-made satire thing or actual marketing? Is there even a difference now? (I'm being very facetious)
That is a fan (but accurate) translation of a Famitsu article. Skinship with your real little sister!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't know which is worse about that Fire Emblem ad: the implication that a family that adopted you and raised you shouldn't be considered your real one, or the incesty vibes this game is giving off.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
S4S has a wiki and they dared to just call it Smashboards Social Wiki like they own the place?

I wasn't going to get into this but now I'm mad.

Top Bottom