• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
"Dusty is also responsible for my name and character upon my arrival to WWE. After dropping my previous persona from the independents upon signing, I had to choose a new name and a new identity; a new character. It was Dream’s belief in me as a more natural, conversational speaker that helped my decision to more or less just be myself. Picking a name proved to be difficult though, as I had submitted three separate lists of names, all of which had been rejected. Finally, I was asked to narrow it down to 3-5 names and I had a private meeting with Dream to make the big decision. Well, that meeting lasted about a minute.

“So, which name do you like?” Dusty said, in his unmistakable and frequently imitated lisp.
“Uh, I don’t know…I kind of like Sami Zayn”, I replied sheepishly. Bear in mind, I had kept this name on each of the lists, and so the name Sami Zayn had been rejected three times at this point.
“Hmm…Sami Zayn……Sami….Zayn….” he said, as he slowly waved his arm laterally, as if visualizing it on a marquee. He paused, and nodded dramatically. “Yeah, that’s the name. You tell them Dream said Sami Zayn is the name.” And so it was, just like that. Even now telling that story, I have a grin on my face from ear to ear."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smklsp

I'm honestly kind of mad at life that nobody is going to ever be trained by this man anymore, that lady luck had to take him away and not let him help newer wrestlers until the end of civilization.

RIP dusty, we need more people like you in this world
I hope if they give Cody a title run, that it isn't handled as it was like Rey's run.

That was...interesting.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Ok I think I figured out why this final boss is giving me such trouble. It's like every single attack of his are Ether attacks, of which the agility stat is useless for which is why Dunban is dying so quickly (despite him, and Melia and Riki for that matter as well, having 800+ Ether Def). I have the feeling I am under-leveled somehow (level 77, his level comes up as ??? and I figured his box is red as a result of the ??? level. Idk) But I really don't want to load back to my last save just to level up. There has to be something I'm missing here that makes me keep messing up.

Why is it now I had to run into a problem with this game. ;-;
Final boss is level 82 iirc, think you're alright (it's certainly doable before then). Though I don't remember how the final boss' mechanics work without Shulk. Are you getting a little QTE thing with the Melia/Riki/Dunban setup?

Also to whoever brought it up before, XBC's NG+ is stupid and not worthwhile. If I wanted to play it again I'd just start a new playthrough.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Internet-badness stories... go?
Uh
  • I've been using torrents for years with no VPN or anything preventing me from getting caught.
  • Whenever I post something anywhere I get really attached to it and I wait for responses all the time.
  • I'm still bad at smash.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Final boss is level 82 iirc, think you're alright (it's certainly doable before then). Though I don't remember how the final boss' mechanics work without Shulk. Are you getting a little QTE thing with the Melia/Riki/Dunban setup?

Also to whoever brought it up before, XBC's NG+ is stupid and not worthwhile. If I wanted to play it again I'd just start a new playthrough.
QTE thing?

You mean the press B button as the red circle hits the blue circle thing which leads me to see a vision? If so then yea.

I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong in this fight that keeps leading me to game-over. Maybe I don't have optimal gem set-up or something. Idk.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm in winners GF of austin pm

One of their twitch mods is mad salty about it and banned me from chat lmaooo

Vashimus

Smash Master
The fact there seriously seems to be an expectation that one should be glued to their phone all the time, and can't just not look at it for a few hours because how wrude is mind-boggling.
I was texting a real cute girl I had met the day before. We really hit it off in person, so after some banter over text, I told her we should grab a bite to eat and asked how her schedule looked.

No response after several days. Which is fine, I can take a hint.

Get a message from her almost two weeks later at like midnight. She says she had strep throat that had turned into an infection and had to rush to the hospital thanks to a 101° fever. She said she was sorry, hoped I had a good day and if I wasn't mad, to text her back.

I'm pretty sure your health and well-being means way more than responding to my text, hun.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Dallas was so much fun. Sethlon and Dakpo kind of bodied me. But I did have a super tight set with Strong Bad. And it was streamed. I also beat Esam 2-0 in a $10 MM.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
hnnnngggggg

I want to talk about 3.6 things but if I do I'll get in trouble

oh god what do I even do with this information

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think some new content not shown in the trailer might be included due to the delay. Not sure if it's the cause of the delay, but maybe a new stage or costume might sneak in.

Regardless I'm really excited.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I honestly cant wait to go watch those VoDs just so I can see how much Tiko was ********

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
DEMONBOY DID NOTHING WRONG

Uh, I mean whens 3.6b coming out?

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
@ Mansta Mansta I love your avatar on multiple levels.

Also I wish we had SOMETHING akin to art Tuesdays--even if it was just a monthly thing. I think I'd be content with that. Though, I can't complain too hard because Lucas' booty-shaking animation was shown off (I don't understand how/why that was okay but lots of other stuff isn't?).

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Uh
  • I've been using torrents for years with no VPN or anything preventing me from getting caught.
  • Whenever I post something anywhere I get really attached to it and I wait for responses all the time.
  • I'm still bad at smash.
Are you my spirit animal?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I might be, but I dunno if spirit animals are allowed to tell you themselves so I'm going to go with the safe answer of yes.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Can someone in the know please tell me if the new announcer sounds horrible or not?

Also is PR something the PMDT will ever care enough about to accept applications for? I feel like they desperately need people dedicated to appeasing the community in situations where there is a lot of silence coming from their end. Recently, the Mother 4 Team announced that they were going to do biweekly updates intended to make themselves appear more transparent and give fans a behind-the-scenes look at what their team is currently up to. I really think the PMDT and the PM community in general could benefit by having a similar set of ideals to practice/appreciate... Personally I'd love to be able to contribute to something like that too.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Can someone in the know please tell me if the new announcer sounds horrible or not?
From the the two seconds I heard it's eh. I'd rather have this new one than sentence mixing the Brawl announcer, if the character names are any longer than Roy it sounds unnatural.

D

Deleted member

So, I went to IaB tonight and got the same place I've been getting for six weeks in a row. Time to hit the lab, again.

On the bright side, I went to IHOP at 2 AM, broke college kid style, and had dinner with ESAM and some other Project ****.

ESAM is chill as **** lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dallas was so much fun. Sethlon and Dakpo kind of bodied me. But I did have a super tight set with Strong Bad. And it was streamed. I also beat Esam 2-0 in a $10 MM.
Oh yeah, I saw you and wanted to get some games in, but I was so tired and bitter towards the end of the tournament lmao

Glad you had fun in DFW!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
At 3 AM I google weird stuff because I'm bored. Tonight I googled 'gohan pan' in Japanese and I got this video.
Wait, I didn't even know bread machines were even a thing until now.
Also, never had rice bread but it sounds really good bc rice is literally my favorite food.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ok I think I figured out why this final boss is giving me such trouble. It's like every single attack of his are Ether attacks, of which the agility stat is useless for which is why Dunban is dying so quickly (despite him, and Melia and Riki for that matter as well, having 800+ Ether Def). I have the feeling I am under-leveled somehow (level 77, his level comes up as ??? and I figured his box is red as a result of the ??? level. Idk) But I really don't want to load back to my last save just to level up. There has to be something I'm missing here that makes me keep messing up.

Why is it now I had to run into a problem with this game. ;-;
Topple locks and really strong this late in.

Keep toppling him lol

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

Also is PR something the PMDT will ever care enough about to accept applications for? I feel like they desperately need people dedicated to appeasing the community in situations where there is a lot of silence coming from their end. Recently, the Mother 4 Team announced that they were going to do biweekly updates intended to make themselves appear more transparent and give fans a behind-the-scenes look at what their team is currently up to. I really think the PMDT and the PM community in general could benefit by having a similar set of ideals to practice/appreciate... Personally I'd love to be able to contribute to something like that too.
"Tink-er Talks"

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Topple locks and really strong this late in.

Keep toppling him lol
My party isn't paticulary built around topple, unfortunately. I mean Melia has Spear Break and Starlight Kick (Spear is at max basic level and kick is at max intermediate level so they both last longer the topple does and it all begins again untill they refresh) and Dunban has Demon Slayer or whatever it is called, the one that forces it, which has insane cool down time. And dunban and riki suck at inflicting topple through the normal method of because AI is lol, I really wish there was a way to tell the AI not to use x Art until coneition x has been met.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Fill out party gauge before battle
Make sure everyone had shulks chain attack increase skill equipped
Spear break into starlight kick
Chain attack
Spear break again
Steel strike
Rikis crap topple
Starlight kick
Blossom dance/red skill if not available
Build red until chain ends

Continue to spam until victory

I run Dunban/Reyn/Shulk and honestly I think your team makes this harder than needed. But eh, try to just stack topples regardless. Or you can run through tephra cave, the new areas post the mechonis core give you like 2 levels

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I know shounen is bad and I should feel bad

But hot damn I really want J Stars Victory Vs+ especially now that I know it's coming out at the end of the month

Top Bottom