• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos I don't know WASP, sorry. I mean...your stuff looks right at a glance. I dunno what's wrong.

I'm more amused by the fact that this language doesn't seem to have a while loop. Or maybe your syntax is just off.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I make pizza at home many times a week.
None of this ordering and whatever.

You're all missing out.
Go make a home-made pizza, (or a billion) they're much better. You can also do WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT so why do anything else?

Edit: But yes, go @Soft Serve you sexy beast.

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
I make pizza at home many times a week.
None of this ordering and whatever.

You're all missing out.
Go make a home-made pizza, (or a billion) they're much better. You can also do WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT so why do anything else?

Edit: But yes, go @Soft Serve you sexy beast.
I am at your house where the crapballs are you
and I know tenki doesn't use the boards so I demand his account
pls @ Hylian Hylian moderate the account @Ooze to me so I can spam I mean post intelligaballs stuff

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos I don't know WASP, sorry. I mean...your stuff looks right at a glance. I dunno what's wrong.

I'm more amused by the fact that this language doesn't seem to have a while loop. Or maybe your syntax is just off.
It is just power shell. WASP just makes clicking or keystrokes easy to script by giving things like Send-Click. That's why I imported it at the beginning. It is kind of like java.awt.*

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Nobody's home tonight. Smash will probably be on Sat or something.
Why would you come over today?

Why tag ONLY Hylian?
@standardtoaster @Strong Bad @Shadic
The Ooze account was my little brothers account, but he can't access it, and neither can I.
If you DO give the info to someone/revitalize the account, give it to me and I'll shovel it over to him.
1FD will spam with it, trust me.
He already did and we only had it for a day.
But I would appreciate having it back. We simply don't know the password anymore (we have the email it's linked to still)

Anyone know of a good CPU level in PM that doesn't spam the heck out of basically every button in a mashing-like rhythm and multi-shine between stocks etc?
I want a good one to just beat on with people I'm showing things to, but... since 3.0... they've gone nuts.

1FD

Smash Ace
your internet sucks has tons of popups when did this happen
or is it just because I am using a junky computer why did you take yours where are you

If I get a petition for you to do a guide on dash dash shield short hop aerial how many people need to sign it before you have to do it by law?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Holy ****, 1FD's alive/back.

@ Nausicaa Nausicaa that's just Fox/Falco, pick anyone else and they'll function more or less like they did in 3.0.
A bunch of us in our local region were gonna come back to smash with some venue stuff coming up, but the venue thing didn't come through and we're likely to abandon the game (no as much of a hard-abandon though) for a while.
Played a bit with some of the current regulars/new-school players lately though, and they've gotten a LOT better. It's great.
We have a banner that says 'Don't get hit by the things you don't want to get hit by' and 'Hit them with the things you want to hit them with'
They live by it, and the practices and stuff we've been chucking at them are doing wonders.
I guess 1FD is a new-school player too, but he's older new-school, and they're all following in his footsteps of sexy-skilling.

But yeah, I'm leaving soon for sure, donno about his face.
He needs to leave my house when I'm not home first... lol

Even Captain Falcon was more like Captain Spazin when I tried it.
I'll try again, ty.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
A bunch of us in our local region were gonna come back to smash with some venue stuff coming up, but the venue thing didn't come through and we're likely to abandon the game (no as much of a hard-abandon though) for a while.
Played a bit with some of the current regulars/new-school players lately though, and they've gotten a LOT better. It's great.
We have a banner that says 'Don't get hit by the things you don't want to get hit by' and 'Hit them with the things you want to hit them with'
They live by it, and the practices and stuff we've been chucking at them are doing wonders.
I guess 1FD is a new-school player too, but he's older new-school, and they're all following in his footsteps of sexy-skilling.

But yeah, I'm leaving soon for sure, donno about his face.
He needs to leave my house when I'm not home first... lol

Even Captain Falcon was more like Captain Spazin when I tried it.
I'll try again, ty.
Laaaaame. It's too much fun having you around. Losing a venue sucks too, our local scene lost two late last year. Found a great new one a few months back though, which helped a lot. Things are too spread out around here but it's a start.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
HTML5 seems really good for 2d or even less robust 3d games. So I might do that cause learning

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/
Also, wat.
http://warioworld.com/

It costs money, rip the dream. Edit: I was referring to Impactjs

I think I'm just gonna learn C++ so I can use Unreal Engine
------------
http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/features.html
What is this and why does it sound so amazing. If I'm understanding this, I can program in java then export it to HTML5 wtf that so amazing how did they even do that it is free and open source the internet is so gdlk.

Hey, Unreal engine has a tutorial for making a game with online multiplayer.
Overambitious? Check.
Possibility of PMS playing my awful game? That's priceless.
Even if connecting is the only feature I accomplish I'm gonna do this.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Laaaaame. It's too much fun having you around. Losing a venue sucks too, our local scene lost two late last year. Found a great new one a few months back though, which helped a lot. Things are too spread out around here but it's a start.
I'll be back(arnyvoice)
I can't escape the community. It has leaked into my fb/email/skype/other games/anything/LIFE
Now it's like... ah stuff and things going on 'tagged in post/random phone call' HEY U SMASH YA ME NEW PLAY SOMETIME
damint

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Right, so, It would seem that I'm similar to both Houtarou(of Hyouka) and Hachiman(of Oregairu) to the degree that it almost sickens me. The only differences there are that I'm not quite as irreverently misanthropic, nor quite as lazy, nor quite as antisocial. ...None of which is saying much, ack!

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos
Ive tried to figure out Unreal Engine on 2 seperate occasions and in both I was so confused

The video tutorials didnt help, like theres one on making a mechanic where your character gets dimmer/slower over time and you have to pick up powerups to prevent that, and they alternated between blueprints(the visual scripting language they have) and c++. Everytime they did something they would poorly explain what they were doing, so I didn't really learn anything. So I tried going off of someone's code which was an implementation of Sonic mechanics like springs, spikes, rings, loops, powerups etc. which was considerably more helpful but I still couldn't figure out how to add things because his blueprint organization wasn't something I was used to

So back in my sophomore year in high school our final project in AP compsci was anything we wanted, and it could be in any language, not just Java. I made a silly platformer game thing in Flash and stored the final version on my laptop. That laptop went bad(first due to me accidentally throwing my phone at the screen, and second due to me overheating it due to overuse) and I lost the copy of the game that was on my regular computer due to me being bad at backing stuff up before I decide to format my computer. Last week I managed to find the compiled SWF of the game that was on my regular computer, it was sitting on my Dropbox that I stopped using around that time. I ended up decompiling it and I ended up getting all the code back. I was planning on using this to continue where I left off and improve the game, but looking at the code it might just be better to start from scratch because I used a bunch of tools I no longer have/don't want to bother getting set up again, and the code is a mess in the first place. I got a copy of Game Maker Pro a while ago for free, so I might start to learn that and get the game up in better and more manageable shape.

...Or I can spend days not doing anything but looking at different game libraries and jumping ship whenever it has something I don't like, kek

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
throw techs are hard I'm glad smash doesn't have em

inb4 learn to spotdodge on reaction

I also have consistently tested as having below average reaction times rip techasing abilities we mike ross reads now boys

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Only throw tech Smash should have is same-frame grab boxes forcing a break instead of choosing based on port priority.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Some Falco dittos from yesterday (2 days ago), I'm P4 (White pants)
This is us from 2011, I'm P2 (Red). I couldn't waveshine and stuff yet like he could

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't play Project M anymore.

It makes me sad :(.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Some Falco dittos from yesterday (2 days ago), I'm P4 (White pants)
This is us from 2011, I'm P2 (Red). I couldn't waveshine and stuff yet like he could
Your style is hella weird, man. You're super fast and you got really crisp movement, but then you drop l-cancels a bunch and occasionally get stuck in shines.
Cool vid though

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
iirc you mentioned a while back that this was due to the Ice Climbers bug, what happened to playing Link and Lucario?
I think Link is boring in 3.5. Lucario is fun but I really just have a drive to play IC's. I've wanted to since I started playing in 2.1. Aside from that, I'm not really happy with certain things I can't discuss in regards to development, and it's really just turned me off towards the game. It's a combination of several factors. I may play again when 3.6 comes out, and I still enter random tournaments but I mean I play the game like once every 2-3 months for short periods at a time.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I think Link is boring in 3.5. Lucario is fun but I really just have a drive to play IC's. I've wanted to since I started playing in 2.1. Aside from that, I'm not really happy with certain things I can't discuss in regards to development, and it's really just turned me off towards the game. It's a combination of several factors. I may play again when 3.6 comes out, and I still enter random tournaments but I mean I play the game like once every 2-3 months for short periods at a time.
Slap Strong Bad

Everything is his fault

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Being a Sonic fan post 2011 is really ****ing hard and depressing.

Thankfully, Johnny makes it so much easier. <3

Bazkip

Smash Master
So I just got added by this "person" on Facebook
Seems legit

Quality programming right there.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Post Sonic Adventures pls

Tho I wish the later games would have kept the whole thing of calling Robotnik, Eggman being an insult

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I pretend I don't like Sonic around people. In reality I own Sonic 1-3, CD, Mega Collection, Adventure 1&2 and Generations.

Probably more than that but that's all from my memory.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Your style is hella weird, man. You're super fast and you got really crisp movement, but then you drop l-cancels a bunch and occasionally get stuck in shines.
Cool vid though
I'll have some better matches eventually, the guys back for the summer from his far away college after we haven't gotten to play each other much in years. I noticed in those matches I had too little nair and up-tilt. I'm looking forward to incorporating a lot more techniques to get on the super level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8znKwUedVjU
-shield pivot usage
-dash shield drop
-more MW usage
-more shine WL platform usage
- Westballz' Shine Shine DJ WL pressure
- side-b shortens, wall techs, etc.

While I had my recording equipment out I recorded my current cue of saved PM replays

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So basically you're saying fox isn't getting nerfed

Top Bottom