• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Player -0

Smash Hero
I thought it was hilarious as a bad movie. The fight scene was enjoyable to watch and some of the jokes were funny. When Thor and everyone showed up I was disappointed, the movie went downhill in my opinion. Some of the parts were still funny but eh. The obstruction of justice cracked me up, I think they could've done it better though.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Off topic rant to myself...

It's frustrating as hell not to have a main. My amigo just magically clicked with Zelda and when i used to 2-3 stock him with any character, he's now doing the same to me. Another friend has been maining marth since the start. I really want to be able to start practicing a ton of movement and **** in the lab with a character but after a few days of playing as someone, they usually start to bore me or i find things out about their playstyle that just turn me off. I wish I could have a favorite nintendo character so I could blindly main them, or "click" with a character, but as it stands neither of those worked. It doesn't help that my playstyle in traditional fighters doesn't carry over to smash as well, so that leaves me without even a playstyle to go off of. Sorry for ******** I just want to improve but without a character I'm stunted for now.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581

It's frustrating as hell not to have a main. My amigo just magically clicked with Zelda and when i used to 2-3 stock him with any character, he's now doing the same to me. Another friend has been maining marth since the start. I really want to be able to start practicing a ton of movement and **** in the lab with a character but after a few days of playing as someone, they usually start to bore me or i find things out about their playstyle that just turn me off. I wish I could have a favorite nintendo character so I could blindly main them, or "click" with a character, but as it stands neither of those worked. It doesn't help that my playstyle in traditional fighters doesn't carry over to smash as well, so that leaves me without even a playstyle to go off of. Sorry for *****ing I just want to improve but without a character I'm stunted for now.
When in doubt, pick GnW.(Although I'm sure you already tried him)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just pick Mario, hold down, and press various buttons

I mean really, what could go wrong?

SpiderMad

Smash Master

It's frustrating as hell not to have a main. My amigo just magically clicked with Zelda and when i used to 2-3 stock him with any character, he's now doing the same to me. Another friend has been maining marth since the start. I really want to be able to start practicing a ton of movement and **** in the lab with a character but after a few days of playing as someone, they usually start to bore me or i find things out about their playstyle that just turn me off. I wish I could have a favorite nintendo character so I could blindly main them, or "click" with a character, but as it stands neither of those worked. It doesn't help that my playstyle in traditional fighters doesn't carry over to smash as well, so that leaves me without even a playstyle to go off of. Sorry for *****ing I just want to improve but without a character I'm stunted for now.
Diddy

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Just pick Mario, hold down, and press various buttons

I mean really, what could go wrong?
The same applies to Sonic in the event you wish to pull some edgeguard conversion bull****. Also, combos off of initial midair down b hitbox into FAir for dayz. (IE, in the event it actually works and you don't let Sanic's ****-tier aerial control screw you over).

@ NW_Gump NW_Gump , I will cheer you up in this lousy predicament the only way internet-me knows how....

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@ Hylian Hylian can i have the monitor on the right then
I'm still using that monitor..it's a really nice 24" ASUS. I replaced another third monitor that was 19". So now I have 27/27/24. Eventually going to get a third BenQ though and maybe then.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Clearly you aren't picking a main intuitively. So just main Fox.
Benefits:
  1. Top tier
  2. Applicable to melee
  3. Play smart aggression or laser camp, win your way.
  4. Character gets punishes for free, just win neutral -> massive percent lead or take a stock.
Sheik, Rob, Roy, Falcon are good choices too.

If you just play a character, you will come to like it.
- - - - - -
I got CS2. The freeware I used only lets me export to youtube unless I get pro.
What the actual ****.
Ok, I can still save it to a folder as .mp4, but why not just call it .mp4?
Pay gating other file types is super awful too. Why not make pro actually impressive features.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHY AM I MAKING A VIDEO FOR SPANISH CLASS, WHEN EXAMS ARE COMING UP.
I HAVE TO MAKE ONE FOR CHEMISTRY TOO. <-- THIS ONE WAS ASSIGNED TUESDAY. SERIOUSLY?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If you're gonna stretch out and crowd fund a fake trailer, it still needs to be a real movie not just a hodge podge of totally radical 80s themed ideas. See the Grindhouse trailers made into real movies: Hobo with a Shotgun, Machete and Machete Kills.
Those had backings from studios. This had backings from crowd funding. There is a big difference in terms of the budget they each had.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The design isn't there yet. Someone needs to make a legit arcade stick with an analog stick and 2 analog buttons for L and R....
and it should be mandatory for Fox players to learn it so they don't damage their hand bones further.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Adobe didn't lie when they said CS2 isn't compatible with current systems.

My spanish teacher can buy me a license for CC and kiss my ass.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
For some reason I've realized how funny having a little OCD is. It use to be worse as a kid, but then I grew out of most of it. So now it's just like this fun remnant of something I never cared to analyze. Beyond double checking reasonable stuff (Locked doors, Refrigerator): once in a while I still care about orientation or which direction an object should be rotated and/or unrotated (one of them being kind of like an invisible strings attached to stuff that's becoming wound, funny how my mind wants to feel that way when it's got nothin better to do or somethin). I think I may have even done (or still have?) a couple ruts with my mouse years ago. It happens so infrequent that I haven't took notice, though it's nice when I spot a situation where I get it or am doing something. Then I can laugh and or refuse the urge.

Oh I can get it during Smash with my controller, forgot about that too. My index starts wiping the plastic beyond the shoulder trigger, like I'm cleaning it. Okay now I gotta stop focusing on it before I regress lol.

The design isn't there yet. Someone needs to make a legit arcade stick with an analog stick and 2 analog buttons for L and R....
and it should be mandatory for Fox players to learn it so they don't damage their hand bones further.
Not sure that'd help

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Kazumi announced for tekken 7, she uses a tiger! She was previously in as a boss character but now she'll be playable and cleaned up a bit. Looks pretty good!

Bazkip

Smash Master
OMG NO
IT STILL WORKS

Edit: Interesting info from the uploader in the comments
"Just for an example of how bad Melee AI is, doing this for Melee for every character took about 6 hours in one evening (with several being guaranteed or near-guaranteed with the right stage and controller ports), while this took nearly a week to do for Wii U and tons of retries."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, I never knew how butthurt and salty I could get until I played CS:GO.

Why do I play CS:GO?

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds What are good RTS games to play, right now I'm looking at SC2. Somebody suggested Wargame Red Dragon to me. You played C&C right?
Starcraft 1 and 2 are the gold standard. I was a top player of Supreme Commander 1 and 2 (but mostly SupCom 1: Forged Alliance), but they're not as good as Starcraft. Planetary Annihilation is the newer successor to those, and I've heard good things.

There's lots of great, fun RTS out there. I don't know if there's any major new ones other than PA, haven't really kept up with it. It hurts me too much to think about RTS while not being able to play. As great of a game as Smash is, RTS will always be my soul.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm not sure if Dota-likes count as RTSes, but I play League a lot (and I hate every second of it)

especially all of the seconds where I'm dying to GODDAMN RIVEN ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIOT

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
rofl who the **** spends 10,000 hours playing games they dont even like, oh thats right League and Dota players thats who

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I just finished Yuri Kuma Arashi. I'm not sure I understand what I watched, but it was amazing.
Starcraft 1 and 2 are the gold standard. I was a top player of Supreme Commander 1 and 2 (but mostly SupCom 1: Forged Alliance), but they're not as good as Starcraft. Planetary Annihilation is the newer successor to those, and I've heard good things.

There's lots of great, fun RTS out there. I don't know if there's any major new ones other than PA, haven't really kept up with it. It hurts me too much to think about RTS while not being able to play. As great of a game as Smash is, RTS will always be my soul.
When is Warcraft 4?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
League is a piece of **** game. now excuse me, gotta go play hexakill mode because I have a problem

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im sitting here playin huniepop and Beli goes, "Do you like to look at your partners face while making love?" and i go Yes, I look right into her eyes.
then she has the gall to say, "really? thats beautiful"
and i just about cried

D

Deleted member

PvPs in general suck. Well, they don't suck, they just anger me to a point where I have to force myself to take a break from the game.

League is gross, CS:GO is gross, Dota is gross, I'm not signed on to a team and I'm not making any money, why am I fussing over comp so much, lmao

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Dota is fun if you choose to have fun with it, league is faster, but more homogenized IMO. It might be more balanced and competitive.
I just finished Yuri Kuma Arashi. I'm not sure I understand what I watched, but it was amazing.

When is Warcraft 4?
U get Protoss episode and no LAn
ever
TANKS BLIZZ
giv brood war 3 filthy foreigner devs.
^my exp with Starcraft community.
But srsly wtf no lan.
PvPs in general suck. Well, they don't suck, they just anger me to a point where I have to force myself to take a break from the game.

League is gross, CS:GO is gross, Dota is gross, I'm not signed on to a team and I'm not making any money, why am I fussing over comp so much, lmao
Good thing we never play against other people in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom