• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

No one waits patiently like Gaston.
im staying home today
activities include drinking milk and watching anime
also listing to moerap *YT video snip* you guys wish you were this gangsta

All day, erry' day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

truly, system of a down's greatest masterpiece.

@Scotch98' , agree?
Cigaro is definitely the best track from Mezmerize. Honestly, I can't choose between a favorite song from any of their albums, they're all pretty good.

However, Marmalade is probably my least favorite though, I think it was a bonus track with the Japanese edition of the debut album.

zman804

Smash Ace
oh my god there a bunch of bugs in my house

Link to picture

Does anyone know what these are? They're about an eighth of an inch big, and some seem to fly. They seem isolated in specific spots, and don't appear to behave like bed bugs; we found them on shirts but also in a very old box of dog treats. Our beds are untouched.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Yeah the PM community really needs to start doing Patreons. I mean TLoC/PMCentral is going to stream Paragon and not going to make any sub/ad money. We should get in contact with them to make a patreon, they deserve some money for travelling so far and putting in so much effort.

Other streams should follow suit. Sure its annoying we can't have quality options but we have a workaround now.

D

Deleted member

Disagree. Steal This Album! (these were b-sides, mind you) and Toxicity were better overall.

...though Mezmerize wasn't bad. Hypnotize, however...

Fight me.

Smooth Criminal
Eponymous Album > Steal This Album! > Mezmerize > Toxicity > Hypnotize. imo, their whole discography is amazing though

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Eponymous Album > Steal This Album! > Mezmerize > Toxicity > Hypnotize. imo, their whole discography is amazing though
For me, I'd swap Toxicity and Mezmerize's places (I'll admit that Toxicity is near and dear to me, nostalgia-wise). It's perfect otherwise, and I agree that overall SOAD is a solid band. Even Hypnotize, which was a mediocre (imo) album by the band's standards, was decent.

Smooth Criminal

MLGF

Smash Lord
So... my crew ran official CT Melee's stream yesterday.

I'm not even going to apologize for the commentary, lol. We never had that many people and we had no intention of amping up our general commentary beyond the norm, we were too busy that a 74 man tournament in a place where we usually get half of that tops ran smoothly. Because honestly, that's way more important then the stream.

And I stopped caring about commentating when someone brought a PM setup, lmao.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Warning Received
LiquidDinner.

DrinkingFood's arch nemesis.
lmao

Awww snap, can't wait to see what will happen :awesome:

Regarding that reddit thread actually I have 2 things to say:
1. http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comme...rms_that_project_m_isnt_allowed_to_be/crh3yae
The :shaker: is real.

2. I wish NoJ would just get with the ****ing times already

I mean, NoA is already intrigued/ ok with PM and NoANZ promoted BAM 7 on their twitter.
NoJ plz, i cri ;_;
But PM wasn't at BAM7 I thought
that's why Project Melbourne was held yesterday...?

Last edited by a moderator:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Wasn't that some crazy loophole to get PM at BAM and keep the sponsors?
I thought it was pretty clever myself.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
But PM wasn't at BAM7 I thought
that's why Project Melbourne was held yesterday...?
Wasn't that some crazy loophole to get PM at BAM and keep the sponsors?
I thought it was pretty clever myself.
Yeah, the loophole thing.

But also just how NoJ is generally not in touch with the rest of the world an what not.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't mean to be a cynical jerk, but why do I get the feeling that Splatoon is going to be the epitome of how behind Nintendo is with online features and netcode in general?

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, it's hands down the most ambitious endeavor Ninty has had with this kind of stuff before.

Guess we'll wait and see honestly. I'm pretty neutral TBH

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
And all thanks to Pair Up.
Not even, it feels lazy as ****. Units other than Frederick and Lissa are practically useless because enemies are over inflated compared to the basic units. Fake diffuculty at it's finest.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
....And that is all because of the imbalance Pair-Up creates lol.
Except it's literally not balanced to pair up at all, did you not read? Pairing up on lunatic literally does nothing to give the basics a chance. Pair up isint even broken, it only causes a problem when you start reclassing to lvl 1 for stat caps by at which point the unit is already ****ing strong enough to decimate things on it's own. Lunatic shouldnt have just been "hurr durr, enemies ao powerful they auto kill everyone but Fred" but an actual challenge that was thought out.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't mean to be a cynical jerk, but why do I get the feeling that Splatoon is going to be the epitome of how behind Nintendo is with online features and netcode in general?
Ehhhh, I dunno about the netcode part.

I mean, when I played the testfire, I had nothing except good connections.
The only time I lagged out or was any match was laggy, was because my internet kept on going out for some reason during the test fire >_>

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Ehhhh, I dunno about the netcode part.

I mean, when I played the testfire, I had nothing except good connections.
The only time I lagged out or was any match was laggy, was because my internet kept on going out for some reason during the test fire >_>
This

Splatoon has really good netcode, only problems i had were because the crappy internet at the apartments where I stayed

MLGF

Smash Lord
Pair up is busted AF.

Here's how you beat Lunatic
*Create a Avatar with +speed/def or whatever, make sure it's female*
*Pair up avatar for extra EXP*
*Get to level ten*
*Reclass to pegasus at like chapter 2/3 because Avatar's skill is busted*
*Get to level ten again*
*Promote to Dark Flier at level 10, like 2 or 3 more chapters later*
*Realize at this point the insane stats of the avatar are so high up it doesn't matter who else is on your team, they're just liabilities, only use the avatar and whoever she's paired with. Probably Chrom*
*Make sure she and Chrom are married*
*Continue to have Avatar eat so much EXP she gets Galeforce before Lucina*
*Maybe reclass to something like dark mage because lolsferatu*
*Proceed to beat game with three galeforce units that soak up EXP like a sponge, or continue to just use the original one the result is the same.*

Congrats, you beat Lunatic

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Except it's literally not balanced to pair up at all, did you not read? Pairing up on lunatic literally does nothing to give the basics a chance. Pair up isint even broken, it only causes a problem when you start reclassing to lvl 1 for stat caps by at which point the unit is already ****ing strong enough to decimate things on it's own. Lunatic shouldnt have just been "hurr durr, enemies ao powerful they auto kill everyone but Fred" but an actual challenge that was thought out.
The enemy is given these high as **** stats because of the pair-up system (Pair-Up is also why hard mode is a total joke). You're right that in the early phases (prolouge to chapter 2) of Lunatic that Pair-Up doesn't make that much of a difference, but it is still because of Pair Up that the enemies are made as strong as they are (because Pair Up, and how it is implemented in Awakening, is a broken mess of a mechanic). And besides once chapter 3 rolls around the corner Pair Up because immeasurably useful again because of Kellam and Sumia alone (and even better when you get Lonqu, Panne, Cordelia, and Nowi and once Robin and Chrom get some levels under their belt).

Basically, due to the brokeness of Pair Up as a mechanic in Awakening they had to give Lunatic more of a fake difficulty to keep it difficult. And that's really only for the prologue and first 2 chapters. Once chapter 3 comes along things become a bit more reasonable (still dumb though).

Map design isn't any help either.

Pair up is busted AF.

Here's how you beat Lunatic
*Create a Avatar with +speed/def or whatever, make sure it's female*
*Pair up avatar for extra EXP*
*Get to level ten*
*Reclass to pegasus at like chapter 2/3 because Avatar's skill is busted*
*Get to level ten again*
*Promote to Dark Flier at level 10, like 2 or 3 more chapters later*
*Realize at this point the insane stats of the avatar are so high up it doesn't matter who else is on your team, they're just liabilities, only use the avatar and whoever she's paired with. Probably Chrom*
*Make sure she and Chrom are married*
*Continue to have Avatar eat so much EXP she gets Galeforce before Lucina*
*Maybe reclass to something like dark mage because lolsferatu*
*Proceed to beat game with three galeforce units that soak up EXP like a sponge, or continue to just use the original one the result is the same.*

Congrats, you beat Lunatic
That's no fun though. :c

Last edited:
Top Bottom