• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
When I grow up and graduate from college, i'm going to ignore my degree and become samurai flamenco instead

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Oh my god I never thought I would be saying this after seeing it a few times here, but:
There's a girl I like and I don't know what to do, I think I need medical attention.
Don't think about it twice and ask her to go out. Remember to look strong while doing so.

D

Deleted member

make sure to flex your meme muscles and have your six pack bleed through your minecraft shirt

Last edited by a moderator:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Oh my god I never thought I would be saying this after seeing it a few times here, but:
There's a girl I like and I don't know what to do, I think I need medical attention.
Show her your dank memes and don't tell her about your collection of rare pepes.

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Like @ Draco_The Draco_The said, go for it if you can. The worst that can happen is that she says no if you do ask. If you don't, the worst is regret that you didn't.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Has anyone here watched The Maze Runner as well as read the book(s)? If so, if I were to watch the movie just how disappointed would I be with the movie (especially since The Maze Runner trilogy and the prequel are basically my fave book series)?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Casually introduce yourself. Try to make small talk. Oh and don't forget to compliment her. Like if she works at the cash register, tell her how really strong she looks working the item scanner.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I had the worst sub in my entire life today
Young woman, probably in her 25-30s Made loud breathing noises and walked around like Gilgamesh.
She tells us in DIGITAL GRAPHICS that our assignment is to go on a niche website and put together elements to make other elements
I go along with it, and she says the last 5 minutes is free time (we usually get 30 because we finish in the first 20 the usual photo shop assignment)
a hole is made in my shirt by a pencil 10 minutes into class and she interrogates me why I'm looking at my shirt
>you are on your phone aren't you? you can't be looking at your shirt for no reason
>look at the (****ing) shirt miss, there a hole in it that's new
>right, ill be keeping an eye on you
At the last 5 minutes of class I pull a phone out of my bag to tell my mom I'm walking home
She then proceeds to take my phone away for "being on facebook"
then she says how she not gonna let me have it till the last 5 minutes of class, but then a kid points out that it IS the last five minutes of class
She rudely hands me my phone back, and I mutter "thanks for taking my phone up for no apparent reason"
she catches that and proceeds to yell at the top of her douche lungs
IF HAY WANT START AN ARGUMENT WITH ME I WILL GET AN ADMINISTRATOR RIGHT NOW AND YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE OFFICE FOR (bunch of reasons that don't make sense whatsoever)
at this point I just spread my arms out wide like an airplane and yelled, OK!
She didn't do anything and I left really passed
I left like a badass though, and that's all that matters
But seriously, sub lady, please go find somewhere else to defecate on someone day. I will eternally hate you for making me stare at a screen and put pictures on pictures for an hour.
I thought you were going to talk about sandwiches, so I thought about the amazing sub I had at the last joint pf/df smash fest.
From Jimmy juans:
Roast beef, turkey, bacon, lettuce,provalone, on french bread. Top tier tbh.

Completely unrelated, but thought id share.

OH what area are you going to be in when you move to az? I forgot lol.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Has anyone here watched The Maze Runner as well as read the book(s)? If so, if I were to watch the movie just how disappointed would I be with the movie (especially since The Maze Runner trilogy and the prequel are basically my fave book series)?
I quit at the beginning of the 2nd book because after reading the hunger games I read every YA book. I thought it was as good or an improvement.
- - -
Taking a Math placement test tomorrow, wish me luck guys.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I thought you were going to talk about sandwiches, so I thought about the amazing sub I had at the last joint pf/df smash fest.
From Jimmy juans:
Roast beef, turkey, bacon, lettuce,provalone, on french bread. Top tier tbh.

Completely unrelated, but thought id share.

OH what area are you going to be in when you move to az? I forgot lol.
june 6th, when i get there its gonna take some time moving from a rent place to an actual home so i probably wont be able to be in the smash scene for a week/few weeks

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Thanks guys, I'll ask her out the next time I have a chance. (I ****ed up today by not asking when I had a chance. I was alone with her after everyone had left school.)

Also I think my memes might be too dank for her so I'll try to turn my meme meter down a bit.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Steins Gate is probably the best Dr Pepper advertisement I've ever seen. I've been influenced to buy this stuff a lot since playing the vn. pls help.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I quit at the beginning of the 2nd book because after reading the hunger games I read every YA book. I thought it was as good or an improvement.
Your first sentence makes me far less inclined to take your opinion into any amount of consideration.

Cause The Maze Runner books were godlike and the fact that you quite at the beginning of the second book shows just how bad your tastes are. :p

Anyone here seen Dracula Untold? Or Interstellar? Or Into the Woods? Or Big Hero 6? Or the newest Night at the Museum? Or the new Godzilla? Or Lucy? Or the newest 300? Or Kingsman: The Secret Service? Or Seventh Son? How good were any of them?

I'm trying to decide on a movie, I haven't seen yet, to watch online tonight at midnight with popcorn but I can't decide what I want to watch. :<

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Anyone here seen Dracula Untold? Or Interstellar? Or Into the Woods? Or Big Hero 6? Or the newest Night at the Museum? Or the new Godzilla? Or Lucy? Or the newest 300? Or Kingsman: The Secret Service? Or Seventh Son? How good were any of them? I'm trying to decide on a movie, I haven't seen yet, to watch online tonight at midnight with popcorn but I can't decide what I want to watch. :<
Nope. Yep. Nope. Yep. Nope. Yep. Nope, nope, nope, nope.
Interstellar is good(though YMMV), BH6 is amazing, and the 2014 Big G movie is decent. as far as kaiju fiction goes.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Your first sentence makes me far less inclined to take your opinion into any amount of consideration.

Cause The Maze Runner books were godlike and the fact that you quite at the beginning of the second book shows just how bad your tastes are. :p

Anyone here seen Dracula Untold? Or Interstellar? Or Into the Woods? Or Big Hero 6? Or the newest Night at the Museum? Or the new Godzilla? Or Lucy? Or the newest 300? Or Kingsman: The Secret Service? Or Seventh Son? How good were any of them?

I'm trying to decide on a movie, I haven't seen yet, to watch online tonight at midnight with popcorn but I can't decide what I want to watch. :<
Into the woods was great. I'm not much of a movie guy so I didn't see the rest of that this.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nope. Yep. Nope. Yep. Nope. Yep. Nope, nope, nope, nope.
Interstellar is good(though YMMV), BH6 is amazing, and the 2014 Big G movie is decent. as far as kaiju fiction goes.
ehhh

'Zilla '14 needed less humans, and more monster-romping. The director apparently said that this was deliberate because they wanted the first movie to more of a backdrop for future works, so I guess I can kinda dig it.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not big into YA books (some of them focus more on wangst than good character development), but I suppose a diamond or three can come outta the rough every so often.

Smooth Criminal

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The 1st Maze Runner book had a good premise and the major conflict is solved.
Then going into the 2nd book you only have the Main character and his relationship with the girl and it is pretty boring.

I forgot all the trig stuff from 3rd quarter. If I get placed into precal again I'm just done.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok. This isn't helping like I thought it would. ;-;

I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO WATCH.

Not big into YA books (some of them focus more on wangst than good character development), but I suppose a diamond or three can come outta the rough every so often.

Smooth Criminal
For me it is more of a case that I generally find YA books easier to read then "regular/adult" books and be more engaging most of the time. Still, I really like the Dragonlance Series and Night Angel Trilogy (Night Angel Trilogy is actually my second fave book series) and of course J.R.R. Tolkien's worka. But I also have yet to run into a YA book (series) that I consider bad.

Still a very paticular gem I would point you to is a book series called The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. Especially if you are a fan of any of the following; Tolkien, Lewis, Twain, Verne, Poe, and a number of other famous authors (and some other famous figures like Franklin and Tesla).

Some other ones I would considered diamonds in the rough; Rangers Apprentice series (and the companion series Brotherband Chronicles), Graceling books, Beyonders, Fablehaven, The Maze Runne trilogy and the prequel The Kill Order (though I'm not really sure what you consider wangst and whatnot so mmv), and the Ascendance Trilogy. Oh and the book titled Incarceron and its sequel Sapphique are pretty good too imo but again might depend on your definition of wangst.

The 1st Maze Runner book had a good premise and the major conflict is solved.
Then going into the 2nd book you only have the Main character and his relationship with the girl and it is pretty boring.
The Scorching Trials is the best book in the series. Da hell you talking bout. I mean sure Thomas is worried about Teresa after she disappeared like that, and the premise of why is set in The Maze Runner, but it becomes so much more then just about their relationship (which falls into pieces towards the end of the book for various valid reasons).

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Author whose stuff you lot should read: Go Nagai, Isaac Asimov, Jim Butcher, Osamu Tezuka, Robert A. Heinlein, Terry Pratchet, and Tom Clancy.
..I just quadrupled your backlogs. :^)

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Good man, Mech. Pretty good reading, especially with Pratchett and Butcher up there.

...though Tom Clancy is kinda hit-or-miss. Definitely read the older books. Same with Ludlum, too. The original Bourne series was really, really good.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I played around in that Pokemon Fusion thingy on the internet and this thing came out:

The funny part is the fact that the name came out as Mr. Nair. I'm pretty much dead.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal I love mecha/military/SF/what-have-you-fiction where the research was actually done more than most people, so yeah, Clancy isn't for everyone lol.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Out of all those, I've seen Dracula and Interstellar. I enjoyed both. Dracula because I thought it was nice that Dracula wasn't portrayed as a villain as before other iterations and Interstellar because I love space.

uhh

anime
1426232587721.gif

Top Bottom