• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

zman804

Smash Ace
So apparently MVG Revelations 2 (more like Revelaitons amirite?) is looking to be another disaster with nowhere near enough setups and logistics still not finalized just before the tourney.

@ zman804 zman804 you're going to that to stream PM right? Good luck man, hopefully you get to have grand finals this time :/
>Leave at 7:30 AM, Everything is fine
>Heavy rain, no streetlights and mountains trying harder than Nintendo to kill PM
>Get to hotel at like 1 AM, this tournament is apparently going to be a disaster

I contacted MDZ and told him I would help run PM. We'll make this work.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Should I watch The Graduate or Apocalypse NOW Redux tonight? I've already seen the latter once but that was like 6 years ago and I'll probably find out so many new things about it. It's still one of my all time favourites. On one hand I want to experience it again but on the other I don't want to stain my incredibly good memories of watching it for the first time.

Anyhow, I'm in for some good times.

Also I checked out Homestar runner for the very first time yesterday. I'm kind of regretting not knowing about it when it was actually relevant. I'll admit their jokes were still somewhat funny at least in the Strong bad emails section, but as I don't have any nostalgia points to give, I just can't really get into it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think Soda is bad taste.
Yeah, I've cut soda from my diet almost 100% at this point. More or less, I exclusively drink it when I need a mixer for alcoholic beverages, heh.

That's not to say I didn't like the taste, but I learned after quitting it that the acid levels are absurd and going back to it is almost painful. Acid reflux out the ass.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Yeah, I've cut soda from my diet almost 100% at this point. More or less, I exclusively drink it when I need a mixer for alcoholic beverages, heh.

That's not to say I didn't like the taste, but I learned after quitting it that the acid levels are absurd and going back to it is almost painful. Acid reflux out the ***.
It's hard for me to give up soda. It's just so good. As we speak, I'm drinking Diet Mountain Dew.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
If you can't take people commenting on what you're doing, you probably shouldn't ramble on about it on the public forum, just saying.
This is why I try to ****post 99% of the time.

Olimar discussion falls under this category.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I stopped drinking soda pretty much entirely unless I'm at a party where alcohol isn't available. These days, its water(srsly, water is so damn good) and fruit juice and other fruit-derived drinks.
Psh, dude, I still don't know what to do when I like a girl and I've had seven girlfriends plus three other girls that I dated and had sexy times with.

You never have to know what to do. I don't think I've ever initiated by asking a girl out. It's a simple way, but it's not like it's the only way. What's important is confidence and perceptiveness. And flirting, I guess. But it varies from person to person, thus the perceptiveness part.

Of course, there is inevitably rules one and two:
  1. Be attractive
  2. Don't be unattractive

In other news, oh my god this week has been hectic.
Monday I had classes from 11 to 6, then did taekwondo from 7 to 9ish. I started going to my uni's TKD club like three weeks ago and they were like, "Hey, you wanna perform in this Korean cultural arts show with us?" And I said, "uhhhhh" and they were like "Great! You're in!" So I was practicing for that with them.

And then on Tuesday I had classes and stuff and then hosted Smash stuff at my apartment from like 6 to 11 and then did homework until 2, then on Wednesday did the same thing as Monday.

Thursday I went to classes, did my reading and philosophy essay 2 hours before it was due, then hung out with the girl I'm dating playing MK8 for a while before running a Melee doubles tournament before going to an impromptu party with some other Smashers while putting off my Data Structures homework. I ended up trying to program while kind of drunk at like midnight, and got it mostly done but had some bugs I couldn't fix. So at like 5 AM I've kind of sobered up and give it another shot, make progress but still don't have enough brainpower to fix the very last bugs.

I go home at 6 and sleep until 9 before getting up to shower and promptly deciding that I can afford more sleep, sleep until 10ish, and then finally realize that I had a - instead of a + in my code and that was literally the only problem, fix it and turn it in, since it was due at noon, and then do the lab report that's due at 2, go to lab, go home, make an audio edit for a presentation that my mom is doing at a celebration thingie this weekend, then ate and promptly went to do the show for TKD, rehearsing at like 6 on until we performed at like 9, then watched the rest of the show and just got home now (EDIT: midnight here). But I did get to break boards and do flashy martial arts stunts onstage, so that was neat.

So, TL;DR I'm totally out of energy and am running on like 4 or 5 hours of badly-scheduled sleep.

I'm 'bout to die, but it was nice knowing y'all.
Corrolaries to rules 1 and 2: What's attractive and unattractive varies. Confidence and Perceptiveness should honestly be the new Rules 1 and 2.
Also, drink more, party more, sleep less, and play more smash. It'll totally fix your problems. Every single one.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Look, I really need my sleep. 8 hours minimum or I feel like death, and sometimes I feel like death anyway.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Look, I really need my sleep. 8 hours minimum or I feel like death, and sometimes I feel like death anyway.
yeah, except sometimes my brain's like "BRUH! BRUH! BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! IT'S 930! WAKE UP! I DON'T CARE THAT WE WENT TO SLEEP AT 330 LAST NIGHT! GEEEEET UUUUUUUP!"

Lizalfos

Smash Master
They gonna make me retake precal.

ANYTHING BUT ****ING PRECAL

I should have just taken calc H this year I probably would have been better off.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
why hasn't my teacher put up my grade for the year >: C she said she would have them up by yesterday >: C

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
yeah, except sometimes my brain's like "BRUH! BRUH! BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! IT'S 930! WAKE UP! I DON'T CARE THAT WE WENT TO SLEEP AT 330 LAST NIGHT! GEEEEET UUUUUUUP!"
That's a good 6 hours bruh.

Anything less than 4 is when I get cranky.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm a pretty solid 7-8 hour sleep baby. less than 7 and i start to fall asleep if i have to sit still for more than 30 minutes ;x

i also have a relatively physically demanding job and i try to work out on top of that, so that probably contributes to it, as well as normal physiological differences.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
mr pibb > dr pepper, youre all dumb if you think otherwise

(not sayin dr pepper is bad, mr pibb is just better)

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Pibb lol
Funny name for a thing. Never heard of it, I'll assume it's the pepsi/coce thing to the pepper

You know what's REALLY good?
Celery pepper. It's like celery salt (amazing) but just better.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Am I to believe that the entirety of what happened on the last page or two was solely over some soda?

I mean...Seriously? This is why people are supposed to go to bed at night. Otherwise, dumb stuff like that happens.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Ok. This isn't helping like I thought it would. ;-;

I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO WATCH.

For me it is more of a case that I generally find YA books easier to read then "regular/adult" books and be more engaging most of the time. Still, I really like the Dragonlance Series and Night Angel Trilogy (Night Angel Trilogy is actually my second fave book series) and of course J.R.R. Tolkien's worka. But I also have yet to run into a YA book (series) that I consider bad.

Still a very paticular gem I would point you to is a book series called The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. Especially if you are a fan of any of the following; Tolkien, Lewis, Twain, Verne, Poe, and a number of other famous authors (and some other famous figures like Franklin and Tesla).

Some other ones I would considered diamonds in the rough; Rangers Apprentice series (and the companion series Brotherband Chronicles), Graceling books, Beyonders, Fablehaven, The Maze Runne trilogy and the prequel The Kill Order (though I'm not really sure what you consider wangst and whatnot so mmv), and the Ascendance Trilogy. Oh and the book titled Incarceron and its sequel Sapphique are pretty good too imo but again might depend on your definition of wangst.

The Scorching Trials is the best book in the series. Da hell you talking bout. I mean sure Thomas is worried about Teresa after she disappeared like that, and the premise of why is set in The Maze Runner, but it becomes so much more then just about their relationship (which falls into pieces towards the end of the book for various valid reasons).
YA novels are like anime in that most of them are written for the lowest common denominator.
@Hylian is the Dr Pepper Elf and most of PMS worships Dr Pepper, you can't be saying that **** around here.
Screenshot_2015-02-27-17-33-08.png

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
More like I need sleep, which I'll be doing here soon anyways, but I can guarantee you I'll feel the same way even when I wake up and am not so tired.
Looks like you got

Were we on Tumblr for a page, or something? Christ.
Am I to believe that the entirety of what happened on the last page or two was solely over some soda?
Actual wars have been fought over smaller things.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Let's see, eenie, meenie, miney...

Hey @Umbreon, ever wonder what it'd be like to be a Sylveon~? ¦D

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
captains log
15 hours into fate/stay night
got an h scene
story is still really good
also h scene was really good
will report if any changes

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Looks like you got
Yea well. When your tired asf and someone says something that irks you alot, isn't a good combination (I would have probably just ignored we what was said had I been in a clear states, even if still peeved by it, don't like people I don't know making assumptions about my life). But hey **** happens.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

I mean...Seriously? This is why people are supposed to go to bed at night. Otherwise, dumb stuff like that happens.
well, if people wouldn't make bold faced lies about dr. pepper being worse than pibb, we wouldn't have these problems.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
if I didn't have homework to do today I would make an IS MAHVEL BAYBEE edited version of this entire video because it's just too good

edit: damn I'm watching a bunch of old 3.02 videos and now I kinda miss it, it reminds me a lot of the hype moments of mvc2

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
if I didn't have homework to do today I would make an IS MAHVEL BAYBEE edited version of this entire video because it's just too good

edit: damn I'm watching a bunch of old 3.02 videos and now I kinda miss it, it reminds me a lot of the hype moments of mvc2
Honestly, 3.02 had some super exciting stuff in it. I do think 3.5 is a better game, but a few characters just got kinda boring? See: Pit, ZSS. Plus I just feel like people got salty about changes so they dropped their character/stopped exploring.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Honestly, 3.02 had some super exciting stuff in it. I do think 3.5 is a better game, but a few characters just got kinda boring? See: Pit, ZSS. Plus I just feel like people got salty about changes so they dropped their character/stopped exploring.
The PMBR is actually doing a decent job at PM: so far.

Top Bottom