• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Writing for school sucks (reminds me, D&D when? My club for school shut down in a way. My character is level one so I can just kinda swing him over. Sleeping in the place of a sadistic person doesn't seem very safe... Den floors though.

1. Pretend to be innocent 8 year old
2. ???
3. Profit

loljk
Writing for school does suck, but you just gotta suck it up and do it. It does get better, but it'll get worse before it gets better, so you should just get used to it. I dunno about D&D. If we do, I likely won't participate. D&D is a bit too number-crunchy for me, and I'm already involved with some other RP stuff irl.

And c'mon, I'm not sadistic normally. Just in private when I'm grading and laughing at kids. And when I play games. And when I GM. And I do balance it out by legitimately caring for the welfare of others.
So basically, so long as you don't play Smash against me, we should be ok. I won't hurt you, promise!

My roommate loves kids, but not like that. Preeeetty sure she's not a shotacon. I think. I hope. Besides, how would being an innocent 8-year old get you into bed with a girl in the first place?

Ok I have an important question.

For lunch should I eat a steak left over from yesterday or should I eat taco salad (the kind with Doritos, http://www.emilybites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Doritos-Taco-Salad-5b.jpg for those unaware)?
How good was the steak to begin with, and can you heat it again without the meat getting too chewy?
Also, Taco Salad is excellent. Easy to eat, bursting with nutrients, and tasty. A+ food, if you've got all the veggies and stuff.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Oh, on the side note I finished Angel Beats. A lot of my views on life/stuff I've thought about were mentioned in episode 12 (I think it was 12), so that's funny. Some confusing/disappointing stuff/plot holes but it was enjoyable.

Oh yeah, also finished Yowamushi Pedal (season 2). Aka pumped for Cross Country season now.

Bleck

Smash Master
I finished an anime once it was called Cowboy Bebop and I haven't had to look back since

mimgrim

Smash Hero
How good was the steak to begin with,
Cooked by my dad, so pretty much the best steak ever. Better then you can ever get at any kind of restaurant.

and can you heat it again without the meat getting too chewy?
Maybe, if I do it right and don't cook it in the Microwave but rather the oven or skillet or something.

Also, Taco Salad is excellent. Easy to eat, bursting with nutrients, and tasty. A+ food, if you've got all the veggies and stuff.
Doritios, ground beef, cheese, tomatoes onions, lettuce, and ranch (made from the packet because ewwww bottled ranch). It's absolutely divine and is one of my most fave meals for a reason. Though steaks and ribs (the good kind, not the icky boiled kind found in restaurants) can give it a good run for its money.

I AM SO TORN

Also Bleck is best waifu.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Cooked by my dad, so pretty much the best steak ever. Better then you can ever get at any kind of restaurant.

Maybe, if I do it right and don't cook it in the Microwave but rather the oven or skillet or something.

Doritios, ground beef, cheese, tomatoes onions, lettuce, and ranch (made from the packet because ewwww bottled ranch). It's absolutely divine and is one of my most fave meals for a reason. Though steaks and ribs (the good kind, not the icky boiled kind found in restaurants) can give it a good run for its money.

I AM SO TORN

Also Bleck is best waifu.
Eat the steak for lunch, make Taco Salad for dinner?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Writing for school does suck, but you just gotta suck it up and do it. It does get better, but it'll get worse before it gets better, so you should just get used to it. I dunno about D&D. If we do, I likely won't participate. D&D is a bit too number-crunchy for me, and I'm already involved with some other RP stuff irl.

And c'mon, I'm not sadistic normally. Just in private when I'm grading and laughing at kids. And when I play games. And when I GM. And I do balance it out by legitimately caring for the welfare of others.
So basically, so long as you don't play Smash against me, we should be ok. I won't hurt you, promise!
My roommate loves kids, but not like that. Preeeetty sure she's not a shotacon. I think. I hope. Besides, how would being an innocent 8-year old get you into bed with a girl in the first place?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I try lol. D&D isn't super number crunchy in my experience. Of course there's nonchalant dice rolls happening all the time but eh. Wait what else would be happening besides smashing all night?

Nah but I think you took that last part too seriously.

Helsong

Smash Ace
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I try lol. D&D isn't super number crunchy in my experience. Of course there's nonchalant dice rolls happening all the time but eh. Wait what else would be happening besides smashing all night?

Nah but I think you took that last part too seriously.
I was just taking it at face value for the sake of absurdity. Trust me, I know you weren't being serious, but I've found that taking otherwise joking comments at face value tends to be entertaining to me. Case in point: acting like an innocent boy getting you into bed with a girl. Absurd.

D&D gets crunchy at higher levels, especially past lvl15 or so when your characters have lots of options and lots of dice to throw around. In a party of 4-6, a single combat can take upwards of a half hour. It's nuts. Plus the system itself is unbalanced and not very flexible. But at lower levels it's pretty ok, save for the flexibility in character creation.

Other than Smash? I dunno. Drinking, playing other games, probably sleeping after passing out from the aformentioned drinking.
Well, unless you're under 21, in which case...well, I dunno. You'd get to have an early bedtime.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I was just taking it at face value for the sake of absurdity. Trust me, I know you weren't being serious, but I've found that taking otherwise joking comments at face value tends to be entertaining to me. Case in point: acting like an innocent boy getting you into bed with a girl. Absurd.

D&D gets crunchy at higher levels, especially past lvl15 or so when your characters have lots of options and lots of dice to throw around. In a party of 4-6, a single combat can take upwards of a half hour. It's nuts. Plus the system itself is unbalanced and not very flexible. But at lower levels it's pretty ok, save for the flexibility in character creation.

Other than Smash? I dunno. Drinking, playing other games, probably sleeping after passing out from the aformentioned drinking.
Well, unless you're under 21, in which case...well, I dunno. You'd get to have an early bedtime.
shoutout to underage drinking

also I might be going to smash and splash get hyyyyyyypeeee

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
oh boy I made it
I'd like to thank my family and waifus for this amazing moment and supporting me all the way there

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
2k hype, hypeeee

Also texas guys, there's a guy from UT Austin visiting and he's coming to the weekly today, did some creeping and can't find a tag but he was head TO for UT Austin for a while, how boned am I going to be in our money match? Lol

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So in Super Metroid you carry momentum into jumps, but I'm not sure if you can convert it to the opposite direction or if that is just spin jump's normal mobility and you are giving up the momentum when you hit the other direction.
How does gravity work.

What is a good guide for how I can structure all this well so I don't have to redo all my awful code.

And I was wondering how difficult controlling memory in c++ is.
Should I just start learning c++ now since I wouldn't be losing out on that much since I'm new to coding and anyway.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
After thinking about something smart and/or funny to post on the 2000th page, I've come, once again, to the conclusion that I'm a boring and unimaginative person. This yaoi-ish fanfic will probably remain my greatest accomplishment for a good while to come:

(from reddit)
Eaglebloo

M2k will body macd and leffen will tell macd he won't team with him anymore.
Eideeiit

Then MacD will fall into a pit of depression, losing the respect of his one true love. He struggles with his sadness (portrayed gently through extremely long and quiet takes) until finally giving up. He writes a letter of farewell to all his friends thanking them for their support and all the lovely memories. He leaves all of his belongings except for his clothes and his trusty Gamecube controller in his apartment with the letter. The door closes with a decisive yet slow slam and the screen goes black.

We switch to Leffen and it is soon made apparent by the demeanor of those around him that Leffen isn't a top player yet. Leffen is playing friendlies against Hax$'s Fox and is losing quite badly. He gets frustrated and boasts of his excellent Peach match up while complaining about the lack of good Peaches to use his skills on. Someone appears behind him. The figure tells Leffen to prove it. He is MacD. (A close up Leffen's face, as his mouth cuts into the small grin he is known for, followed by a close-up of MacD's face and his faint smile melting away into a state of blankness while all the sounds fade away as MacD looks right at Leffen at his finest for the first time in his life.)

Then we take a look at the development of their relationship from Leffen's point of view. How he ever so slowly realizes that something about him is strange and what is happening to him. How he struggles with his feelings and tries to deny them, how he admires MacD's brazenness and trueness, his honesty with himself, how he isn't afraid of showing his vulnerability. We see their first teaming at a tournament, their clashes of the calculation and the soul. And finally their love blossoming.

Eventually we catch up with the story. Leffen gets angry and yells out at MacD, wishing to never team with him again. The event is preceded by Leffen's frustration building up as he struggles against the other top players. The trigger is the washed up Mew2King JV 4 stocking MacD at the Press Start-tournament.

Sometime later Leffen is back in Sweden. He suddenly has a strange feeling.

Fiction suddenly decides to pay his old friend MacD a visit. He arrives at his door and finds it not properly shut. He takes look inside and is baffled by the sight of MacD's wallet, phone and Melee set up being neatly set in a triangle around a letter written on a piece of red paper with neat letters, clearly Mac's handwriting. His eyes widen in horror as he realizes what's going on.

Leffen is just walking out of an airport terminal. He suddenly gets a call. It's Fiction. Leffen doesn't even need to answer. He drops bag in a dramatically slowed down fashion. He immediately starts to run.

MacD is standing by the handrail at the Golden Gate. He takes a peek at the dark waves below and sighs deeply. It is late and there's no one to be seen. He listens to the wind for a while. The gentle sea breeze isn't so kind as to tell him to stop but it does give him a moment of serenity. He grips the handrail with both his hands. He's ready to jump. But just as he's about to throw his leg over the iron beam he suddenly hears a familiar voice calling for him from behind him. He turns around and sees Leffen, panting, now slowly walking towards him. "How..." MacD's so baffled he can not say anything else. Leffen is now right before him. "I guess were just bound together by fate" he says as he places his soft hands on MacD's cheeks and stares him deep into the eyes. There's not a sound to be heard, not even the wind. Leffen slowly pushes his face towards MacD's. Large tears start pouring from MacD's eyes. The same happens to Leffen's. The kiss and and orchestrally remastered version of the Fountain of Dreams theme sounds out like a thousand bells. The GC controller in MacD's pocket starts flying and quickly spinning around the two, wrapping them in a soft light of warm colors: red, orange, green, yellow and pink. Somewhere in Arizona Mew2King puts a toupee on his head, says: "My work here is done" and walks off into the sunset. The screen goes black.

We see an asian kid about five years old walk out of a nursery school. A man is waiting for him outside. "Dad, a friend showed me videos of a video game called Melee that people play today. It looked kind of cool, he says the game is over 18 years old, but it's still super popular. I wish I could try it someday." The man laughs. "That's funny, I used to play that myself." A car pulls over beside them. Inside it sits MacD. "Get in you two" he yells with smile. As the man opens the car door the kid takes a look at his face. It's Leffen. "Why did you stop playing then?" the child asks. Leffen takes a look at MacD sitting behind the wheel. "I found something better."

Black screen.

Credits roll.

• IDK if this is even yaoi, not at all knowledgeable about it.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero

I had suspicions but I wasn't sure.

Winging D&D for fun is what would happen I assume with loose interpretation of the rules. I can't really imagine the D&D thing would go on long enough for levels 10+.

8 years old is completely drinking age. Shh it's fine, I can pretty much go serve in the army and die.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Obligatory reserved post in page 2K.

You ain't taking glory away from me this time, PMS.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
2000 page that and games that came out this year.
LOZ:MM, Deus Ex, Diablo 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Banjo-Tooie, The Sims, Mechwarrior 4, Perfect Dark, FF9, Skies of Arcadia, SSX, Dragon Warrior 7, Paper Mario, RE:Code Veronica, Mario Tennis, Jet Set Radio, Vagrant Story, Grandia 2, Kirby 64, Tomb Raider Chronicles, Time Splinters 1, Crash Bash, Hitman 1, Batman Beyond; Return of the Joker, Beatmania 3,Command & Conquer:Red Alert 2, Spider Man, Baldur's gate 2, Dino Crisis 2, TTT1

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=game&year=2000,2000

Last edited:
Top Bottom