• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Released, guys. Have fun! Can't touch it for a while. D:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I am new to this Project M thing. Can someone inform me a little bit about it? Will it ruin my original Brawl game? How do I install it? Will it erase my memory from my previous Brawl save data? Or can I install it as another game without even using my Brawl disc?
It will not cause any damage whatsoever to your Brawl disc, save data, Wii, or anything else. Totally safe. To install Project M, you need to download the game from their website onto an SD card that is 2GB or less. (Read the directions on their download page carefully to avoid downloading it incorrectly. You'll be wanting to download the "Hackless" method, and you need to make sure that you don't have any custom stages saved on your Wii console or the SD card that you're using, or the game will not load).

However, because thousands of people will be trying to download the brand new update tonight, the website is overloaded with traffic right now and will most likely be down until tomorrow. If I were you, I would wait to download it until tomorrow because it's gonna be a ****storm tonight.
Here is the twitter page of Project M: https://twitter.com/ProjectMelee. They will announce on their twitter when the new update, 3.0, is released.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand they released it while I was typing this.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
It will not cause any damage whatsoever to your Brawl disc, save data, Wii, or anything else. Totally safe. To install Project M, you need to download the game from their website onto an SD card that is 2GB or less. (Read the directions on their download page carefully to avoid downloading it incorrectly. You'll be wanting to download the "Hackless" method, and you need to make sure that you don't have any custom stages saved on your Wii console or the SD card that you're using, or the game will not load).

However, because thousands of people will be trying to download the brand new update tonight, the website is overloaded with traffic right now and will most likely be down until tomorrow. If I were you, I would wait to download it until tomorrow because it's gonna be a ****storm tonight.
Here is the twitter page of Project M: https://twitter.com/ProjectMelee. They will announce on their twitter when the new update, 3.0, is released.
LOL A MOMENT TOO LATE

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
<Canon> uh, yo, PMBR (Strong_Bad so it notifs him), you don't have anything down for meta knight in your changelist
<Jolteon> canon: the mk change list is accurate

pelvis thrusts all day

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Remain calm ya'll. Haha, I feel like the majority of the posts above this one and the posts to come in the next hour or so will be super-hyped (and maybe slightly over-exaggerated), "OMGWTFBBQ! I LOVE YOU PMBR!" posts. Which is compeltely fine, because this is awesome.

That being said: IT'S OUT! WOOHOO! I can't download it until later tonight, but still, WOOHOO! YEAH!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I feel that we didn't emphasize on this enough in the change log.

Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee. Some moves with shield damage from before compensated appropriately

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was hoping that you'd somehow be able to convert this texture to 3.0 Roy: http://illusorylabyrinth.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/silver-roy.png

Maybe because you'd still have the original texture files or something, and you could use them as a basis for the new model (yes I know that they're not the same at all). Then again, someone else could probably do it too if they knew how... I just happened to see your name here and it reminded me that I wanted this since they first announced Roy a few months ago <3
Downloading PM right now, and I'll get right on it :) Should still have the files sitting around somewhere.
#2hourwaitinghype

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
"medium armor on DDD's aerial up-b has been removed. grounded up-b's armor length has been reduced"

who the **** uses DDD's grounded up-b?!

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Do people with > 2GB SD cards (more specifically those with 16GB) still have to use Riivolution?

Vashimus

Smash Master
- Slightly raised the ceiling blastzone of Warioware
- Raised the ceiling blastzone of the following stages: Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Skyloft, Lylat, Metal Cavern, and Smashville
- Significantly raised the ceiling blastzone of Dracula's Castle

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
- Slightly raised the ceiling blastzone of Warioware
- Raised the ceiling blastzone of the following stages: Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Skyloft, Lylat, Metal Cavern, and Smashville
- Significantly raised the ceiling blastzone of Dracula's Castle

no more of those fox usmash shenanigans

Top Bottom