• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
My gf just told me that Stan lee's already been proven unworthy to lift the hammer in the first Thor movie. He was one of the randoms in a truck when he tried and failed.

Guess it could be "another" Stan Lee, though...

JOE!

Smash Hero
My gf just told me that Stan lee's already been proven unworthy to lift the hammer in the first Thor movie. He was one of the randoms in a truck when he tried and failed.

Guess it could be "another" Stan Lee, though...
He did not lift it, or rather he did not try: the truck was the unworthy one

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It appears that .hack part 4 Quarantine is a crown jewel in my game collection.
Gotta work my way up to that game since I'm only at part 2.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

This is real. You cannot DL the game even if you have the license for it or have DL'ed it before; all traces of the game have been removed from PSN.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My pokemon deck is dumb
I dont even use any of the super dumb cards but my deck is still dumb
;-;

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
HOLY CRAP an old supreme commander friend just offered to sponsor my trip to LTC3

****IN RIGHT SLDFKJA:SFLKJWE:LFKWJEFLKASJFLKQJFWQELFKWERMF>Z<DXFQWF
Hypeeeeee. You'll always be number one Bowser in my heart.
Yours isn't the worst, and I most often than not care about what you post so yes.
warsaint y.png

I am a male lesbian. fite me
No jailbait.
I love it.
Except I can do so much better than Ash. C'mon, I have standards and ****.
Sup bb?
ash probably would have continued to have a personality if anime in general hadn't largely shifted to universally employing writers that are incapable of writing anything even resembling a compelling character
It's all a matter of what you're watching, man. Most shows suck, but some are amazing. It's always been this way, you just never knew about the majority of the **** shows from the past because they never made it to the states. Nowadays everything makes it over.

jtm94

Smash Lord
You guys like Durarara right?

Season 2 of that **** was so ****ing boring I dropped it in one episode. The original series was really slow too, but at least then they had to set up characters. EVERYTHING IS ESTABLISHED. JUST GET ON WITH IT.
Season 2 really wasn't that much more boring than season 1, but I agree they really didn't develop the plot in any severely meaningful way and they introduced characters that played a role for like 5 episodes then completely disappear even though they should still be around?!? It did get bland at some points, but it felt like it was exactly as it should have been because nothing ever made sense anyway.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This comic accurately describes @ mimgrim mimgrim

Read it left to right.

View attachment 50431

I think ash is literally one of the most underrated protagonists that exist in anime.

He comes up with decent to brilliant strategies.
He's beaten 45 gyms at this point
He's always made it past bracket in the league competitions and made it into at least top 16 (Stop and consider for a moment that there are literally thousands of trainers that can't get past all the gyms or make it past the qualifying rounds.)
Defeated the entire battle frontier.
Brings out pretty much the max potential of his pokemon regardless of evolution.
Able to compete with top contest contenders with no experience in that type of battling at all.

He's pretty damn good.
And he's in an indefinite stat of limbo where he remains 10.

Kid's ****ing immortal.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Season 2 really wasn't that much more boring than season 1, but I agree they really didn't develop the plot in any severely meaningful way and they introduced characters that played a role for like 5 episodes then completely disappear even though they should still be around?!? It did get bland at some points, but it felt like it was exactly as it should have been because nothing ever made sense anyway.
When I watched season one it was my first anime. It really was pretty mediocre in hindsight. I remember some people mentioning they liked it and I was trying to understand why.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
@ Saito Saito dude wtf man why did you go back to like August to "Like" my posts

you freak
I went back through the thread to have a good time and honestly, I'm feeling so attacked right now. /s

If yo post is funny it's gonna get liked by me eventually.
You brought this upon yourself.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
im just waiting for that sweet ass baccano-durarara crossover

its totally gonna happen i swear

jtm94

Smash Lord
When I watched season one it was my first anime. It really was pretty mediocre in hindsight. I remember some people mentioning they liked it and I was trying to understand why.
It's weird and different. You actually never know what to expect and it doesn't follow your basic plot + inserted characters. It's not incredibly special, but it has it's moments.

@ steelguttey steelguttey
Never seen it, but I have to watch it now.
They both seem to have different types of story telling, I wouldn't be surprised if Durarara was also in the DBZ universe.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

This is real. You cannot DL the game even if you have the license for it or have DL'ed it before; all traces of the game have been removed from PSN.
one of our local smashers was trying to do that and his listing was getting reported and delisted.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Goddamnit Toaster I came in here just to post that. That guy's a local player.

Playing against BlueZone is like playing against a combo video. It doesn't even matter what character he's using - you're gonna get 0-deathed and then unnecessarily edgeguarded. The man breathes style and ****s destruction.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
It's weird and different. You actually never know what to expect and it doesn't follow your basic plot + inserted characters. It's not incredibly special, but it has it's moments.

@ steelguttey steelguttey
Never seen it, but I have to watch it now.
They both seem to have different types of story telling, I wouldn't be surprised if Durarara was also in the DBZ universe.
durarara and baccano are in the same universe tho. its completely canon lmao

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I went back through the thread to have a good time and honestly, I'm feeling so attacked right now. /s

If yo post is funny it's gonna get liked by me eventually.
You brought this upon yourself.
You got some major digging to do

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
oh god last night i landed the nastiest falcon combo ever, i only wish that other people aside from me and the other guy saw it
i dont even remember the whole thing, but it was like from 0%, uthrow->uair->FH Nair->regrab + uthrow->uair->footstool->stomp->reverse bair->uair->FH Nair->knee

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

So I've been half-jokingly harassing @cmart to put in a somewhat silly graphical effect for weeks now. Figured I'd just do it myself.

How do I make it look like an attack is on fire?

It seems like I just add a 'graphical effect' line to the subaction corresponding to the attack in question and attach it to the proper bone, but how to actually change the flag that sets people aflame upon contact?

edit: Hmmm, the GFX event list of the subaction links to a subroutine that won't let me add more lines. Any workarounds? :s

edit edit: just put it in another subroutine. hoo boy

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can't look at it right now but there should be a flags section under the Offensive Collision in the respective subaction that controls the hit sound and generated hit GFX.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
So I've been half-jokingly harassing @cmart to put in a somewhat silly graphical effect for weeks now. Figured I'd just do it myself.

How do I make it look like an attack is on fire?

It seems like I just add a 'graphical effect' line to the subaction corresponding to the attack in question and attach it to the proper bone, but how to actually change the flag that sets people aflame upon contact?

edit: Hmmm, the GFX event list of the subaction links to a subroutine that won't let me add more lines. Any workarounds? :s

edit edit: just put it in another subroutine. hoo boy
Graphic effects are just that, graphic effects. You could make a move have ice effects and cause the opponent to be burnt.

To change that effect you need to change the flag parameter in the hitbox-type events (offensive collision and its "special" version), which is used to tell the game what sound and what effect to play when an opponent is hit with that hitbox. I think there was a list of different values for different effects in kc-mm. You could also copy the flag of a move with the effects you want.

Frost | Odds

Yeah, was able to change the flag to cause fire on the opponent on hit very easily. The graphic effect doesn't seem to be displaying at all, though. I used effect 23, and set the bone, X,Y, and Z offsets to match the corresponding hitbox. Not sure what's up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom