• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
going back to your prior post, your situation is pretty common actually. i had the same problem several times (and from living in several different areas, its happened multiple times). having people **** talk me and my character is probably part of why i like wearing the bad guy persona. now when people complain about my character i needle camp them and shino stall and attempt to time them out because i can.
Funny, for some reason it is both exactly what I would expect from you and exactly the same that I would do.

in my view patriotism is an inherently good quality (nationalistic xenophobia not so much but that's a different matter) mainly because if you take pride in your country it shows a certain amount of care about it, and that certain level of care is necessary in order to make it as good as possible. Like sheer apathy about states is unhealthy, because it leads to people not caring about politics.
I think caring about your country isn't the same thing as being proud of it. I'd be proud of my country if I did something relevant to make it better, as one would be proud of his/her work, but that is not the case (can you expect it at my age?), and I don't really know why to be proud of the country otherwise.
For immigrants, I can also see why they would be proud because getting to that country already was an achievement and a result of hard work. Most people are just born in their country and where they are born is independent of their influence, so no need to be proud.
With pride you also lose some kind of objectivity, in my opinion.

Yes...bowser is by far and away the easiest character to hand-off. Go try it on like..metaknight and then after try falcon.
Poor Bowser

Btw, I've got my last exam on Tuesday and then I achieve the socalled abitur (an equivalent of finishing high school), most likely with best grade. After that I will have >4 months of free time. Can't complain.

Bleck

Smash Master
I can't bring myself to read reddit 'cause the layout is just one huge comments section and it makes my eyes want to vomit

smash 4 frame data

http://kuroganehammer.com/

it's still very much under construction :muffin:
Thanks, this'll be useful! I like knowing frame data when learning characters, but I don't have the patience or the knowhow to figure it out myself.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh cmon, reddit isn't bad at all. There are some nice communities and people there. Of course there are some... questionable ones, but what site doesn't have them?
Reddit is ****. It can be useful to find things, but actually using it for its intended purpose is hair-pull-out frustrating. The upvote/downvote system only works if people are smart, but obviously the average person isn't.
It's basically a worse, socially acceptable 4chan.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
RES with the dark theme is the only real way to browse reddit.

The whole looking through people's post history for something to use in an argument thing is weird though.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
It's the week before finals, and my students are freaking out.

Also, I'm kinda freaking out, because I've started calling them "my students", despite the fact I'm at most 3 years older than them, and around half are just as old if not older than me. I don't want to be a teacher, but I think I'll feel legitimately sad once this semester is over and I won't be tutoring them anymore.

It's also super weird being hit on by people you tutor. Seriously kids, at least wait until the person you're flirting with isn't your TA anymore. Avoids the whole creepy ethics issue.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I can't bring myself to read reddit 'cause the layout is just one huge comments section and it makes my eyes want to vomit

Thanks, this'll be useful! I like knowing frame data when learning characters, but I don't have the patience or the knowhow to figure it out myself.
Thanks man c:

Is there any character you'd like to see done sooner than later? There's no rhyme or reason to which characters get done first so if someone asks I usually bump that character up the priority list :p

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
im ****ing sick of reddit

i have no idea why theyre so ****ing accepting of pedophiles. obviously not r/ssbpm but the website as a whole has had people talking about them being pedo's and thats ok and getting gilded 5 times with 5k karma or some ****

theyre so ****ing racist and transphobic its honestly horrifying and i would kill for a better source of media that wasnt so awfully moderated

the reddit jirclecerk is real
No one's really bothered by silly loli/moe memes, but if you ever see someone expressing pedophilic interests on /r/SSBPM please report.
reddit in general sucks including ssbpm

if I want recycled content, there's tumblr
if I want discussion, there's smashboards

that being said reddit does get gfycats faster than anyone else which is its main drawing point

edit: sometimes I wish that I lived in canada so I could keep my french from not being rusty af but then I remember that quebecois is weird af

but I like to claim that I can passably speak french
Anything I can do to improve it?
DA: As long as they don't do anything morally wrong, how is it bad when fetishizing almost anything else is ok.
I feel similarly, but it's illegal. And totally off topic in my sub.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I caught myself shipping two girls from my school together in the middle of class, I think I need professional help.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds just do what I do when people complain about my character

Monday I got to play 3 salty people who carpooled together in a row. After the first one got super super mad about diddy and complained to my face/behind us during the other sets, I switched to fox and double 3 stocked the other one

Just pick up a fox and then they can't complain. You 200% have the tech skill for him, and youre really smart, blow up some frauds with fox. He also just happens to poop on ICs (and anyone else who is a bad mu for bowser other than maybe rob? Idk lol)
I appreciate the compliment a lot dude, but 3 frame jumpsquats hurt my hands: one of the reasons I've had to stop with Toon Link.

Mewtwo and Ivysaur are the frontrunners right now; I think Mewtwo is somewhat stronger at top level but Ivy feels so much more natural for me to play and still seems to cover roughly the same matchups - plus she messes both D3 and the ICs way the hell up. I was totally sold on M2 yesterday, but Ivy feels more right.

Also she doesn't require nearly as much tech practice, which is good. I need to grind the hell out of my Bowser until he's near flawless. Right now he's still sloppy af.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Thanks man c:

Is there any character you'd like to see done sooner than later? There's no rhyme or reason to which characters get done first so if someone asks I usually bump that character up the priority list :p
Fox and/or Falco would be splendid~

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Fox is so sick in Smash 4. His hoo-hah is sick too. And cross up nair and I can cover options with D-smash.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I appreciate the compliment a lot dude, but 3 frame jumpsquats hurt my hands: one of the reasons I've had to stop with Toon Link.

Mewtwo and Ivysaur are the frontrunners right now; I think Mewtwo is somewhat stronger at top level but Ivy feels so much more natural for me to play and still seems to cover roughly the same matchups - plus she messes both D3 and the ICs way the hell up. I was totally sold on M2 yesterday, but Ivy feels more right.

Also she doesn't require nearly as much tech practice, which is good. I need to grind the hell out of my Bowser until he's near flawless. Right now he's still sloppy af.
Maybe then Falco if you meet those "If it isn't Melee it's gimmicky"-people. Has 5 frames of jumpsquat.

Vashimus

Smash Master
also cmon umbreon don't try to be edgy with the "i don't understand patriotism" deal
in my view patriotism is an inherently good quality (nationalistic xenophobia not so much but that's a different matter) mainly because if you take pride in your country it shows a certain amount of care about it, and that certain level of care is necessary in order to make it as good as possible. Like sheer apathy about states is unhealthy, because it leads to people not caring about politics.

nationalism roughly equates to political enfranchisement which is kinda self-sustaining

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
although r/subredditdrama is amusing when I feel like looking at what inane thing the internet got worked up about recently

Or rather, it used to be. Now it's mostly just depressing reminders as to how people can be ignorant/hateful.
Protip: if you find yourself getting really cynical about life, just get off the internet and go talk to real people and..I dunno, volunteer at a soup kitchen. Works wonders for restoring optimism.
What's an optimism

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Reddit is ****. It can be useful to find things, but actually using it for its intended purpose is hair-pull-out frustrating. The upvote/downvote system only works if people are smart, but obviously the average person isn't.
It's basically a worse, socially acceptable 4chan.
I haven't been in many subreddits so my experience may differ from yours, but I can say that I never had any problems, or at least any remarkable ones. I mainly go to PM's and sometimes to Kirby's, Metroid's and Smash' subs, and I never see anything that would make me go like "I'm never touching this site again".

Threads go from someone posting his own artwork or another guy's artwork to theories and gameplay vids/gifs. Then when it comes to the comments sometimes there are one or two that aren't..."ok", and the bigger the community the higher number of those comments, but most of the time they end up getting downvoted to death. The comments that get the most points are most of the time the funniest ones.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Fox and falco aren't on my "REPENT SINNER DIE DIE" list so I'm happy to do them.

Falcon/Ness/Yoshi tho can go die.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But they supposedly want to build up this new Playstation crossplay Skullgirls where every version plays the same so you can play against PS3/PS4/Vita online.

But PC only gets special content and PS3 gets nothing. You are pretty much stuck with a half-assed story and character tutorials unless you are willing to buy the new thing for a different console.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

I can only play three frame jump squatters. I always end up missing my frame perfect aerials and flubbing wavedashes with other characters.

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
So I made a £100 bet (1:2 odds) with someone that I'd place 1st at this Melee event next month and I've spent the last few hours on 20XX practicing PAL Sheik tech chases on Fox to ensure my victory. I want to cry.

I was talking to @Leafeon about it, and I told him that if he hates anyone that he should force them to do this. He said that he'd do it to punish children, and they would discuss it with their school friends, instead of talking about how they were grounded.

tl;dr punish your kids by making them grind out PAL Sheik tech chasing on space animals, they will never misbehave again.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Ivy feels so much more natural for me to play and still seems to cover roughly the same matchups - plus she messes both D3 and the ICs way the hell up. I was totally sold on M2 yesterday, but Ivy feels more right.
I can't believe I'm reading this from the guy who used to constantly complain about Ivysaur in the tier list thread.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
No one's really bothered by silly loli/moe memes, but if you ever see someone expressing pedophilic interests on /r/SSBPM please report.

Anything I can do to improve it?

I feel similarly, but it's illegal. And totally off topic in my sub.
not really just reddit being reddit ie bad comments and misinformation gets upvoted, falcon circlejerk, pmdt circlejerk, psychoghost being annoying, etc

Draco_The

Smash Lord
But they supposedly want to build up this new Playstation crossplay Skullgirls where every version plays the same so you can play against PS3/PS4/Vita online.

But PC only gets special content and PS3 gets nothing. You are pretty much stuck with a half-***** story and character tutorials unless you are willing to buy the new thing for a different console.
They said they would keep the tutorials the same across all the platforms. Only PS4/Vita (and PC if they go for it) will get the challengues and the trials though.

"Fandom" is honestly my "moist".

Like everyone please just never say that.
fandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandom
fandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandom

Last edited:

DethM

Smash Apprentice
fandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandom
fandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandomfandom
My eyes.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I usually don't even look at them and I usually can't tell the difference between Mudkip's evolutions honestly. The other one has a Mohawk I guess.
Well it's a better reaction to my icon than this guy.
Every time I see Bazkip's profile pic and signature I think of the Mudkip rule 34 I've seen on the internet.
-
Did I pick a good time for my first Social Thread post?
Still don't know what to make of that.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
HOLY ****TTTT
I JUST REKT THIS MEW 2 ON FG WITH GANOON SO HARD
HE WAS BEATING ME WITH ROLL TO THE EDGE SHADOWBALL AND IM ****INGGANNON SO IT WORKED
I ACIDENTALLY KILLED MYSELF 1ST STOCK
BUT THEN I JUST SPAMED THE DANK TURNAROUND OR NOT TURNAROUND JUMP FALCONPUNCH COMBO AND UPTILTS
BROKE HIS SHIELD AND WIZERD PUNCHED HIM
THEN HE DISCONECTED

HOW DO I GET REPLAYS OFF OF THE SD CARD WITH SMASH 4 3DS OMG OMG OMG

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
if were still on reddit train it figures out @Warchamp7 is literally the only active mod on /r/elsword
why is he on /r/elsword
why is he a mod
WARCHAMP I WANT ANSWERS RIGHT NOW

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
He is also mod of /r/lapfoxtrax