• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Patriotism is fine...IF you don't let your country get away with BS because you're not gonna let it sink that low without a fight.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I unsubbed from almost all of the default subreddits ages ago. The one redeeming feature of Reddit is that it's customizable; I almost exclusively browse small music and gaming subs and the occasional technical sub.
This is really the only way to use Reddit.

My first thought when I read that first post by Steelguttey was just "what the **** parts of Reddit do you go to?"

Make an account, unsub from defaults, find select communities that produce content that interests you. Of course there are communities that are deranged or toxic - anyone can make a community there. There's white supremacy subs, misogynist subs, there's a ****ing subreddit about pictures of dead people for ****'s sake.

But there's also subreddits dedicated to helping others deal with depression and anxiety. There's a suicide watch subreddit with people who help out people who are considering suicide.

And there's neat little communities that serve niches like /r/chiptunes, or /r/artisanvideos, or /r/mashups, or /r/buildapc. Plenty of communities that are more than willing to help people out and help people learn.

Reddit is kind of like life. There are ****ty parts of it, and disgusting communities within it. But you don't need to take part in those communities or walk around those parts, just like in real life. What is neat about Reddit and similar sites/communities is that it's really easy to find like-minded people, and surround yourself with those having similar interests and positive lifestyles that can inspire you to do the same and improve yourself. Or you can just find people who find or produce content that you enjoy, and use it as a media platform for entertainment.

/twocents

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
/r/anime is cool for episode discussion though.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
reddit in general sucks including ssbpm

if I want recycled content, there's tumblr
if I want discussion, there's smashboards

that being said reddit does get gfycats faster than anyone else which is its main drawing point

edit: sometimes I wish that I lived in canada so I could keep my french from not being rusty af but then I remember that quebecois is weird af

but I like to claim that I can passably speak french

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Improving in pm is so hard for me. The rest of my crew hates pm so at pfests we pretty much only play melee. My only pm practice is by myself practicing movement and trying to shadowbox/learn zones, combing cpus, and playing at events. **** sucks lol. After this week though I'll be able to go to all pm smash fests all summer which will be great. Only seeing small improvements and seeing all the areas I know I can put work into once I can play with people more is frustrating but relieving.
Tell them to stop being scrubs and adapt

Or just move to Texas

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
my way of getting better is brute force adaptation which involves playing other people and making them stay as the same char until I beat them

which I always feel bad about because it's not really fun for either party per se but it's what I gotta do

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
/r/fireemblem and /r/stardustcrusaders are the bae subreddits in general.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
im ****ing sick of reddit

i have no idea why theyre so ****ing accepting of pedophiles. obviously not r/ssbpm but the website as a whole has had people talking about them being pedo's and thats ok and getting gilded 5 times with 5k karma or some ****

theyre so ****ing racist and transphobic its honestly horrifying and i would kill for a better source of media that wasnt so awfully moderated

the reddit jirclecerk is real
DA: As long as they don't do anything morally wrong, how is it bad when fetishizing almost anything else is ok.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I will never understand people hating on players playing top tier characters (in any game). It is part of the competition to optimize everything about your choices, and that also includes the character choice.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There are plenty of good real news stories to see on reddit which reach people who otherwise wouldn't know about it. Saying that's awful is like some fool saying saying Why would you get your news from a comedy show huehue.

Who gives a **** what the format is if you are learning something about the world you live in?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I go to reddit when I want to be entertained or when I want new information relevant to topic of the sub I'm visiting.
I don't really see anything wrong with other people doing the same, regardless of whatever the topic of the sub they're visiting is.

btw thx for da pink kind soul

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds just do what I do when people complain about my character

Monday I got to play 3 salty people who carpooled together in a row. After the first one got super super mad about diddy and complained to my face/behind us during the other sets, I switched to fox and double 3 stocked the other one

Just pick up a fox and then they can't complain. You 200% have the tech skill for him, and youre really smart, blow up some frauds with fox. He also just happens to poop on ICs (and anyone else who is a bad mu for bowser other than maybe rob? Idk lol)

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There are plenty of good real news stories to see on reddit which reach people who otherwise wouldn't know about it. Saying that's awful is like some fool saying saying Why would you get your news from a comedy show huehue.

Who gives a **** what the format is if you are learning something about the world you live in?
All cable news is a joke soooo.
Am I crazy for not wanting balance to be polarized like that? :/
In Melee ICs infinited everyone. I guess you just have to get gooder.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
i didnt know about /r/coontown or /r/treyvonmartin - and they sound pretty awful.

but tumlrinaction i did know about.. and plz no hate.. but I don't think that's anywhere near the same level. It can.. imo.. be kinda funny sometimes. It does often miss the mark though.
taking someone's personal posts and making fun of it no matter the subject is ****ing awful.

they bully people questioning gender way too often. the subreddit is awful

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
All cable news is a joke soooo.
Cable news networks are analogous to reddit threads. You can deem the commentary trash and a waste of time but go directly to the source of the story since they usually tell it to you right at the beginning.

If you choose to watch people talk about the story instead of reading about it yourself that is your own laziness at work.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Its honestly no different than /r/subredditdrama or other subreddits that frequently link to posts of threads but its hard to find people talking about both ways

There's plenty of subreddits I don't agree with but I'm not going to bother giving them the time of day, such is the world of Reddit and sites like it, as long as you don't go against the rules of the site/subreddit you can say anything you want. I'd rather have that then to ban anyone who says something that has a chance of offending someone

If you choose to watch people talk about the story instead of reading about it yourself that is your own laziness at work.
Couldn't have said it better

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
although r/subredditdrama is amusing when I feel like looking at what inane thing the internet got worked up about recently

Or rather, it used to be. Now it's mostly just depressing reminders as to how people can be ignorant/hateful.
Protip: if you find yourself getting really cynical about life, just get off the internet and go talk to real people and..I dunno, volunteer at a soup kitchen. Works wonders for restoring optimism.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Cable news networks are analogous to reddit threads. You can deem the commentary trash and a waste of time but go directly to the source of the story since they usually tell it to you right at the beginning.

Agreed. I was trying to play off of comedy news show thing. News Media in general is a joke. So, you know, comedic. hah.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
taking someone's personal posts and making fun of it no matter the subject is ****ing awful.

they bully people questioning gender way too often. the subreddit is awful
I get where you are coming from and I don't really have an answer for you. I guess people value the comedy value of other peoples posts over their feelings.

But unless you mean they are personally messaging them I wouldn't consider it bullying per-se.

and well they are personal posts... but they are also posted into public forums where you can expect differing opinions.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nah I just took the ***** way out and apologized again. These people are pathologically incapable of admitting a single mistake ever, so I'd rather they think we're still on decent terms so they continue showing up to stuff and donating their $10 entries.
Oh yeah I forgot about this aspect. You can't complain that much if you appreciate their money, which I would

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Yeah I hate tumblrinaction and subredditdrama, those guys suck! goes back to /pol/

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Oh cmon, reddit isn't bad at all. There are some nice communities and people there. Of course there are some... questionable ones, but what site doesn't have them?

Some time ago I was looking for models and VA of Rundas from MP3 to make a mod for Brawl/Project M, but I couldn't find any VA and the only models I found were for gmod and the site was down. In a matter of hours after making a thread in Metroid's subreddit I got people ripping things from the disc for me.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
People suck, your mileage will vary on how much they do so and how well they refrain from doing so for the sake of others. ...Some are good enough at that to not be casuls.
tl;dr: ayyy, we're flawed, but staying that way is a choice.
:^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom