• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
Reaaaaaaaaaaaally late, but just want to publicly thank @Odds_ for letting me team with him/annoy him at Northwest Majors when my original partner didn't show up. And for DESTROYING all of WA PM in bracket, friendlies, and MMs. You still haven't convinced me that G&W is 75-25 vs. Bowser though :p

Hope you come down again in the future!

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Reaaaaaaaaaaaally late, but just want to publicly thank @Odds_ for letting me team with him/annoy him at Northwest Majors when my original partner didn't show up. And for DESTROYING all of WA PM in bracket, friendlies, and MMs. You still haven't convinced me that G&W is 75-25 vs. Bowser though :p

Hope you come down again in the future!

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
What happened in Baltimore?
Police did another horrible violent crime in an area of violence while expecting peaceful protest. I think it was all planned to make it out to show america that us black people are "thugs" since Ferguson didn't really do that and Baltimore is just a really ****ed up city that America just kind of gave up on. A lot of the media has been wrong as well(I live about 10 minutes outside of Baltimore).

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Police did another horrible violent crime in an area of violence while expecting peaceful protest. I think it was all planned to make it out to show america that us black people are "thugs" since Ferguson didn't really do that and Baltimore is just a really ****ed up city that America just kind of gave up on. A lot of the media has been wrong as well(I live about 10 minutes outside of Baltimore).
Is **** on fire for real

Helsong

Smash Ace
And you have my less-than-sincere thanks.

Nah I love you
My students that I TA for have a love-hate relationship with me, so this reaction is pretty much standard.
They've started bribing me with food and alcohol in order to make me be nicer. It tends to work. Also helps that I'm legit a nice person outside the office if I run into them.
I'm still going to end up failing 3 people for just not doing work, though. One of them came in, and broke down crying.
I mean....gosh, I feel bad for her, but she just didn't turn her homework in. The hell am I supposed to do with that?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
My students that I TA for have a love-hate relationship with me, so this reaction is pretty much standard.
They've started bribing me with food and alcohol in order to make me be nicer. It tends to work. Also helps that I'm legit a nice person outside the office if I run into them.
I'm still going to end up failing 3 people for just not doing work, though. One of them came in, and broke down crying.
I mean....gosh, I feel bad for her, but she just didn't turn her homework in. The hell am I supposed to do with that?
Sounds ethical.

But yeah, you kind of just have to go with the zero, or whatever the late policy is if she decides to get it in late. I mean, I didn't turn in my last homework for one of my EECS classes. So... I'll get a zero on that, so sucks for me, but I didn't do it so why would I get anything but a zero? Literally no reason.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Assign her some arbitrary hard task and when she does it ask her why she was able to do that but not her homework

MLGF

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wish I was a business major or something.
I'm sick of having to try in school.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Sounds ethical.

But yeah, you kind of just have to go with the zero, or whatever the late policy is if she decides to get it in late. I mean, I didn't turn in my last homework for one of my EECS classes. So... I'll get a zero on that, so sucks for me, but I didn't do it so why would I get anything but a zero? Literally no reason.
Well, I'm not getting bribed to give them answers. I'm getting bribed so that I act nicer to them and make extra efforts to help them when I'm not even supposed to be working and stuff. I'm overachieving!
And yeah, she's getting a zero for sure. I dunno, I feel like kids just aren't punished enough for their mistakes these days, or maybe they're just not used to it by the time they graduate high school. Like, my roommate's younger sibling's high school apparently adopted a "No zeros" policy. The hell?
See, I'd just give them a -10 or something if that ever becomes widespread.

Assign her some arbitrary hard task and when she does it ask her why she was able to do that but not her homework
And that would make my students really hate me and forever mark me as that utter ***** of a TA. Not quite my intention.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Well, I'm not getting bribed to give them answers. I'm getting bribed so that I act nicer to them and make extra efforts to help them when I'm not even supposed to be working and stuff. I'm overachieving!
And yeah, she's getting a zero for sure. I dunno, I feel like kids just aren't punished enough for their mistakes these days, or maybe they're just not used to it by the time they graduate high school. Like, my roommate's younger sibling's high school apparently adopted a "No zeros" policy. The hell?
See, I'd just give them a -10 or something if that ever becomes widespread.

And that would make my students really hate me and forever mark me as that utter ***** of a TA. Not quite my intention.
Well that's sensible then. And less ethically dubious!

But yay for grade inflation woooo
it's everywhere but my uni's engineering school.

RIP GPA

Helsong

Smash Ace
But yay for grade inflation woooo
it's everywhere but my uni's engineering school.

RIP GPA
Oh god, I know. I feel like every department except the ones related to Math and Engineering are undergoing grade inflation. If you're in one of those fields? Have fun with your difficult classes(not that other fields don't have those-I feel sorry for some humanities majors. Art majors, too) and tough grading(which can apply to any field).
Now I get to be on both sides of that equation. Handing out bad grades and getting them, too. I try to be merciful, though, I can understand the pain. I went through it too.
But a small part of me wishes to keep inflicting it, as a sort of revenge for everything I went through.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
IDK and i'm going to school for Buisness Administration ATM. Wanna go into Computer Science or anything after that afterwards.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Thanks! never heard of him, but he looks pretty solid!
Best sonics atm are probably lunchables and aion, but good luck finding tourney footage of aion or lunchables' sonic lol. I met Zeno weekend, he's pretty good. N810 will probably be at our weekly tonight. Gooley is another pretty good sonic main. There's not alot of top level sonic representation, just a number of good mid level players with a couple good ones.

D

Deleted member

I remember when I wanted to be the primer Falcon in DFW

But there's like seven of me, and I have developing arthritis

Oh well
I wanted to be the premier PM Sheik player in the world.

I'm developing the character's metagame basically by myself.

I didn't own the game or have access to it until 2 months ago. I learned smash playing against the CPU on other peoples' games.

I'm 28 and getting older every day playing a game where learned reflexes are a pivotal requirement.

There's nothing special about me that you can't do.

Don't give up, you got this.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
My grades tend to be higher in classes that I can't turn in late work because I like to do things as late as possible.

I remember my English class in sophomore year of high school, I turned in all the homework of first semester a week before Christmas break. I decided to do that after I read over the syllabus and figured out that all late homework could only be turned in for 50%, but had no set date when it could be turned in.

I'm going to hell for this. :drsad:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
+1 for following deray

to summarize: cops arrest and brutally beat a black guy for some trivial offense, sever his spine, put him in a van without a seatbelt and with a severed spine rather than giving him medical attention, he ends up dying. people rightfully protest police brutality, cops respond with massive amounts of unecessary and armed riot control. faced with cops, protestors do things like throw stones. Things generally devolve from there, aided by further strong police responses.

side note: looting occurs because what else are you going to do when you're in the trap and the only way to survive is to seize what opportunities are available. police and others use rioting and looting as excuses for stronger control measures.

personal opinion:
police in america are a terribly flawed institution, racism is as a part of the american culture as anything else, black lives are often disregarded by the media and government, and basically everything sucks and the baltimore police are being generally terrible.
looting and rioting happen because they are the voices of the unheard. when people are treated like animals by the system they will respond in the only way that the system has taught them how, with violence and anger, and the system uses that response as further proof of their inhumanity. it's what's been going on since the slave trade and it still hasn't stopped.

also the Baltimore PD is doing a fantastic job of scare tactics, locking camden yards during an orioles game the other night and cancelling the game tonight for "safety concerns," effectively trying to make the people normally comfortably unaffected by protests (ie rich people) be afraid and blame the protestors

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Hey my uni did a news thingie about my club's Melee tournament on Saturday! We had 48 entrants, and I even managed to get out of pools despite not being much of a Melee player and having a fairly tough pool overall. I don't talk much in this one but you get to hear me yell at people for one bit so that's nice

Also, the top 2 players in this tournament did the whole thing drunk.

Yes, one of them is the guy in the full Luigi costume.

EDIT:
Also post #77777 hype

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Baltimore's issues aren't new, but things are really only going to get worse.
I mean, when cops have access to military equipment, how do you expect people to react?
Last Week Tonight had a brief overview of that issue.

In less depressing news, Valve is canceling the whole thing of having paid mods on the workshop. Good riddance. While people being reimbursed for their work is A+ in my book, the way they went about it was just not very well thought out.

steelguttey

mei is bei
this song is good but it made me realize that jaden smith doesnt wear pants he wears his emotions

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Also grade inflation sucks.

First of all, it's bad for the students themselves. The lowered cost of getting higher grades disincentivizes achievement, and students end up learning less. Second, it makes things harder for businesses and society as a whole to be able to sort competency. If grades weren't based on a finite scale, then grade inflation wouldn't be a huge issue, but since they are, the sensitivity of the grading scale fails. Two students with 3.8 GPAs may be drastically different in actual quality but the system doesn't signal that, and they're going to receive the same job offers from businesses because businesses can't tell. This leads to more employer/employee mismatches, a costly process for both employers and employees. Employers have to spend more money to properly test the capabilities of their employees, meaning lower starting wages for job searchers.
Furthermore, for schools like mine with lower-than-average grade inflation (for high-level liberal arts colleges at least, my school is nowhere near the level of inflation of Ivy League schools despite ranking similarly or better on most CollegeBoard lists) this can lead to even poorer signalling of competency, as all employers will receive is a superficially lower GPA, which is only combated by the reputation of the school (a tenuous resource at best, but arguably more meaningful than a high GPA from an Ivy League school).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If you have brothers who are extreme, don't oversleep.

you might get dropkicked.

Now i've got to go dropkick someone, wish me luck.
Dropkicks are dumb yo.

You want to **** your fist and Superman Punch/Spear instead. Now that's an extremely strong set of moves.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
If you want to punch someone, aim for their eyes, kidneys, liver, or solar plexus, for instance, and be liberal with how hard you sock 'em. ...Ayyy, you just won the fight.
(don't take me seriously pls)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If you want to punch someone, aim for their eyes, kidneys, liver, or solar plexus, for instance, and be liberal with how hard you sock 'em. ...Ayyy, you just won the fight.
(don't take me seriously pls)
Or you could punch them in the ****

No one expects to get punched in the ****

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
My grades tend to be higher in classes that I can't turn in late work because I like to do things as late as possible.

I remember my English class in sophomore year of high school, I turned in all the homework of first semester a week before Christmas break. I decided to do that after I read over the syllabus and figured out that all late homework could only be turned in for 50%, but had no set date when it could be turned in.

I'm going to hell for this. :drsad:
My trick is to not turn in the homework at all.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hey. Off Topic, but when are we EVER on topic here?
This explains a lot..... if it's true, but we won't know the real truth until much later....

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Scott Cawthon just announced a FNAF4...way to keep us wide-eyed with surprised awe Scott. :yeahboi:
I'll definitely be using this some time..gif

@ steelguttey steelguttey , I guess he could build a game off the fact that Springtrap might be alive and well (for a rotting corpse in a discount outlet Bugs Bunny costume), and actually salvaged from old parts to form a new body. Still, it's pushing what I've let this guy get away with. If he can keep it tense and mix up the system for not being mauled and maimed by the more uncanny aspects childhood that's fine, but your still pushing. I don't think he should stop making games, but I really want to see what else he's capable of whether it be indie horror, rpg, whatever.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
god damnit

fnaf had a good ending

story wrapped up well

i feel like this is the once that ****s it up

EDIT: ok maybe im wrong

the release date is october 31st, so hes putting alot of effort into it

cool

Last edited:
Top Bottom