• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I honestly don't understand all the hype behind Splatoon. It doesn't look really all that fun and from what I heard the game doesn't have a lot of content.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
It has a lot of squid girls and paint. white team in splatoon when? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
huzzah job interview on friday

in other news killing floor 2 is pretty good, despite being in early access at the moment

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I honestly don't understand all the hype behind Splatoon. It doesn't look really all that fun and from what I heard the game doesn't have a lot of content.
I don't really have much of a retort to this.

It just looks like an interesting and colorful take on a shooter with field control elements.

Nothing more than that.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
tfw liking and notifications are way faster on SquidBoards

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Splatoon has a great premise (paintball meets swimming squids), beautiful graphics with a single-player narrative, and I actually can't think of many shooters that are primarily about field control.

The whimsical nature of everything is just as important as the gameplay being fun, which it definitely does look fun.

Considering how bland the next generation of consoles has been Splatoon stands out.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yes, but most of the time you are trying to get the highest score/most kills which map control helps you achieve while King of the Hill is the secondary mode nobody touches.

Splatoon is all about covering more area in paint as the primary mode it is known for even if other modes exist and you travel around through the paint as well.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damn it

I can't decide what I'm buying with savings

New Desktop to do dolphin+stream from

PS4 for BloodBorne and SF5

or wiiU for splatoon and Melee HD

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Damn it

PS4 for BloodBorne and SF4

Desktop gets you melee hd and online anf sf4

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
New desktop, easily. Save up some more and get a PC with enough power to rival Totalbiscuit's Terminals.

You can then get the Steamworks version of Ultra SFIV and will be able to do Dolphin things at crazy resolutions while multitasking and maintaining 60 frames.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I completely agree. Dedicating a forum to it seems kinda questionable too... At least I managed to get the snag the best username over there. 8)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Damn it

PS4 for BloodBorne and SF4

PS4 for XRD and MKX.

Also made a account on Squidboards lol.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I want to play Bloodborne, but at the same time, a PS4 simply isn't worth it to me. The WiiU has more worthwhile exclusives slated for it, whereas 80-90% of the games that'll come out for PS4/XBOne are gonna be on PC anyway.

That being said, if you can't afford a good gaming PC or don't have the time to build one, then a console can be a worthwhile investment.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I completely agree. Dedicating a forum to it seems kinda questionable too... At least I managed to get the snag the best username over there. 8)
Wouldn't be the first time the community dedicated an entire forum for an upcoming game that wasn't released yet.
http://nintendodojo.com/ (This was allisbrawl in 2007 when it was founded, name changed when Brawl died)

Anyway, I just realized that I have become very, very cynical toward new games and their releases....

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Bloodborne may eventually come to PC, so yeah get a desktop.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've been saving up for a while. Should have enough for a good quality tower+montor/keyboard/etc in a month or so, sooner if I can sell somethings

I guess at this point its streaming and dolphin potential vs Xrd or Splatoon

Helsong

Smash Ace
Anyway, I just realized that I have become very, very cynical toward new games and their releases....
2014 was kind of a bad year for game releases. Buggy on launch, terrible DLC practices, just all out bad. You're right to be cynical.
The AAA games industry is kind of bad right now.

Bloodborne may eventually come to PC, so yeah get a desktop.
Doubtful. FROM worked with the same studio they made Demon's Souls with, which is a Sony-exclusive studio. Bloodborne will likely be an exclusive, unfortunately.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Wouldn't be the first time the community dedicated an entire forum for an upcoming game that wasn't released yet.
http://nintendodojo.com/ (This was allisbrawl in 2007 when it was founded, name changed when Brawl died)

Dude don't worry as you rightfully should nowadays lol. Game industry for AAA stuff is straight garbage.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What better way to ensure a community of players will exist then starting a website for a game, rather then crossing your fingers afterwards that you will have people to play. I have seen a lot of interest on many websites so it is good to have.

If the idea of shooting stuff is boring to you, then no refinement of the idea is going to interest you much. Same with a game about jumping on things or a game about racing cars.

If you come into a game expecting it to change everything you think about a genre, then you have the wrong mindset to begin with.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Warchamp is gonna be leading the world in forums dedicated to communities in general.

First Smashboards, then Squidboards. He'll go back to basics and do one for classic Nintendo titles and soon enough he'll even be making forums for the government.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
can I keep these squids on my theme forever

like, just a little tick in the preferences or something. pls

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want to play Bloodborne, but at the same time, a PS4 simply isn't worth it to me. The WiiU has more worthwhile exclusives slated for it, whereas 80-90% of the games that'll come out for PS4/XBOne are gonna be on PC anyway.

That being said, if you can't afford a good gaming PC or don't have the time to build one, then a console can be a worthwhile investment.
Not that I have the money or time, currently, to get into PC gaming but even if I did I think I would still stick to consoles.

I know, from a more objective stand point, that PC gaming is technically better, by quite a bit, but for some reason I just prefer consoles.

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 is there a way to disable to squid animations? Don't get me wrong here, I like it, but I'm starting to notice that they are putting a strain on my compute and slowing it down (old computer johns).

And just as I tag him they seem to have disappeared.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Not that I have the money or time, currently, to get into PC gaming but even if I did I think I would still stick to consoles.

I know, from a more objective stand point, that PC gaming is technically better, by quite a bit, but for some reason I just prefer consoles.
It's understandable. It's comforting to have a single stable system that is guaranteed to play whatever games come out for it, without having to mess with settings and requirements. It's simply easier and more accessible than getting a gaming PC that can run all the games you want to play. If you don't have the time to build a gaming PC or have the money to spend to get a good one, then why not just buy a console and spare yourself all the headache?

Helsong

Smash Ace
Blame the constant demand for yearly releases not giving developers enough time to actually make their games. But companies want to make money, so they release the stuff that would have been in the original game as DLC. This is also to blame for the insanely buggy releases, too.
Until consumers stop demanding yearly releases for their game series and show that solidly built and well-made games are the ones that get the most money, this will keep happening. It's an irritating state of affairs, and it's slowly making AAA game development utterly bull****.

Draco_The

Smash Lord

Pretty much.
Note that expansion pack can also mean updated re-releases like the Final Mix versions of the KH games.
There's a reason why there's a THEN and a NOW there though. People now want openworld games that don't feel empty with LOTS of content and things to do with multiplayer with dedicated servers, endless support and some other ****. Add the fact that better technology also means that models become higher-poly, with 4k textures and lots of other stuff. That's A LOT OF MONEY the devs have to spend.

And still, people don't want to pay for all of that, which is what triggered the F2P fever. Games without entry-price but with paywalls, pay-to-win and other crap because obviously they need to make money.

DLC is what made premium-based developers stay in business, and still they don't earn anywhere near to the freemium devs.

And now I ask you this: why, then, don't they go the freemium way?

Top Bottom