• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The last actual set played was Loser's Semis (Westballz/Silly Kyle). Westballz won the set, and would advance to GF against HBox (as Axe dropped to focus on Melee before Winner's Finals). However, due to time, they had to split, and GF was not played.

Really saddening, too.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
The last actual set played was Loser's Semis (Westballz/Silly Kyle). Westballz won the set, and would advance to GF against HBox (as Axe dropped to focus on Melee after losing Winner's Finals to HBox). However, due to time, they had to split, and GF was not played.

Really saddening, too.
Kiiiiinda. Axe dropped before WF happened to focus on Melee (he beat Mango tho so it's awwwwright). So WF, LF and GF all technically never happened, the farthest the bracket got was Losers Semis/Winner's Semis.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I like how Hbox gets much further when Mango is absent.

Does Armada play Fox in PM now?

edit: Mango was there????
The buster forever?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Kiiiiinda. Axe dropped before WF happened to focus on Melee (he beat Mango tho so it's awwwwright). So WF, LF and GF all technically never happened, the farthest the bracket got was Losers Semis/Winner's Semis.
My bad, fixed it.

Still, it's rather disappointing that PM's GF, after a solid day by the AZPM team, didn't get to have their final set.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I don't smoke weed, but I am gonna party hard.
It's my birthday.
I turn 22 today(regardless of what my actual profile details say).
I'm going to drink. I'm going to play games. I'm going to grab the first beautiful person I see and give them a kiss(kissing the mirror is out of bounds).

But first, I'm gonna have to get through school, grading, and work.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
lol sandstorm

That's all I'm gonna say about that

Since talking about girls/boys/dating in general seems to be in vogue:
There are basically 2 girls in my uni's smash club. One is one of my best friends and has a boyfriend in Chicago. The other one I'd played some friendlies with in the past but didn't chat much besides some general advice stuff. On Thursday after the club's tournament we played like 2 hours of friendlies and actually talked and got a little flirtatious, but nothing that was hugely telling. So then yesterday I was on campus, and I played with one of my friends until my fingers started hurting (too much Fox for like 3 days straight) so I decided I should stop, so I left his place and realized I didn't really want to go home, but I was bored being on campus. So the girl invites me to chill with her and her friends and watch a movie and hang around.

Long story short, I was there until 2, she's totally into me, her friends like me, and apparently now I'm taking her to a formal dance. Tomorrow.
Anyway, update for y'all.

I didn't get home until now because after the formal we hung out for a bit and when I said I had to catch the last train, she asked, "Can you just stay?" So I did, cuddled all night.

The formal was awesome, though. They had this event hosting thingie that seemed like it was going to be stupid but was actually fantastic. Kind of like an improv show inserted into a dinner party. It was great.

At one point when everyone was already on the dance floor they did a dance battle kind of thing where they separated the room into 2 sides and had each side send out ~6 people and dance battle. We lost round 1, I went out as one for round 2 and we won, then after round 4 it was a tie. They had each side send out their best dancer, and a couple of my friends pushed me out.

I wrecked him, won the 1v1 for my crew to take the battle. I also got a coupon for free pancakes.

TL;DR cuddles were had, moves were shown

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All right, rough summary
  • Day 1 begins
  • Stream cuts off constantly on both Melee and Smash 4 streams
  • MVG apparently paid for a better connection than AZPM, but still got shafted
  • Complained on mic about investments
  • Sometimes randomly puts ads during a match
  • Mod goes on random rampage and bans everyone
  • Stream has to rely on D1's 4g or something
  • Stream promises to fix day 2

• Day 2 begins
  • Stream cuts off AGAIN, just a bit less often
  • Revealed that a TO, without consent, named Zero + M2K "Don't blame us because we're autistic"
  • Smash 4 TOs don't prepare certain set-ups with customs
  • This
  • A lot of streamed matches don't make it on stream, even the high demand ones (this one isn't a big deal, but Jackie Tran vs HugS instead of S2J vs PC Chris?)
  • Smash 4 gets in the way of PM tourney (due to lack of time, Westballz vs Hbox is streamed on AZPM, interrupting PM)
  • TOs let people enter in more than two events, which shouldn't be happening
  • M2K, representative of MVG, drops out of Melee allegedly because of seeding bull****
  • Hbox vs Westballz forced to move to a different set-up midset
  • Power randomly cuts off during the middle of GF, players have to restart the GF match

Now, what did I miss?
That sounds like a Pound V tourney combined with the dumb stuff that happened in EVO 2007 for T5 DR GF.
I really don't think M2K has the mental capacity of manipulating someone consciously lmaooo
IDK man he gave my scene a **** storm over a controller when he was in Nebraska a while ago lol.

Eyyoo guys

I'm not going to say much about sandstorm (not because I'm forced to or anything, If I start I'm just going to blow up lol)

But 1) it wasn't as bad as twitter/reddit is making it out to be. It was a mess when it had to be, but 75% of the overall event ran okay (not to my standards but pm was close to what I wanted).

I only had hands on pm. We only had two larger hiccups. Wave one of pools was rough due to losing 3 setups (we got kicked out of the spill over setup for no reason >.> smash 4 wanted the corner then didn't use it). Then hbox was stuck playing smash 4, which held up matches from winners round 2, so we played up to that in everything we could. Due to a lot of this we had a lot of down time with just friendlies. Then he and westballz kept getting taken away from the pm room to play melee sets (to the point where melee wanted to play top 16 losers side instead of letting me just ****ing finish top 3 pm). We had multiple windows of opportunity to just finish around 7, but we got kinda shoved into the corner and I wasn't stern enough and just let things go because I thought the other tos would be flexible (this was before we even knew we had 2 hours less)

Basically pm grands was hbox/westballz, and then we had the opportunity to play their melee set as we turned into a side stream. I have no idea who told them to switch mid set and no one else knows that I've talked too.

Almost all of our logistical problems were due to communication errors, which are stupid and I'm really upset that information was passed around so poorly, expecially when we have been planning this for months.

Thank you guys for sticking with us though. I saw a lot of pms when I was lurking the chat or on commentary. Azpm was like the only part that went well.

Also like 80% of Leffens tweets are just flat out lies, he is just being a heel.
Glad to hear the PM side went decently at least.

EDIT: it's 4/20 can we get M2K to chill with some dudes, smoke and play some Megaman?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just because she didn't want the d that night doesn't mean she doesn't like you.

I'm pretty sure cuddling is ok and an enjoyable experience with the right person just ask Meiling.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Yeah, basically I wasn't about to push anything I didn't think she'd be comfortable with, and I very much do not think she would have been comfortable with anything more.

I haven't asked her or anything but I get the sense that she's not very experienced so I'll be taking it slow on that front unless I get something explicitly expressed to the contrary.

And cuddles are awesome either way cmon

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Turncount runs.
But that's boring in FE9 because its just cavaliers and mounts the game.
LTC runs are boring in general.

im pretty sure party selection in xenoblade is irrelevant as long as you grind levels
Well then, I guess it is a good thing I don't grind levels unless it is to get to the exact level of a boss if I loss against it the first time and couldn't figure out what I did wrong, which has only happened once (and only recently) so far.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser

I'm so hilariously bad at traditional fighting games lmao over like three days I've spent 10 hours playing kof/mb and I still can't do dp motions that consistently blehhhhh

also drive cancelling is a ***** sometimes
I felt the same way when I get USF4 but after a couple of days in training mode I was able to get the quarter circle and half-circle motions and after a little bit longer I was able to do full circles and after a couple of weeks I was able to get double quarter/half circles done (double full circles are still a pain in the ass though) by just grinding out the motions in training mode. Might not be the perfect analogy though since I never played KoF. :L

Still haven't gotten to play against real people yet for USF4 though, because I haven't been able to really go out anywhere lately.

D

Deleted member

happy 4/20

hitler's birthday and columbine turns 15, what a beautiful day to play PM

Helsong

Smash Ace
I decided what my first birthday present to myself is: finishing Ping Pong the Animation over my lunch break.
Oh my god, this anime is amazing. 10/10. A+++. S Tier. Great characters, wonderful soundtrack, tight writing, interesting art style, it's probably the best anime I've seen in years. Just fantastic. Doesn't mess with cliches and tropes, just goes straight for the emotional writing and well-paced storytelling.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I decided what my first birthday present to myself is: finishing Ping Pong the Animation over my lunch break.
Oh my god, this anime is amazing. 10/10. A+++. S Tier. Great characters, wonderful soundtrack, tight writing, interesting art style, it's probably the best anime I've seen in years. Just fantastic. Doesn't mess with cliches and tropes, just goes straight for the emotional writing and well-paced storytelling.
I just watched a bit of a clip, and now I'm intrigued. I saw the live action adaptation of the manga back in high school Japanese class.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, if you haven't seen this show you should highly consider it. A friend of mine recommended it to me and I had it on my backlog for a looong time until I finally decided to try it out this winter and it was so worth it. It's less about the sport and more about the characters playing the sport, so don't worry if you're not into sports anime. It's so good that I plan on showing it to my family when the dub is released (they can't stand subtitles), which is something that I never do out of fear of them calling me weird or something

Helsong

Smash Ace
I just watched a bit of a clip, and now I'm intrigued. I saw the live action adaptation of the manga back in high school Japanese class.
Do it. You won't regret a minute of it, unless you absolutely hate the art style. I was intrigued by the first episode, and then it just kept pulling me in. Helps that it's short(11 episodes, I think), which I think keeps the writing tight and doesn't let the plot meander too much.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this show you should highly consider it. A friend of mine recommended it to me and I had it on my backlog for a looong time until I finally decided to try it out this winter and it was so worth it. It's less about the sport and more about the characters playing the sport, so don't worry if you're not into sports anime. It's so good that I plan on showing it to my family when the dub is released (they can't stand subtitles), which is something that I never do out of fear of them calling me weird or something
I'm probably going to show it to my non-anime fan friends. They enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and FMA:B, so I think they respond better to stuff that can be better related to from a western perspective, which Ping Pong definitely can.

EDIT: Did I mention the stellar soundtrack? The Hero's Theme and Peco's Theme are my personal favorites, but Kong's Theme(China) is excellent too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom