• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I already posted in yr profile, doofus

I'm gonna be bleeding cash for a while, and last I checked crossing the border requires a passport which I can't pay for

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Sundays can be as boring as R.O.B. dittos.

Decided to fix that and went out with my good lady friend again. We went to a small comic store and I rad some Sonic and Mega Man issues that I already have downloaded. Then we went to eat at a bar/restaurant where I learned two things about myself:

1. I like mushrooms on burgers.
2. I should never eat guacamole on burgers or at all. My body can't take it,

Then I went and treated her to some ice cream since she really wanted some from this certain store but it was too busy the last couple of times we tried to go. Both got cookie dough waffle cones. We were having a good time until we got all wet and sticky all of a sudden. The quest for a bathroom lead us to a book store that's much bigger on the inside than the outside. It was a literal labyrinth. After that fun but unsuccessful little journey, we just went into TWU and raided their bathroom for paper towels and stuff while they were busy with music practice and stuff. Then huggles and cuddles happened and we parted.

Apparently her landlady, who passed by us one night, think that I'm "not bad looking" and is convinced we're a couple. A lot of people seem to be. I'm not sure why. XD;
ROB dittos are extremely fun unless you are both bad at handling projectiles so you just projectile camp each other

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so PM grand finals won't happen

at all

people actually paid money to travel to this tournament

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
so PM grand finals won't happen

at all

people actually paid money to travel to this tournament
*Insert gif of a man sadly and sarcastically spinning a cheap party noisemaker.* :/

Edit: Everything blows, nature just sabotaged the Armada vs. Westballs set. :/

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
At least the rest of the PM tournament happened tho right?
Unlike Winter Smashcon 2015, a "big" biannual Louisiana event
Where I and many others drove 3-4 hours one way for our main game, PM, to have singles be canceled
And why?
SmUsh had round robin pools and it got to be like 9 PM or something and the TO just didn't feel like it
So he started giving money back quietly before anyone could protest, by the time the more invested PM players like myself found out, half the pot money was already returned

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
you blame SSB4, actually

you know that TO that made the public autism joke on m2k and zero? yeah, turns out that irresponsibility is consistent with the rest of his work

dude couldn't even get customs up on several setups

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I feel so bad for AZPM, they were really trying this whole tournament to keep the stream going (I mean they even helped out the Melee stream), only for them to be unable to finish their tournament.

I really appreciate everything they did for the tournament, they gave it their all and had a good stream.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
So, smush's fault. By proxy we blame Nintendo, so we can then, by bastardization of inui logic, we can blame sakurai.

Thanks, sakurai...

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
All I hope is this doesn't screw up Heatwave. I just don't want Easton Smash and AZPM to be dragged down by this **** fest that is MVG.
as far as smash is concerned, MVG is a dead man walking. even EMP's mess-ups were subtle enough for you to appreciate the players without wincing too hard, this was as blatant of a PR suicide as one could get

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
just showed a girl my h doujin collection, asked her if she wanted to try some stuff with me

she said no, but then said she was jealous of my doujins
I once showed a girl my yuri collection, she immediately got her phone out and showed me a 4X bigger yaoi collection. I'll never do that ever again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
ROB dittos are extremely fun unless you are both bad at handling projectiles so you just projectile camp each other
I'm sure it's probably fun to play.

However, I'm saying it's boring to watch. Then again, R.O.B. bores me in general.

I fell asleep in my chair during Bowser's Revenge during a R.O.B. vs Diddy set. Just wasn't feeling it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
All right, rough summary
  • Day 1 begins
  • Stream cuts off constantly on both Melee and Smash 4 streams
  • MVG apparently paid for a better connection than AZPM, but still got shafted
  • Complained about investments on stream while not realizing the mic was still on
  • Sometimes randomly puts ads during a match
  • Mod goes on random rampage and bans everyone
  • Stream has to rely on D1's 4g or something
  • Stream promises to fix day 2

• Day 2 begins
  • Stream cuts off AGAIN, just a bit less often
  • Revealed that a TO, without consent, named Zero + M2K team "Don't blame us because we're autistic" on the public bracket
  • Smash 4 TOs don't prepare certain set-ups with customs
  • This
  • A lot of streamed matches don't make it on stream, even the high demand ones (this one isn't a big deal, but Jackie Tran vs HugS instead of S2J vs PC Chris?)
  • Smash 4 gets in the way of PM tourney (due to lack of time, Westballz vs Hbox is streamed on AZPM, interrupting PM)
  • TOs let people enter in more than two events, which shouldn't be happening
  • M2K, representative of MVG, drops out of Melee allegedly because he whined about his ****ing seeding
  • Hbox vs Westballz forced to move to a different set-up midset
  • Power randomly cuts off during the middle of GF, players have to restart the GF match

Now, what did I miss?

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
wow.. :x

MVG_League: yo guys its m2k. I'm literally suicidally depressed at how unlucky I make everything around me that I care about. Please give mvg anotehr chance - This is my company, I am part owner of it. If MVG isn't supported, my life is litearlly going to go to ****. And I am sincerely sorry at how unlucky this ended up. Everything will be improved (including payouts) next mvg national.
MVG_League: im not joking around

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I don't know how M2K seems to just walk into bad company so often

I feel like it's b/c he gets caught up within the big promises every time. he probably could've had a cozy sponsor with TSM or TL or any of them, but those offers are just great while this new budding team from a complete stranger sounds potentially perfect

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

I feel like it's b/c he gets caught up within the big promises every time. he probably could've had a cozy sponsor with TSM or TL or any of them, but those offers are just great while this new budding team from a complete stranger sounds potentially perfect
Supposedly he has a place that has it's rent paid and he gets served free food because of MVG (allegedly). idk

Some of the stuff I mentioned isn't directly MVG's fault, but it's still hilarious regardless about how ****ty the whole situation snowballed into. Hilarious in a very depressing way.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Asking for another chance while simultaneously expressing how suicidal you are...

God, **** that. That's some manipulative bull**** right there, intentional or not.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Asking for another chance while simultaneously expressing how suicidal you are...

God, **** that. That's some manipulative bull**** right there, intentional or not.
I really don't think M2K has the mental capacity of manipulating someone consciously lmaooo

D

Deleted member

[4/8/2015 11:49:41 PM] Max: a lot of players also just want to be sponsored so they'll jump on any offer
[4/8/2015 11:49:44 PM] Max: dont be that guy
[4/8/2015 11:50:30 PM] Lunchables [Zach]: :////////////////////

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
All right, rough summary
  • Day 1 begins
  • Stream cuts off constantly on both Melee and Smash 4 streams
  • MVG apparently paid for a better connection than AZPM, but still got shafted
  • Complained on mic about investments
  • Sometimes randomly puts ads during a match
  • Mod goes on random rampage and bans everyone
  • Stream has to rely on D1's 4g or something
  • Stream promises to fix day 2

• Day 2 begins
  • Stream cuts off AGAIN, just a bit less often
  • Revealed that a TO, without consent, named Zero + M2K "Don't blame us because we're autistic"
  • Smash 4 TOs don't prepare certain set-ups with customs
  • This
  • A lot of streamed matches don't make it on stream, even the high demand ones (this one isn't a big deal, but Jackie Tran vs HugS instead of S2J vs PC Chris?)
  • Smash 4 gets in the way of PM tourney (due to lack of time, Westballz vs Hbox is streamed on AZPM, interrupting PM)
  • TOs let people enter in more than two events, which shouldn't be happening
  • M2K, representative of MVG, drops out of Melee allegedly because of seeding bull****
  • Hbox vs Westballz forced to move to a different set-up midset
  • Power randomly cuts off during the middle of GF, players have to restart the GF match

Now, what did I miss?
based prophecy
m2k just needs a girlfriend who doubles as a mom

Zynux

Smash Lord
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser

I'm so hilariously bad at traditional fighting games lmao over like three days I've spent 10 hours playing kof/mb and I still can't do dp motions that consistently blehhhhh

also drive cancelling is a ***** sometimes
King of Fighters has a much more complicated system then Melty Blood. While Melty Blood keeps everyone's special inputs largely consistent throughout the cast, King of Fighters seems to really go out there to make many of the inputs more personalized for each character. I too am having a lot of trouble with KoFXIII at the moment even though it's a fantastic game (with that said: I don't believe KoF should ever make their engine "easier").

If you ever get good at KoF, then you will be able to breeze through Melty Blood no prob.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I really don't think M2K has the mental capacity of manipulating someone consciously lmaooo
I can understand @ Rᴏb Rᴏb 's predicament.

Intentional or not, it can be seen as an attempt to appeal to emotion in order to garner sympathy. Personally for me, stuff like that (especially declaring how "depressed" or "suicidal" you are) never works in order to convince me of anything and I immediately tune out, since I personally find your personal details or hardships to be overall irrelevant.

I'm sure M2K didn't mean anything by it though. He largely fails at communicating properly so it's to be expected and I won't hold it against him or anything since I don't really care either way, nor do I find his remarks to be that big of a deal.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Eyyoo guys

I'm not going to say much about sandstorm (not because I'm forced to or anything, If I start I'm just going to blow up lol)

But 1) it wasn't as bad as twitter/reddit is making it out to be. It was a mess when it had to be, but 75% of the overall event ran okay (not to my standards but pm was close to what I wanted).

I only had hands on pm. We only had two larger hiccups. Wave one of pools was rough due to losing 3 setups (we got kicked out of the spill over setup for no reason >.> smash 4 wanted the corner then didn't use it). Then hbox was stuck playing smash 4, which held up matches from winners round 2, so we played up to that in everything we could. Due to a lot of this we had a lot of down time with just friendlies. Then he and westballz kept getting taken away from the pm room to play melee sets (to the point where melee wanted to play top 16 losers side instead of letting me just ****ing finish top 3 pm). We had multiple windows of opportunity to just finish around 7, but we got kinda shoved into the corner and I wasn't stern enough and just let things go because I thought the other tos would be flexible (this was before we even knew we had 2 hours less)

Basically pm grands was hbox/westballz, and then we had the opportunity to play their melee set as we turned into a side stream. I have no idea who told them to switch mid set and no one else knows that I've talked too.

Almost all of our logistical problems were due to communication errors, which are stupid and I'm really upset that information was passed around so poorly, expecially when we have been planning this for months.

Thank you guys for sticking with us though. I saw a lot of pms when I was lurking the chat or on commentary. Azpm was like the only part that went well.

Also like 80% of Leffens tweets are just flat out lies, he is just being a heel.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
No handouts for them/him, I would say.
Karma's gotta be meted out somehow.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
To cheer everyone up I leave you with schoolgirl Ivysaur

I think she would look more appropriately dressed for her typing in Kagome's colors.

Or if they want a reference to the television show similar to Squirtle Squad, Giselle from Indigo League would work well too.

Top Bottom