• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I have a legal obligation to point out how an RNG gordo got him the positioning needed at just the right time but also that WAS a fantastic and even-handed game otherwise, gs to ripple

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
@88nailyH good stuff, if you hit with a normal waddledee I think you would have gotten a backthrow off of it anyways so I don't think RNG was the win, just would have been on the other side of the stage. That, or a nair which also would have been ok

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Everyone's hyping up about aftershock so I guess I'll watch it But the stream isn't showing up on my xbox

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like how, in the first game, wes was mostly dominating and I was like "how on earth is this in DDD's favor" and then three stocks gone within like a minute

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I still don't see how it is DDD favor. Having to stay near the ledge and hope the Fox don't laser camp you does not make a winning match up.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I like how, in the first game, wes was mostly dominating and I was like "how on earth is this in DDD's favor" and then three stocks gone within like a minute
I remember saying in twitch chat, "this is why the matchup is even"

Dedede needs like 2 moves to take a stock from Fox, where as Fox has to work so hard because D3 is one of the hardest (aside from Falcon iirc) to kill off the top. That being said Fox can combo the crap out of dedede.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I still don't see how it is DDD favor. Having to stay near the ledge and hope the Fox don't laser camp you does not make a winning match up.
his lasers < your mindless body guards of damage soaking. most damage on DDD didn't actually come from lasers at all, waddles being in the way forces fox to have to mix up

I think it's even more than anything else, but I can see his advantages

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I remember saying in twitch chat, "this is why the matchup is even"

Dedede needs like 2 moves to take a stock from Fox, where as Fox has to work so hard because D3 is one of the hardest (aside from Falcon iirc) to kill off the top. That being said Fox can combo the crap out of dedede.
yeah Fox has to catch a bair kill (Potentially bad DI too) to get early kills, or go VERY deep out for a shine spike, because if you do it near the ledge DDD gains height from them. Waveshine upsmash is the best stock ender, but really all DDD has to worry about is drill and running shine approached which can be stuffed/telegraphed

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
his lasers < your mindless body guards of damage soaking. most damage on DDD didn't actually come from lasers at all, waddles being in the way forces fox to have to mix up

I think it's even more than anything else, but I can see his advantages
I suppose. Not a match up i'd ever wanna play. He still seems to get rather outclassed in neutral.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I enjoy how the seed numbers of the people who made it out goes 4, 15, 25, 35 in winners and 1, 17, 21, 26 in losers lol.

Whereas Melee has a perfect 1, 2, 3, 4 in winners and 5, 6, 7, 8 in losers (Well assuming Arc beats Junebug anyways)

U P S E T B O Y S

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I suppose. Not a match up i'd ever wanna play. He still seems to get rather outclassed in neutral.
there comes a point where getting outclassed in neutral doesn't matter when you can two-touch the enemy, one of the touches being a grab helps a little, and having a huge grab range helps a lot. Obviously it's not mindless, though.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve
You mean the :sweatingman: thing?
lol I want one of those of the Kantai Collection Admiral, how are there NOT more variants of that meme?

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve
You mean the :sweatingman: thing?
lol I want one of those of the Kantai Collection Admiral, how are there NOT more variants of that meme?
btw you asked me where I got my sweatingman twitch emote and it came from fuzzyness' stream
I made him sell out for my sub though-- me and jolt forced him to play pm for it teehee
Now he does intense subspace speedruns

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
he changed it when people on here were changing all of their avatars to @Hylian's, and then realized that you can only change it once a month so he was stuck with it lmao

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
the weirdest thing about that set is the way I felt the entire time

like near the end of game one I wasn't worried because for some reason I was just sure that ripple had it and he did
in game two I wasn't as sure and he lost
when game three started I had this weird premonition that there was no way ripple would lose and then the rest of the comeback my heart was beating out of my chest but I was more wondering how he would do it than if he would actually do it

There's been a few other times when I've gotten this feeling and been right, once was with nintendudes 9 against chudat to come back and win, the other was on the the Giant's final drive with the helmet catch in the patriot's 18-1 season

but holy **** ripple is a god

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
TIL that @88nailyH was in fact Ripple all this time.

Stop ****ing changing your names people.
I was away for a while and wondered who the hell that was and why Ripple had disappeared, then today when ripple came on stream for his first set against Weston and used the backwards Hylian tag it just all clicked lol

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
So does anyone know all of the top 8 texas players who qualified? I'm guessing Sethlon/Lunchables/Oracle/Luck/Strong Bad but other than them, I'm not sure.

Bazkip

Smash Master
We're all praising Ripple when he clutches it out, meanwhile DrinkingFood destroyed Wesballz and we barely mentioned it lol

I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunity to lose our minds over DF tomorrow though :p

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I was at work and I missed that set with Ripple - if anyone can link me it, I'd be hella pleased

Top Bottom