• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
STUPID QUESTION ABOUT REPLACING SOUND FILES:
If I just place a brtsm file with the proper brawl sound title as the name, will it automatically replace the current one in-game? or is there more coding i have to do? and can I get the original default song back by removing the replacement brtsm from the sound folder in the P:M zip?

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
STUPID QUESTION ABOUT REPLACING SOUND FILES:
If I just place a brtsm file with the proper brawl sound title as the name, will it automatically replace the current one in-game? or is there more coding i have to do? and can I get the original default song back by removing the replacement brtsm from the sound folder in the P:M zip?

yup, thats all you have to do, and yes again, when you remove the brtsm you put in, it goes back the original song on said stage/menu

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Never understood how a relatively heavy character could wall cling for so long in the first place, so I approve of removing that and leaving that ability to the lighter characters who have it. Lucario is fine without it and whatever aura charge buffs he ends up receiving.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to the new status changing item, 'Curiously Strong Minty Dentine Ice'.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I think a game revolving around the Pokemon world, with a World of Warcraft styled complex of statistics and traits, with Super Mario 64/Super Mario Wii U physics engine, is a joke people should take more seriously.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Someone should REALLY start a Pichu Request Thread. I'm sure i'm not the only one that really likes the idea of a revamped melee Pichu.
Besides the fact that there are a lot of Pokemon characters now, I really see no reason why Pichu shouldn't make it back :(

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Someone should REALLY start a Pichu Request Thread. I'm sure i'm not the only one that really likes the idea of a revamped melee Pichu.
Besides the fact that there are a lot of Pokemon characters now, I really see no reason why Pichu shouldn't make it back :(
All that type of discussion goes in the clone engine discussion thread.

Read it sometime, there has been a LOT of discussion about Pichu

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Wow. We went an entire week without any actual news. Release is quite soon. Project Mystery?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow. We went an entire week without any actual news. Release is quite soon. Project Mystery?
Perhaps. I figured we'd at least get some alternate costumes confirmed (some more Melee Link colors in particular, and maybe another Melee Fox alternate costume), but hey, maybe they're saving it for next week, for a release week surprise, or for surprises for us to find out about. ;)
I'm pretty sure the Clone Engine thread made an spin-off thread specifically for Pichu debates.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well, the 3.0 trailer has a ton of stuff, so I guess it balances out. I was still hoping for at least some character write-ups.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Project Masquerade, hiding all the good stuff so you can find it yourself in the two longest weeks of your life. Hell yeah.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Project Mahogany

But not just any mahogany, but mahogany made from the trees of Malkior 7, where the trees are 300 feet tall and breath fire! From these trees this project was forged 2 thousand years ago using ancient blood rituals of the Malkior people. No only does this make this project neigh indestructible, but it can bend the fabric of the universe itself! Also, it's a very fine material. Very expensive.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well you can always sneak in the PM headquarters in Albuquerque, find the safe where they hide all the 3.0 discs and replace one with a disc of Melee.

Be careful about the guarding cameras and infrared dogs tho.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Thanks. Also squirtle's idle animation is significantly more funny when crystal castles is playing in the background
I don't get it? I like CC though
Never understood how a relatively heavy character could wall cling for so long in the first place, so I approve of removing that and leaving that ability to the lighter characters who have it. Lucario is fine without it and whatever aura charge buffs he ends up receiving.
Wait they removed his wall cling? lame. I wish everyone could wall jump n stuff ='(

Also idk about you guys but I might say I like Project Mint the least of all the recolor projects

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I will forever miss Timer in P:M. I had good fun with it's brokeness
Ikr, isn't that the point of items anyways? Haha that Curry Barrel Explosive land mine screwed us all of our stocks lol..wait this timer is starting to act weird... let's remove that ****. The only issue is if it froze the game often, which could be the case

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Will they be back in 3.0?
Items are pretty low on the PMBR's list of priorities, but they will be addressed eventually. If the timer et all. aren't able to be fixed, then they will be replaced.

I don't know if 3.0 will bring any item changes, but someone (maybe Standardtoaster?) was talking about bringing back an iconic Melee item, so... Maybe?

At any rate, there's no shortage of items to play around with.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The Timer is as stupid and random as the Lightning bolt. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.
but random mayhem in playing a game you don't even care about is the only thing this fun-time party mode four-players-with-wii-motes-and-perfectly-white-smiles-bumping-into-each-other-on-the-couch-for-no-reason game is all it's good for... right nintendo?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Hey MonkUnit, I caught your name at the FC-Legacy registration clipboard on The Smash Brothers documentary during episode 8. You sneaky devil you.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's items though.. stupid and random is the reason we turn them on, like what you normally do with 4 ppl is go all puff and stuff

Do any of you guys believe in Binaural beats effecting brain/mood? I got a decent pair of headphones for once and I'm listening to some youtube one that's suppose to make me happy, I can't tell if my smiling is from it working or it being dumb lol

Also what did they change in the remastered version of the smash doc? Did they make the Isai part any different?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
depends, if it claims to offer something more than ordinary music then hopefully it's been tested double blind and the paper peer reviewed, otherwise it's probably your typical pseudoscience like magnet/crystal healing

Top Bottom