• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kati

Smash Lord
I didn't realize that Apex was so soon. Will 3.0 be played there or 2.6b given people's familiarity?

Kati

Smash Lord
I feel sorry for those who will lack mu experience the most, but hype is ensured to be crazy with 3.0 I guess.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Cause japanese music is where it's at brother.

IIRC, someone from the PMBR said that it would completely remove DACUS from some characters who have a 1 frame DACUS.
what the ****, alright i know i said nerf GNW's Dacus Combo, but NOT this hard

what the ****, looks like i gotta find a new character to play then

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
what the ****, alright i know i said nerf GNW's Dacus Combo, but NOT this hard

what the ****, looks like i gotta find a new character to play then
You don't have to lol this was just to answer the question that asked what would happen if the jumpsquat was reduced by one frame.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Man, A Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas to come out in a while, and has already become one of my favorites. It's hard to say if it's better than Link to the Past, but it's pretty damn close.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Man, A Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas to come out in a while, and has already become one of my favorites. It's hard to say if it's better than Link to the Past, but it's pretty damn close.
Already beat it?

Damn, I need to get some money and get on that.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Almost. I like getting sidetracked in exploring thanks to the game's lack of handholding. You can kind of just take things at your own pace and do what you want, and the freedom is quite refreshing. And now that you can rent items (and buy them later if you want for a higher cost), the dungeons are much more creative and challenging since the puzzles and boss don't revolve around that one item.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also fun as hell to speedrun, rent everything -> make sure to never die -> sequence break everything

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
link between worlds 3DS XL bundle is also on sale nov 28-30 at target for $150. i really want to get it at this low price but i don't know if i'll be able to because i'm sure there will be huge lines because of black friday.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
3-heart Hero Mode challenge is bloody impossible. Everything one-shots you in Lorule, it's hilarious.

The game as a whole is fantastic, a much needed change of pace from the more padding-filled and restrictive 3D Zelda games and I'm astounded at how well Aonuma and Shikata caputred the original structure of ALTTP. The upgrade system was balanced quite well, making some never-used items extremely desirable like the Boomerang. You can always seem to find a good niche use for every item when it comes to combat.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
3-heart Hero Mode challenge is bloody impossible. Everything one-shots you in Lorule, it's hilarious.

The game as a whole is fantastic, a much needed change of pace from the more padding-filled and restrictive 3D Zelda games and I'm astounded at how well Aonuma and Shikata caputred the original structure of ALTTP. The upgrade system was balanced quite well, making some never-used items extremely desirable like the Boomerang. You can always seem to find a good niche use for every item when it comes to combat.
I`m really glad that they made the game more like Zelda 1 (my favorite Zelda game) where you get to choose how you go about your adventure. I hated how in ALTTP you had to go to one dungeon to the next without ever really getting to choose how to go about it even though at the very beginning they show you the locations of all the dungeons like your supposed to choose which one to go to. Zelda 1 wasn`t just about getting to ganon, but instead about your journey and how you chose to get there and I think ALBW captures that perfectly.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

This makes me want to play it even more now. I was thinking of getting the bundle because it's cheaper than getting a 3DS XL and ALBW separately, and saving it as a Christmas gift for myself this year, but I don't think I can wait, haha. I just hope the lines are not super huge where I need to be at Target hours before they open in order to get the $150 sale bundle. Or if they ran out.. :x

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also, it's rad how they managed to optimize a lot of stuff

there's no longer separate item counts like arrows or bombs, everything uses a magic meter that slowly regens, so it keeps the smartness of "ok, I need to use these things smartly or I am boned" and you'll know how much you'll need for everything you do in a single meter

it's really, really smartly designed and, instead of immediately copying old games and calling it a day, it honest-to-god looks through everything and asks "well, what could be simplified and improved"

please buy a link btwn worlds. this is your PSA

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Seeing the ALBW bundle makes me wish I didn't buy my 3DS back in 2011.
That thing is spice.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Completely forgot about this, haha. There also were not many recording setups and I used mostly Ganon at the tournament. If ST and I record/stream before you make the vid, I can probably shoot some clips your way.
/heartbroken

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have a feeling the lines for the XL bundle deal are going to be insane. Sad that I missed saving $70 buying it when it came out, but I see it as a way to save myself a huge amount of madness on Friday.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So now I am wondering if the next game I buy is ALBW...Do I need 3d to play it because I bought a 2ds last month and don't want to buy a new system for one game.

Might play it for winter break.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So now I am wondering if the next game I buy is ALBW...Do I need 3d to play it because I bought a 2ds last month and don't want to buy a new system for one game.

Might play it for winter break.
2DS plays any 3DS games. The only difference is no 3D option.
As for ALBW, apparently (I say apparently because I'm waiting to purchase it and I can only go off of what friends have told me) there are parts that are designed with the 3D function in mind so in a sense you miss out on the full experience.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm not even a huge Zelda fan but the Triforce XL is by far the nicest looking 3DS out right now. If I didn't buy a black one a month ago for Pokemon, I would buy the gold one for sure.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
2DS plays any 3DS games. The only difference is no 3D option.
As for ALBW, apparently (I say apparently because I'm waiting to purchase it and I can only go off of what friends have told me) there are parts that are designed with the 3D function in mind so in a sense you miss out on the full experience.
Well I don't know,I hope it is at least possible to beat the final boss on a 2DS.If not I still have PM 3.0 to play over winter break.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I love my Zelda 3DS XL as for the 3D effect in-game, it's really good some dungeons segments look neat and smooth. All of my playthrough (haven't finished it yet) I have been playing it with 3D

Supposedly there were some changes done to the game during the game's developement when the 2DS was announced so it wasn't necessary to have 3D on.

Bube_Marth

Smash Cadet
All those black costumes on dark stages....
Oh, uhm... xD I guess, if you play those dark characters by yourself, you don't notice it. Is it really that awkward? I actually did not expect this kind of problem. x) But interesting.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So uh.

Brian from family guy died.

Despite spending years with that I can safely say that nothing of value was lost.
I also think they will bring him back in like an episode or two.

Top Bottom