• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Fortress

Smash Master
I remember that someone suggested to reduce the entire cast's jump animation by 1 frame to fix that one frame issue; what was cons about that suggestion? I cant seem to remember
Is that it doesn't fix that issue. Strong Bad went over it and knew why.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I finally found that Star Fox comic people were mentioning, and look at this:

Slippy has webbed feet like any amphibian once he takes off those metal boots, argument is now invalid.

Fortress

Smash Master
Just something to dwell on:

"In promotional materials for the original SNES game, the entire team had what appeared to be metallic-looking feet and ankles rather than boots. It was theorized that the Star Fox team had their legs amputated and replaced with futuristic prosthetics to prevent loss of consciousness while flying, as gravity tends to force blood away from the brain and toward the lower extremities. It is also likely that this was done not as a conscious artistic choice but rather a budget concern."

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You mentioned the comic yourself Fortress, and now that we know it doesn't support the metal legs fanwank theory, your gonna rely on those cheap crappy puppets with glued on feet as your only evidence?

Nintendo was definately just being lazy.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I've always thought they were metal boots to begin with. The reason they look like robotic legs is because of how the puppets were made. The puppets feet kind of look like they were made to actually be able to move resulting in their ankles to be thinner and adjustable.

Any other actual artwork of Fox showing his feet they look like boots. The ankles are much thicker and they don't really show any real signs of robotics.

Actually the metal boots from Melee they don't even look like they should be functional even as boots. But if you look at this model from Star Fox 64 3D.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130617015144/ssb/images/6/6d/Fox_(SF643D).png

You can kind of see where it looks like his boots are partially material and partially metal. This is probably what they had in mind from the start since 64's Fox and SNES's Fox are still very similar in design for the most part.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/kyleblog/features/literalnames/foxmccloud_610.jpg

Color scheme aside, the jacket, jumpsuit, gloves, boots and headpiece are all there. He even has the nametag in the same spot on both, the belt buckles are both generally the same shape, and to go even farther with it, they both have their sleeves rolled up.

All of Fox's boots are just boots with metal parts to protect his shins and downward. Basically they're steel-toed boots with shin guards.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Seriously, you guys are still arguing over a fictional anthropomorphic space fox's feet?

C'mon now. - -'

B.W.

Smash Champion
We're arguing about two of the worst things in the world.

Furries and feet. Both weird gross fetishes of the world.

I'd say this thread isn't clean anymore, but this thread stopped being clean pages ago.

Vashimus

Smash Master
We're arguing about two of the worst things in the world.

Furries and feet. Both weird gross fetishes of the world.

I'd say this thread isn't clean anymore, but this thread stopped being clean pages ago.
Your avatar is two ladybugs having sex.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh what a relief.

It's always nice to wake up after a night of furious drinking to find out that you didn't come on Smash Boards and post some stupid ****. Whew. Go me.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was going ham in IRC helping people install PM, all the while I was seriously getting schwasted. Feels good man. That was fun, glad you were there ;D

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee: __:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:_______:pichumelee:______-__:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:
:pichumelee:_________-:pichumelee:___________-_-:pichumelee::pichumelee:____--__:pichumelee:___-__:pichumelee:
:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee: __:pichumelee::pichumelee:______--_:pichumelee:___:pichumelee:__-__-:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:
:pichumelee:________-_:pichumelee:________-__:pichumelee:_-:pichumelee:_:pichumelee:__-_:pichumelee:_____:pichumelee:
:pichumelee:_______-__:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:__:pichumelee:_________:pichumelee:--_:pichumelee:___-___:pichumelee:

:pichumelee:__-_:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:___:pichumelee:__-__:pichumelee:-_-_-:pichumelee:
:pichumelee:__-_:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:__:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:__:pichumelee:
:pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:__:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:-_:pichumelee:_-:pichumelee:__-:pichumelee:
:pichumelee:__-_:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:_______:pichumelee:
:pichumelee:__-_:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:__:pichumelee:_______:pichumelee:_-_:pichumelee:

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
Roy looks sick, his animations are designed Great an making him look like a different character from Marth. it would be pretty tight if chrome is brought in that would be legit.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
for the record, contrary to what you may think considering the content of my posts on this thread, I am not a Pichu supporter.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I don't understand all the Pichu hype, why?.. The only cool thing Pichu ever had going for it were the goggles that Pikachu took from it in Brawl.

Top Bottom