• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
I had the hardest laughing fit watching shofu's Pokémon Reborn playthrough, and having him raging about the new mechanics in the game. He's states the field effects are completely broken and some people are giving **** to him about it the comments, saying just to "git gud". Even though I was just cracking up, I had to agree with him.

I understand Pokémon games are easy, especially the later ones, and modders want to try make the games much more challenging. But there's still a difference between being challenging and outright cheap. Many other RPGs that are considered extremely difficult will often give you a lot of flexibility in terms of the mechanics or their party, to help you overcome those obstacles much more quickly than just grinding like hell. It isn't the case with Pokémon though. We're still stuck with same 4 moves and "only carry 6" set up from '96, raising a new Pokémon for the party to workable levels takes forever, and grinding it out on wild mons is often pretty pointless. These aren't a problem in the mainline games because they were never designed to be punishing. But drastically buff up trainers, decrease the money you get, add a level cap till you beat a gym and then and a bunch of silly and overly-complicated field effects that can completely break battles, and the game gets pretty damn stupid.

Granted, these modders don't have anything like beta-testers they can hire to point out any silly stuff, so they're likely just rolling with it and patching the imbalances later. But with Pokemon hacks, it's like the ridiculous never ends.

Oh. My. God.
Zero Suit Ike?
LMAO
When's Zero Suit Falcon?

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
And for those who prefer marth
image.jpg

I see SB, im getting strong banned again

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
My F-Zero stuff reminds me that Phoenix NEEDS to be a Falcon alt in PM. **** I would love it if someone made a Phoenix mod for him.

For those who don't know, Phoenix is a hidden character in F-Zero GX who's a bounty hunter from the future and is somewhat implied to be a descendent of Falcon:

Also he has a HILARIOUS fake british accent:

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
And while I'm talking about Smash and F-Zero I have to say I kind of dislike how Falcon is represented in Smash. In his home series he's a chill guy not this "HYES SHOW YA MOVES FALCON PAWNCH" guy:

GOD the music in that cutscene is so good

Foo

Smash Lord
And while I'm talking about Smash and F-Zero I have to say I kind of dislike how Falcon is represented in Smash. In his home series he's a chill guy not this "HYES SHOW YA MOVES FALCON PAWNCH" guy:

Idk, his personality doesn't really seem different. It's just the voice acting.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Um he doesn't seem chill at all there. In fact he seems just as cocky as he does in smash. I think you only think that because that VA is extremely monotoned.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
Idk, his personality doesn't really seem different. It's just the voice acting.
Well, yeah, he's still awesome in his own games, he's just not so..."explosive".

Also, why is this song still not in Smash:

THANK HEAVEN HE'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE
OR ELSE THERE'D BE NOWHERE TO HIDE

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yo, if we clone Wario (brawl) in the clone engine, we could make Mach Rider out of Cap's skeleton and wario's bike

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i just got told ""ye ye love you"

guys, i think i just suffered multiple heart attacks, please help

JOE!

Smash Hero
Back to my code bull**** for a moment, I think the issue is I need to make my variables into doubles instead of ints (c#) since there is probably a decimal being multiplied... except not and it is making the results "in the ballpark" but not accurate to the formula somehow :/

Either that or I just make a database of character + all their moves and avoid some math in the function itself...

(I also need to learn the relationship fallspeed and gravity have with weight for distance launched upwards...)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As of today, I am now officially 24 years old.

Woo. I think. Not really. Meh.

I need a hug and someone to Smash, "Smash" and get Smashed with.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
As of today, I am now officially 24 years old.

Woo. I think. Not really. Meh.

I need a hug and someone to Smash, "Smash" and get Smashed with.
Get a girlfriend and loose in doubles, accomplish all three without drinking alchahol.

D

Deleted member

hell I just wish I had someone to play PM with at 12 AM

all my friends within a quarter mile radius that I could sneak into my apartment left last summer

rip

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So when i tell a girl "hey im gonna smash you for hours" is there a reason they give me a disgusted look?
Probably. She may not say it out loud, but she's probably thinking "For hours? When's Mahvel?" in her head.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So I found a @ Hylian Hylian Wii at the tournament today... Poor picture quality but you get the idea.

Oh god my face is spreading.
>told girl she's cute and that I like her
>lmao
>lmao
>lmao
>lmao
>never again
What did she say? Did you just meet her? What was the context?

There is always again :p. You can only be told no so many times.

Edit: Just realized how wrong that sounded LOL. I meant in regards to different girls, not the same one over and over.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
i did that too

and thats how i moved to texas
How relatable. The girl that I'm closest to, who I also adore above anything and everything else, lives in Texas.

More accurate, she just happens to live in Denton, where I'm headed to live with my friend.

She practically exploded with a mix of joy, confusion and excitement when I told her. She's already got all these plans of stuff she wants me to do with her when I get there.

I swear, she's gonna end up making people think we're a couple moreso than we already tend to make people think. XD

D

Deleted member

How relatable. The girl that I'm closest to, who I also adore above anything and everything else, lives in Texas.

More accurate, she just happens to live in Denton, where I'm headed to live with my friend.

She practically exploded with a mix of joy, confusion and excitement when I told her. She's already got all these plans of stuff she wants me to do with her when I get there.

I swear, she's gonna end up making people think we're a couple moreso than we already tend to make people think. XD
oh hey thats 20 min from here

i wanna throw needles at you, drop by sometime

and then date her for real

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I thought girls love PMS and Magikarp. I looked up to you. ;_;
sorry to disappoint

@ Hylian Hylian I said something about me having a crush on her I don't really remember the specifics
BUT
she said "what"
>you heard me
"well yes, I did but I'm still processing the information"

then the next few minutes were a blur of spaghetti mainly involving me confirming the fact she did not have a crush on me and me assuring that I wouldn't be awkward about it

ayy lmao

Top Bottom