• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm listening to MJ's Get On the Floor and I just realized that the Strong Bad fhqwhgads interpolates with the background vocals of Get On the Floor. I can't listen to it the same way now.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I got a tourney today as well, starts at 12 here.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Haven't been to PM Social in a while, but just trying to plug a campaign for my friend:

http://www.gofundme.com/nz2cx0

Hes been hosting tournaments for upwards of 7 years for all our communities including smash/fgs. And we have Project M get-togethers at his house every Thursday. If you can spread the word it'd be a great help. And maybe we'll stream next time.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So I didn't die last night

But I think Iwalked about a mile and a half drunk and it was one of the weirdest experiences ever

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
But you can break his armor very easily with a spaced fair, at like 30 (maybe lower). Also nair out trades yoshi- if he cancels the DJ before nair hits him, he runs into your armor and loses, if he does it after nair hits his armor, he hits your armor and you both trade damage only. And dash attack seems to cover enough space where if you see yoshi go into the air, you can armor in with a late timing to beat his latest possible DJ cancel. And if he tries to wait any longer, he'd have to do a full double jump above your dash attack.
- Spaced fair can technically break the armor, but sending Yoshi far enough back to actually edgeguard him seems extremely difficult.
- Yoshi can time his nair to armor through Bowser's, and KB Bowser.
- Dash attack is really good (probably too good, tbh), but you've forgotten that Yoshi has the down-b option (if not over a platform) and waveland -> aerial (if he is) if Bowser attempts to cover options with it like you mentioned.

Dash grab doesn't even grab til frame 11 which isn't much for its only above-average reach compared to normal grabs. If anything his pivot grab is godlike being a frame faster with a backwards slide to make it safer while having the same reach.
I mean I'm not saying it's bad for Yoshi or anything like that, this is why I asked. I'm a waaay better player than him, but he isn't awful and was very well versed with his character and is a top player at LATech, but my matches with bowser, one lf my tertiaries, against his Yoshi main (almost exclusively, he has basically no seconds and we played like 24 hours of him as only Yoshi lol), it feels as if our matches should have been close if it was an awful match-up for bowser but that wasn't the case at all. Anything better for him than getting two stocked was rare.
Dash grab is looooooooong range, as is pivot grab.

Anyway, this is all conjecture as neither Bowser's nor Yoshi's metagame is particularly developed, and Bowser's bad matchups tend to only become apparent at pretty high level play when his opponents play tight, disciplined neutral games and have well-developed punishes (*cough* @DumberChild ). It seems equally possible to me that either I'm completely wrong, or your friend just isn't good enough at Yoshi yet to demonstrate what the MU is really like. I'd probably be a bit more certain if you could supply video.

Last edited:

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
Serious Question who has project m 2.6b full-set (the homebrew version)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Haven't been to PM Social in a while, but just trying to plug a campaign for my friend:

Hes been hosting tournaments for upwards of 7 years for all our communities including smash/fgs. And we have Project M get-togethers at his house every Thursday. If you can spread the word it'd be a great help. And maybe we'll stream next time.
Beat me to it.

But yeah PMS if you nerds got a heart and some spare change lying about, please donate and help a fellow nerd out in the Nebraska/Iowa Smash/FGC scene hell even Midwest smash/FGC or heard of him randomly through UMVC3 fight against cancer so he can 4 stock this nerd and take it's lunch money.

Last edited:

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
So hey I made some custom tracks in F-Zero X through the power of romhacking! I have only been making tracks for about two days now so they're not the best, but I like them.

I am ass at this game :V

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
So hey I made some custom tracks in F-Zero X through the power of romhacking! I have only been making tracks for about two days now so they're not the best, but I like them.

I am *** at this game :V
Man this is really cool to watch, so nostalgic. Also damn is the mute city theme rage boner inducing.

It's weird as much as I love f-zero the tracks and mechanics/physics pale in comparison to Star Wars Podracing. That was seriously like the awesomest most well tuned like, strictly racing game ever. If they just remade that game for Wii U put traded out the aesthetics for the F-Zero universe we'd have a new gen iteration of the franchise ready for the shelves.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
So uh, real talk here guys, I need some advice.
I've been playing Toon Link ever since i got PM, and i've been learning the basics of melee with him.
Of course, my tech skill isn't that great, and apparently TL relies heavily upon that.
So basically, should I switch my main to someone with a bit more tech skill that I could win with while I learn? Or should I Just stick with TL and get good.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
Man this is really cool to watch, so nostalgic. Also damn is the mute city theme rage boner inducing.

It's weird as much as I love f-zero the tracks and mechanics/physics pale in comparison to Star Wars Podracing. That was seriously like the awesomest most well tuned like, strictly racing game ever. If they just remade that game for Wii U put traded out the aesthetics for the F-Zero universe we'd have a new gen iteration of the franchise ready for the shelves.
lolwat

F-zero has like the most advanced and complex physics of any arcade racer ever. GX was pretty much the greatest arcade racer of all time.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
lolwat

F-zero has like the most advanced and complex physics of any arcade racer ever. GX was pretty much the greatest arcade racer of all time.
Were it not for snaking, which = pls no

I get enough of that from Super Tendinitis Bros already.

Bring on the podracing

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
@ Frostav Frostav I like your confidence but I seriously think SWPR had it beat. I wish I could make you understand. It was ****ing ... it was like, the ultimate adrenaline rush, with such a wide learning curve, at top skills you could go so insanely fast and have the grip to never clumsily so much as graze the curb. *foams at mouth*

ps @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds I literally got tendinitis from KI: Uprising. Actually had to go to the doctor for it.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've been playing Toon Link ever since i got PM, and i've been learning the basics of melee with him.
Of course, my tech skill isn't that great, and apparently TL relies heavily upon that.
So basically, should I switch my main to someone with a bit more tech skill that I could win with while I learn? Or should I Just stick with TL and get good.
Most (all?) of Toon Link's tech skill is universal stuff. The thing needed to be learned most is SHFFLing. After that it is just trying to get mobile with his really good mobility and then getting crisp with it via DDing, WDing/WLing, and AGT. And learning to use AGT for recovery. But I dunno if I would go so far as to say that he is a tech heavy character (otherwise I wouldn't be maining him) since everything he has everyone else/a lot of others has/have to some degree.

But @Lunchables can give better advice then I ever could.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Most (all?) of Toon Link's tech skill is universal stuff. The thing needed to be learned most is SHFFLing. After that it is just trying to get mobile with his really good mobility and then getting crisp with it via DDing, WDing/WLing, and AGT. And learning to use AGT for recovery. But I dunno if I would go so far as to say that he is a tech heavy character (otherwise I wouldn't be maining him) since everything he has everyone else/a lot of others has/have to some degree.

But @Lunchables can give better advice then I even could.
I can shffl and AGT, and WD and WL, but i have no idea that DD is. Also mobility is as problem for me, as i end up standing still and throwing boomerangs and arrows sometimes.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Honestly, it's up to you. In my opinion, working your way up can be very beneficial, because I think a lot of players starting with technical characters get too bogged down in learning tech and feel ineffective if they don't use tech, and as a result have underdeveloped fundamentals. I started maining Marth, then switched to Roy just because he was more fun, but neither are very technical characters - they mostly rely on solid fundamentals. I'd always wanted to play Falcon or Wolf, but I found I really couldn't do much with them.

Then, after half a year of playing Roy and finally feeling like I wasn't totally scrub status anymore, I thought it might be fun to take a shot at learning Falcon in December, and then learning Wolf last month. Already, I can beat pretty much anyone outside the top 8 a my school with either Falcon or Wolf now. And I think it's because playing as Roy has given me a much better understanding of fundamental movement, interactions in the neutral, and punishing my opponent, alongside other general skills.

In the end, though, it really is up to you. No matter what, if you put in the effort to learning the game and learning a character, I think you'll get there.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
Were it not for snaking, which = pls no

I get enough of that from Super Tendinitis Bros already.

Bring on the podracing
There's no snaking in X and just play Max Speed in GX, which is MORE popular than snaking anyway.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
GX is pretty much Melee but a racing game. It's got absurd depth and physics exploits that mean its skill ceiling is basically infinite. It's still being speedran/time trialed to this day.

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
xanadu projectm monthly being streamed to chillindudes channel right now. come thru twitch peoples

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

This guy is seriously awesome, it would mean a lot to me if any of you PMS folk donated <3 <3 <3.

Top Bottom