• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
google images makes it look kinda cool, though
Yeah but it's gross feeling though, I always thought I was just allergic to something when it showed up on my arm.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Panty and Stocking was amusing, but as soon as they started moving towards a plot as opposed to just comedy w/o continuity, they ended on a ludicrous twist and no second season. Is there zero hope of a second season?

I also watched the sub so it was less funny.
Time to watch the new episodes of Durarara I guess.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Panty and Stocking was amusing, but as soon as they started moving towards a plot as opposed to just comedy w/o continuity, they ended on a ludicrous twist and no second season. Is there zero hope of a second season?

The sub is 10 times better than the Dub. I hate the dub's voices, it's awful.
The plot twist at the end is supposed to be ignored lol, it's a joke ending

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus

you watch death parade?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Death Parade is the ****, the OP is awesome and the show is overall really good.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds how is the yoshi matchup for bowser? He told me it should be heavily in Yoshi's favor according to bowser mains but that he thought it was closer to even and I felt the same way. Yoshi's only strength in his grab is it's reach given how slow it is but I could generally space around it well as bowser. We played on FD first like 20+ games where he can use eggs heavily but I reflected way more than I even got hit by. We went to BF after and it didn't get any better. Could also counter armor his DJC shenanigans or space fair for safe pressure on his shield and to beat DJ armor attempts at like 30%.
It's a weird one. It feels completely awful to me - I drop games to a local Yoshi who is way, way below my skill level (and I bop him easily with any of my secondaries), but it's possible that I'm somehow just playing the MU wrong, or the local yoshi is just better at the MU than most others, or some other weirdness.

Now that my opinion is properly qualified and hedged, yeah, it's godawful. Yoshi's grab is not slow -- look at the frames on the dash grab. Avoiding that for Bowser is a total nightmare, especially when accounting for the additional threat of the command grab, Yoshi's DJC stuff, and Yoshi's own armor. The way I play Bowser is pretty trade-heavy, and Yoshi is one of a few characters that tend to beat Bowser in trading situations, which makes the MU extremely awkward for me to play.

The eggs aren't really a problem. The problem is that Yoshi out-trades Bowser, has an amazing grab (with amazing followups - notably uair), a solid command grab, and has a far better suite of smashes/kill moves than Bowser. In my opinion, it's just extremely difficult for Bowser to get any traction in the matchup; IMO it's one of his worst along with ROB and Ganon.

It doesn't help that Bowser doesn't really have any way to break Yoshi's doublejump armor, and is one of the worst characters in the game at footstooling. :/

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Infracted for stating the truth
Fixed for you SB.

It's like Superdumb. It's like "Let's have Roman Reigns win the Rumble and have him beat Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania instead of having that vanilla ******, Daniel Bryan, win even though he's over with the fans and everyone's rooting for him and booing Roman" dumb.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That show being dumb is the whole point/part of why it's so good, you lummox.
How do I combat loneliness.
With the knowledge that one is never truly alone, not while they yet draw breath on this insignificant little blue rock of a planet. You have us, for starters. :^)
Do not ever forget that.
There is ALWAYS hope.
<-Full Metal Panic fan who is being patient for the later light novels to get adapted

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You're dumb for posturing so much over a work of fiction.
:^)

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's a weird one. It feels completely awful to me - I drop games to a local Yoshi who is way, way below my skill level (and I bop him easily with any of my secondaries), but it's possible that I'm somehow just playing the MU wrong, or the local yoshi is just better at the MU than most others, or some other weirdness.

Now that my opinion is properly qualified and hedged, yeah, it's godawful. Yoshi's grab is not slow -- look at the frames on the dash grab. Avoiding that for Bowser is a total nightmare, especially when accounting for the additional threat of the command grab, Yoshi's DJC stuff, and Yoshi's own armor. The way I play Bowser is pretty trade-heavy, and Yoshi is one of a few characters that tend to beat Bowser in trading situations, which makes the MU extremely awkward for me to play.

The eggs aren't really a problem. The problem is that Yoshi out-trades Bowser, has an amazing grab (with amazing followups - notably uair), a solid command grab, and has a far better suite of smashes/kill moves than Bowser. In my opinion, it's just extremely difficult for Bowser to get any traction in the matchup; IMO it's one of his worst along with ROB and Ganon.

It doesn't help that Bowser doesn't really have any way to break Yoshi's doublejump armor, and is one of the worst characters in the game at footstooling. :/
But you can break his armor very easily with a spaced fair, at like 30 (maybe lower). Also nair out trades yoshi- if he cancels the DJ before nair hits him, he runs into your armor and loses, if he does it after nair hits his armor, he hits your armor and you both trade damage only. And dash attack seems to cover enough space where if you see yoshi go into the air, you can armor in with a late timing to beat his latest possible DJ cancel. And if he tries to wait any longer, he'd have to do a full double jump above your dash attack.
Dash grab doesn't even grab til frame 11 which isn't much for its only above-average reach compared to normal grabs. If anything his pivot grab is godlike being a frame faster with a backwards slide to make it safer while having the same reach.
I mean I'm not saying it's bad for Yoshi or anything like that, this is why I asked. I'm a waaay better player than him, but he isn't awful and was very well versed with his character and is a top player at LATech, but my matches with bowser, one lf my tertiaries, against his Yoshi main (almost exclusively, he has basically no seconds and we played like 24 hours of him as only Yoshi lol), it feels as if our matches should have been close if it was an awful match-up for bowser but that wasn't the case at all. Anything better for him than getting two stocked was rare.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Salt serve again tonight

I threw away a 3 stock game 2 (after winning game 1) vs a falcon/falco main. Fox/falco fod, I had a 3 stock, I have him off stage, miss edgeguard, get daired. Have him off stage again, side b off stage. Do it again. I was so frustrated because I NEVER do that, like I havent side b suicided in months. I ran it back to fountain because I didn't want him going falcon, I was just so mad at myself over sding that I played like ****, it went last hit last stock, he got the last hit. I'm not normally a salty guy, but like, **** man. Even he said he got Hella lucky. After I calmed down a bit I asked him for a 2 dollar MM runback because he was asking everyone one mms anyway, he said no and left >.>

Blargg. I played well today too, upset 1st/2 d seed in my pool, finally took a set off my training partner in bracket (I have a mental block vs him, his sheik normally has my number ) but damn that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I just want my run back damn it

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You lost. What makes you think you deserve to have one? You're most likely not gonna get it anyway kek.
See, this is why choosing to be salty is a mistake, like I said before.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There's gonna be a direct to dvd WWE x Flinstones movie.

Ok so I guess Flintstones fandom is a little before my/our time in terms of relevance with The Simpsons being the stand out sitcom cartoon family of the 90s-early 2000s, but to resurrect these characters after like 15 years just for WWE $$$ is pretty terrible just the same.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^It's self-aware in-joking, stop reacting as if we're taking it seriously.
God.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom