• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
TFW you plan a yugioh round robin between the weeklie TO staff during pools tonight, and order like 4 key cards to make your budget hero deck work. Ordered sunday, express shipping, still not here >.> RIP, i guess I'll get by with just dark law, idk how I'm supposed to make my hero deck work without absolute zero or acid lol

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
How do I avoid getting 4 stocked on netplay

I practice and I'm feeling good then but then I play against someone else and suddenly I feel like **** and cant do anything I practiced. Feels awful

Kati

Smash Lord
doesn't netplay have some lag? practicing your tech offline won't transfer as easily. It's difficult enough applying tech even after you've practiced it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
doesn't netplay have some lag? practicing your tech offline won't transfer as easily. It's difficult enough applying tech even after you've practiced it.
Depends
It can be amazing at times; horrid at other times.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
How do I avoid getting 4 stocked on netplay

I practice and I'm feeling good then but then I play against someone else and suddenly I feel like **** and cant do anything I practiced. Feels awful
This is pretty much how I feel when I play against other people in general. lol

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess I never thought of that

At my uni we play on a projector so the delay there is about the same as on netplay so it's a similar story there and I can't see if it makes any difference, but I'll keep that in mind

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yeah I guess I never thought of that

At my uni we play on a projector so the delay there is about the same as on netplay so it's a similar story there and I can't see if it makes any difference, but I'll keep that in mind
Your university should buy a CRT and split the signal.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So I had an aspiring upper tier player from LATech drive 2.5 hours to my place for 2 days worth of friendlies, meta discussion, and just general hangin' out. Over the course of this time I broke his Yoshi's shield about 8 times lmao. I even identifies when, as Jiggs, I was able to rest his shield for a break, pulled it off, then rest punished after I woke up lol.

@Odds_ how is the yoshi matchup for bowser? He told me it should be heavily in Yoshi's favor according to bowser mains but that he thought it was closer to even and I felt the same way. Yoshi's only strength in his grab is it's reach given how slow it is but I could generally space around it well as bowser. We played on FD first like 20+ games where he can use eggs heavily but I reflected way more than I even got hit by. We went to BF after and it didn't get any better. Could also counter armor his DJC shenanigans or space fair for safe pressure on his shield and to beat DJ armor attempts at like 30%.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Your university should buy a CRT and split the signal.
We've had talks of getting a CRT(among other things we've had plans for) but the current issue is trying to find someone whos willing to lug a CRT over to where we meet

But what do you mean about splitting the signal?

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
No, I mean--...

Sure, why not? ¦D
I can't decide which Smash is better suited for me. Throughout the few years of playing Melee and learning L-Canceling and Wave Dashing two years after Brawl came out... while playing Smash 4, there are some character changes that I don't like, such as Pikachu's Thunder being nerfed, Luigi not being able to do two B-airs in one short hop, Toon Link's D-air going through opponents as opposed to bouncing off of them, yet I really like Bowser in Smash 4. Darn it I got too carried away with buying Amiibo, but I wanted to have at least 8 of them.

Still, let's keep Project M alive!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So, PMS

how have your days been
If I had to put it in a single song, I'd say things have been like

*sigh* When is someone finally going to make an actually good extended remix of this song with a proper dark and foreboding overtone? It's so my favorite Classic tune.

Maybe I'll have to finally take a look at this FL Studio thing I've got, learn how it works and do it myself.

D

Deleted member

goddamnit you frippin weebs always ruining threads with your cisgender twist dressing cross harem boys

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I have to stay in alone tonight cuz of a thing tomorrow at 7a.

How do I combat loneliness. John Wick is cool but it's about to end. I have the dub of Wind Rises but I heard it was slooooowww as ****.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

*sigh* When is someone finally going to make an actually good extended remix of this song with a proper dark and foreboding overtone? It's so my favorite Classic tune.

Maybe I'll have to finally take a look at this FL Studio thing I've got, learn how it works and do it myself.
Sometimes it's what you have to do. For years and years, I've been waiting for a remix for certain Player Map themes from Fire Emblem 7, but never got it, but have something up in FLStudio floating around.
Not really done yet tho.
Make sure you look up good instrument samples and such that are better than what comes with installing FL Studio.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

How do I combat loneliness. John Wick is cool but it's about to end. I have the dub of Wind Rises but I heard it was slooooowww as ****.
Are you saying you're not a loner?
I deal with my loneliness by never actually being happy ayy lmao
Shut up nerd

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Going to a tourney tomorrow, hype/social anxiety!

drakargx

Smash Journeyman

I saw Wind Rises in theater with my family, I thought it would be more action oriented so I asked them to come

I was really interested into the story. It was slow but that's part of why I liked it. It told a story and didn't feel like it wasted too much time, nor did it try to rush ahead of itself. When the movie ended my family woke up and was like "yeah it was good yeah totally"

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Sonic CD's soundtrack is mostly excellent.

This track in particular, remembering it, it sounded more like it came out of Mega Man X1, 2 or 3 than the last zone of a Sonic game, even if it is about machines and such.

Top Bottom