• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You can probably punish Olimar better in P:M, if anything he's likely a weaker version of Ivy and Zelda although he seems pretty quick: probably not a good analogy.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
It's worth saying that not everyone plays the game the same way. Some characters may seem fun to some people and not others. Same thing for the different playstyles and stages, etc.

So it's kinda sad to see people give up on something because "eww it looks yucky' then to try it and get a real impression of it first.

When brawl was still new, I played it and tried to defend it and like it and everything. I wanted to find out more about it and it's metagame. I was open to all of it's potential. I played it for almost a full year before I made up my mind about it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's worth saying that not everyone plays the game the same way. Some characters may seem fun to some people and not others. Same thing for the different playstyles and stages, etc.

So it's kinda sad to see people give up on something because "eww it looks yucky' then to try it and get a real impression of it first.

When brawl was still new, I played it and tried to defend it and like it and everything. I wanted to find out more about it and it's metagame. I was open to all of it's potential. I played it for almost a full year before I made up my mind about it.

^^^10this

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl teams was fun, that was about it as the game got older

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bahahaha, no

I rarely did Double Wario with anyone. Double MK was fun though while it lasted, got some free wins due to that team.

I played really lame in teams with Wario (he's fun but pretty frustratingly good in teams). I was probably the best specifically at not eating unneccesary damage with him: I have matches where I don't lose my first stock for 4-5 minutes into the game. While still contributing damage and kills... Was muy bueno. The other guys probably didn't like it but hey gotta do what you gotta do

Teams overall is a fun mode for any smash game

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
so uhhhh once again i'd like to reach out to the people with good internet speed to please watch out and state any changes. please. again, i ask this on the basis that me and many (?) other people have bad internet and can't watch the stream without it being an incomplete slideshow

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Thanks to everyone who watched my stream today! Think I peaked out at 288, beats my old record by over 100%. I had fun, hope you guys did too. =]

If you want to watch more PM tomorrow, GMaster171 is going to do a 3.0 preview stream. Alternatively, the UK will be streaming a 2.6 tournament.

Fortress

Smash Master
Thanks to everyone who watched my stream today! Think I peaked out at 288, beats my old record by over 100%. I had fun, hope you guys did too. =]

If you want to watch more PM tomorrow, GMaster171 is going to do a 3.0 preview stream. Alternatively, the UK will be streaming a 2.6 tournament.
How do you only have, like, just under 400 likes for over 5k in messages, as one of the more prominent Tinks out there, and a power player on the boards? :(

Also, cool stream, broheim.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
man I don't even HAVE locals and I'm still inchin towards that 1k

too busy staring at videogames. speaking of which I saw KDJ's yoshi today, that was an experience

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Having a 4 person Lan for it on Sunday.
PARTY LIKE IT'S 1988!!!

Edit: 98....
lol

Editedit: The year Smash 64 came out too. Among other legendary games. WOOP

Editeditedit: You still play these days or what?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
question: are the character profiles going to come up before now and the release of 3.0? the profiles are always good for getting general gists of how you want ppl to play some characters

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Do other people feel like the characters that will do the best in turbo mode will be the ones with the best neutral game? So whoever can land that first hit is able to clench a stock?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Do other people feel like the characters that will do the best in turbo mode will be the ones with the best neutral game? So whoever can land that first hit is able to clench a stock?
It'll be slightly different because CC'ing will be a horrendous option; now, instead Marth getting CC punished for shffl'd aerials at low %s, Marth would theoretically be able to 0-death anyone who tries to CC against him, and IMO that goes for all characters who suffer from CC'ing. However, for the most part, I think you're right in that the fastest characters (or the characters with fast approaches, like Ike's QD attack) will have an edge in Turbo Mode.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Is turbo mode easy used to? From the moment it was announced to be playable, I always thought it was going to be pretty damn hard to get the hang of it.

Top Bottom