• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Falcon literally transcends the very notion of distance

Also premium members hosting convos can invite more people than non-premiums, iirc.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
USF4 neutral is beautiful.

Its the stupid needlessly hard links that make me hate it, it honestly needed MORE target combos and less like, 2 frame Jab>Jab links

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

Its the stupid needlessly hard links that make me hate it, it honestly needed MORE target combos and less like, 2 frame Jab>Jab links
You don't necessarily need them to git gud though. (for some characters anyway). But yea, 1f Links are obnoxious.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's 3.02 mario m2k vs junebug

mario was just dumb in neutral man pills were silly mario is a really cool character when there's not pills

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
For that one game (very specific) you guys were talking about just don't have shields. Work the clank system in such a way that certain moves, such as punches, clank with the other or do the animation but do no damage.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
For some reason Smashboards has decided today that it'd be a great idea to center all text in every post.

Is that just me or is that happening to anyone else?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
just play nothing but Hakan like me
I just plat decapre and hold down back

That way the only combos I really need to know are jump in/crouching jab>mp-hk target combo> Jump air grab> mixup, and cr. mk > uppercut. I get to do all the cool highlows/cross up games, wake up mix ups, etc while only knowing 2 combos. Yeah I could optimize it with FADC **** but ew, just let me combo into airthrows

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven

I don't know about target combos specifically, but the fact that I can actually do any combos at all in Omega edition makes me like it more by default.

If the inputs were as easy to do in 3rd Strike as they are in Omega I probably wouldn't play any other fighter.

Smash don't count.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Welp, I was trying to change some of my strm for Project M, and I'm now stuck listening to the entirety of Guilty Gear Isuka's OST.

Send help.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I can't stand links in SF4, which is why play Makoto. Nothing overly difficult, just simple mixups/command grab setups and fun combos with meter, doing massive damage and stun along the way. The only thing you have to get used to is your walk speed being garbage.

Sethlon is going to the ways of Guilty Gear.
So is Leffen.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ JOE! JOE! I can't believe you are letting everyone with an opinion contribute.

I made a computer say "hello world" and created a webpage with a picture and bolder words.

I'm like an awkward toaster and chainchom(mk. VI) rolled into one.

I'll await your acceptance patiently.

Edit: There was this Missouri stream with a chill as heck music pack. I really want it.

Last edited:

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
I can't stand links in SF4, which is why play Makoto. Nothing overly difficult, just simple mixups/command grab setups and fun combos with meter, doing massive damage and stun along the way. The only thing you have to get used to is your walk speed being garbage.

So is Leffen.
But your dash speed is lightning...
Had a few laggy 3rd Strike matches @ SpiderMad SpiderMad . His Chun could prolly bop my scrubby Chun offline.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
But your dash speed is lightning...
Dashing in with Makoto is rewarding, but risky and very easy to stop for many characters though because it goes so far, unless you did it after focusing a fireball or something. Walking is huge in a footsie-heavy game like SF. Even offensive characters that don't specialize footsies can suddenly become amazing at them because their blazing fast walk speeds let them weave in-and-out (Cammy, Akuma, Yun, Dudley).

Last edited:
Top Bottom