• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Wait wait guys you mother****ers are all missing the important **** right now

Did you guys see the new Fire Emblem trailer?

**** the maps, guys

They have FEET now

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Hold on Bleck, I keep getting caught on something reading your criticisms of Sonic titles. You say you want to be able to go fast, yet at the same time don't want to hold right to win. That the levels are mediocre platformers which only interfere with the concept of the title, which as you go on seems to be closer and closer to being "hold right to win by going fast", so exactly how would you fix them? If the middle-ground seems to be adding I platforms and obstacles to slow down the player and prevent them from just breaking the right function of their d-pad, then some Sonic titles certainly qualify as being pretty darn solid. The Sonic advance series comes to mind almost immediately as one that gave ample time to react to the levels and environments whilst still allowing you to go quite fast if you so chose. Granted, everything can be improved upon, but your main grievances seem to conflict with each other without offering any kind of readily available solution. Personally I would love to see much more of the levels at a time myself, increased awareness of the stage could probably solve half the issues you seem to have with it, as the goal is to move fast and the obstacles can be seen as a limiting skill factor which encourages replay value and the skill ceiling, provided they are reasonably placed, not purposefully placed to kill you before you see them. That particular point I agree with entirely, and happens to be one of my main issues with the series as well.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
They actually could of did feet in Awakening but they ran out of time in development and didn't know that the 3DS haf enough power for it till after the game was finished.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

**** the maps, guys

They have FEET now
what the hell did you think we were talking about

JOE!

Smash Hero
Goddamn I havent coded in so long...

gotta look through my old games for basic reminders on stuff for this new one lol

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Kneesocks master race in cuteness

Also dont use skype, it's trash use google hangouts

No lag and itdoesnt eat data the way skype does

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
So I read that if you use the hacked method of running pm, you can use an sd card larger than 2 gb.

I usb load to play pm, so does that mean I use the hacked method?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I read that if you use the hacked method of running pm, you can use an sd card larger than 2 gb.

I usb load to play pm, so does that mean I use the hacked method?
That'd be a big yup, as I do the same thing and I use a 4GB SDHC card for PM.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

**** the maps, guys

They have FEET now

Pretty sure the only important thing about that new Fire Emblem is this little delicious blueberry right here.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You just mad because you know ghangouts is superior to skype, just as knee socks are superior to foot paint
breh
i can be on youtube streamin dem vids, skype call, and netplay
wat is lag
you aint even apart of #PCmasterRACE
fraud

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
breh
i can be on youtube streamin dem vids, skype call, and netplay
wat is lag
you aint even apart of #PCmasterRACE
fraud
Skype just sucks though, for pretty much anything but video chatting, and ghangouts does that just as well if not better too.

It's just a clunky, dated tool that feels slow even on high-end systems. The UI is ugly and has little customization, and adding contacts and groups isn't a particularly well-built process.

Zoa

Smash Ace
So Skull Kid as a costume, Tingle as a character, and young Link sporting the Fierce Deity Mask as a super transformation in Hyrule Warriors. First sucks, second is hilarious, and third was completely unexpected.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Having no internet for a day made me miss out on a good majority of Superman-related ignorance. That could have been a fun conversation, but instead I'll chime in with a few things.

1) It's not the powers that he has, but how and why he uses them.

2) Superman's personality is not non-existent, nor at this point in his existence is he a Mary Sue. By now, Supes has earned the love or rancor that he has purely based upon his actions and unlike a true Mary Sue, he actually had to do things in order to affect these feelings. He wasn't just dropped into Metropolis/Earth one day and suddenly everyone loved him. Superman is Clark Kent much in the same way that Bruce Wayne is Batman. Clark Kent is the true self, and while he might be a little hokey, he's generally just a good person who wants to use the abilities he has for what he sees as good.

3) As Bleck stated, every comic book character has had to deal with crappy stories (Spider-Man One More Day, All-Star Batman & Robin, Tim Drake in Nu52's Teen Titans just to name a few.) with the exception of Squirrel-Girl because she's clearly the greatest character ever put to paper.

4) So far as being the worst written character of all time, Supes pales in comparison to All-Star Batman and Robin's Black Canary. Then again, it is a Frank Miller comic and ol Frank lives in a world where all women are whores by default. I'd also like to point to a good majority of the manga Bleach for bad writing, shouldn't need to explain that, but will if necessary.

Doing this based on memory, so if I missed anything feel free to let me know.

Skype just sucks though, for pretty much anything but video chatting, and ghangouts does that just as well if not better too.

It's just a clunky, dated tool that feels slow even on high-end systems. The UI is ugly and has little customization, and adding contacts and groups isn't a particularly well-built process.
I blame Microsoft's acquisition of Skype for starting it down that road of bad programs. Going down the way that MSN Messenger did. Whatever they touch turns to ****.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Having no internet for a day made me miss out on a good majority of Superman-related ignorance. That could have been a fun conversation, but instead I'll chime in with a few things.

1) It's not the powers that he has, but how and why he uses them.

2) Superman's personality is not non-existent, nor at this point in his existence is he a Mary Sue. By now, Supes has earned the love or rancor that he has purely based upon his actions and unlike a true Mary Sue, he actually had to do things in order to affect these feelings. He wasn't just dropped into Metropolis/Earth one day and suddenly everyone loved him. Superman is Clark Kent much in the same way that Bruce Wayne is Batman. Clark Kent is the true self, and while he might be a little hokey, he's generally just a good person who wants to use the abilities he has for what he sees as good.

3) As Bleck stated, every comic book character has had to deal with crappy stories (Spider-Man One More Day, All-Star Batman & Robin, Tim Drake in Nu52's Teen Titans just to name a few.) with the exception of Squirrel-Girl because she's clearly the greatest character ever put to paper.

4) So far as being the worst written character of all time, Supes pales in comparison to All-Star Batman and Robin's Black Canary. Then again, it is a Frank Miller comic and ol Frank lives in a world where all women are *****s by default. I'd also like to point to a good majority of the manga Bleach for bad writing, shouldn't need to explain that, but will if necessary.

Doing this based on memory, so if I missed anything feel free to let me know.

I blame Microsoft's acquisition of Skype for starting it down that road of bad programs. Going down the way that MSN Messenger did. Whatever they touch turns to ****.
Frank Miller is weird. He did a couple good Batman comics (Year One, TDKR) and then decided to go bat****. He's got that weird hate-on for Supes, too (TDKSA). Plus the whole weirdness he fell into with his politicality and bigorty. Bleh.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I should clarify that I said "usually" in my remark before. I'm genuinely interested in finding good stories with Supes in it, I just haven't stumbled across any outside of what I've personally owned/read at random (which admittedly has been sporadic over the years, as I've been more of a Marvel and everything else guy and not a DC one).

...and don't remind me of One More Day, or even Brand New Day. Hell, don't even remind me of Spidey post-Clone Saga. Ughhhh. That whole ****ing era of Marvel leading up to Heroes Reborn/Return was a mess.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Frank Miller is weird. He did a couple good Batman comics (Year One, TDKR) and then decided to go bat****. He's got that weird hate-on for Supes, too (TDKSA). Plus the whole weirdness he fell into with his politicality and bigorty. Bleh.
Year One is fantastic. The Dark Knight Returns is sort of iffy. It's good, but the book feels strange and it clearly isn't written as if it has or had any connection to Batman in any world except Frank's. His hatred for Superman I'll never understand, considering he was a guy that joined the I love America bandwagon after 9/11. Supes is more American than Apple Pie, Baseball, or Slacktivism.

I should clarify that I said "usually" in my remark before. I'm genuinely interested in finding good stories with Supes in it, I just haven't stumbled across any outside of what I've personally owned/read at random (which admittedly has been sporadic over the years, as I've been more of a Marvel and everything else guy and not a DC one).

...and don't remind me of One More Day, or even Brand New Day. Hell, don't even remind me of Spidey post-Clone Saga.

Smooth Criminal
That's fine. I wasn't singling you out, just replying based on memory. Far as Spidey goes though, Superior Spider-Man is and was pretty good.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Year One is fantastic. The Dark Knight Returns is sort of iffy. It's good, but the book feels strange and it clearly isn't written as if it has or had any connection to Batman in any world except Frank's. His hatred for Superman I'll never understand, considering he was a guy that joined the I love America bandwagon after 9/11. Supes is more American than Apple Pie, Baseball, or Slacktivism.
TDKR is definitely good but strange. TDKSA is just dumb. It's the weird Miller-canon again, but he pushes it even farther just to have old-man Batman beat up Supes again, which doesn't even make since. It was kind of cool in TDKR but it at least made some kind of sense then, both as far as execution and motivation.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's fine. I wasn't singling you out, just replying based on memory. Far as Spidey goes though, Superior Spider-Man is and was pretty good.
See, I know comics can be pulpy and ridiculous. Prone to change, too. I get that. But there's something about that whole "mindswap" that occurs in Superior that turns me off to the whole thing. It smacks of that whole bull**** stunt Marvel pulled with Ben Reilly and Peter Parker pre and post Clone Saga, only without the wishy-washyness of the whole ordeal.

If you could provide a differing opinion, and maybe a strong example or two, maybe I'll give a shot.

Smooth Criminal

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
See, I know comics can be pulpy and ridiculous. Prone to change, too. I get that. But there's something about that whole "mindswap" that occurs in Superior that turns me off to the whole thing. It smacks of that whole bull**** stunt Marvel pulled with Ben Reilly and Peter Parker pre and post Clone Saga, only without the wishy-washyness of the whole ordeal.

If you could provide a differing opinion, and maybe a strong example or two, maybe I'll give a shot.

Smooth Criminal
I haven't read all of it, but what I have seen of Superior was interesting. The idea that it's not just a mind-swap scenario is what seems most intriguing to me. Peter actually dies and based upon his memories, Doc Oct decides that he wants to be better than Peter, not just as Spider-Man but as Peter Parker. The ways that he goes about it are interesting and create lasting change (Until Joe Quesada gets a stick up his ass and decides to change it). For instance, he takes his life as Peter more seriously and finishes his doctorate, something that Peter didn't seem bothered to do. He also breaks off contact with Mary Jane and takes a very villainesque mindset towards being heroic. It was an amusing run if nothing else...though it's no Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've said "The Winner Is" so many times now. Damn S hissing is driving me nuts. What line do you guys prefer for victory?
"This game's winner is..." or "The winner is..."

Top Bottom