• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
All you guys bashing on Supes need to go read All-Star Superman

Like right now
I'm waiting

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The new Majoras Mask 3ds sold out before I woke up ;_;.

;_;

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This took a lot longer than I expected to finish, but asides from character calls, I've come up with announcer calls for everything (as far as I know) in PM. Once I finish character calls tomorrow, I will start working on the joke announcer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/pwnz0rz_man/sets/project-m-announcer

Please let me know what you think.

Still looking for a clean version of the Brawl sound brsar to replace things myself too. If anyone can point me in a good direction, I would appreciate it.

Oracle

Smash Master
@ Oracle Oracle What was that you were saying on SB's stream about techs being different from Melee?
Teching in pm cancels a lot of your momentum, whereas in melee you keep it. Thats why if you see fox dthrow someone in melee they tech away and go ultra far, whereas in pm its basically just snakes dthrow

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This took a lot longer than I expected to finish, but asides from character calls, I've come up with announcer calls for everything (as far as I know) in PM. Once I finish character calls tomorrow, I will start working on the joke announcer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/pwnz0rz_man/sets/project-m-announcer

Please let me know what you think.

Still looking for a clean version of the Brawl sound brsar to replace things myself too. If anyone can point me in a good direction, I would appreciate it.
It sounds like a really derpy version of the normal announcer.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Isn't the SmUsh announcer just a derpy version of the Brawl one though? It follows perfectly.

Really Hylian, sold out already because of the etching on the front?

I have to assume it is because the New 3DS is....well new.

The much cooler Link Between Worlds bundle (triforce on both the black back and gold front and gold inside) was around for a long time at a reasonable price, works thematically with any Zelda game and a better value too with the game included since this time around Americans aren't getting the Majora's Mask bundle like Europe.

I would have preferred a purple shaded (a good shade not gaudy) Majora 3DS XL with gold etching on the front.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Mask is lame

would rahter have 3ds with bigass moon on it juxtaposed by a tiny young link

In other news, we're starting a pms Splatoon clan when that game releases and everyone has already been conscripted

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
****, I know this sounds ridiculous but having the C-Stick for camera control in MM3D is pushing me to buy the damn thing.

I already have the ALBW 3DS though so this would be an extra stupid decision.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Y'think so? Well, I did plan on doing other voices with the announcer call thing (Non-Joke voices), this is mostly a first real attempt with the process.

Derpy good or derpy bad?
Idk, bad really. It's kind of just off kilter I guess.

****, I know this sounds ridiculous but having the C-Stick for camera control in MM3D is pushing me to buy the damn thing.

I already have the ALBW 3DS though so this would be an extra stupid decision.
I have the most kickass ideas for 3ds editions

Like the the one I thought of for smash 4 that had Master Hand facing down Mario,Link,Pikachu, and Samus

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
All you guys bashing on Supes need to go read All-Star Superman. Like right now. I'm waiting.
"If it had mattered to you, Luthor, you could have saved the world years ago." "...You're right."
A.-S.S. is based.
The little portions of maps we saw in the new FE already look better then almost anything in Awakening. There is hope.
There is always hope.
Super late reply, but if nintendo didn't want PM to exist, it'd be gone. Nintendo wants PM to exist because you need a copy of brawl to play it (not totally true, but most people use one), and they know PM fans are generally smash fans, and deleting PM would be an unpopular move. The reason PM isn't at apex is because nintendo is a sponsor, and nintendo literally would be legally forced to sue PM if they so much as acknowledge that they exist. This law exists so that companies can't entrap fan made things by encouraging it, then turning around and sueing them for all they are worth.,
Piracy.
/topic
*Boatmurdered snip*
...All burn.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Started season 2 of Jojo. The story twisted in a way I didn't expect, this is somehow getting even more interesting.

also wtf, jotaro is the epitome of the stupid "be assholes to girls because they like it" idea >.>

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Superman has like, eidetic memory. Him dying to doomsday was pretty bull, he could've just gone and camped in the sun for 10 minutes while the rest of the JLA got rekt and then beat him no problem.

Deus Ex Machina is too stronk.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Well yeah, Superman could have used the JLA as cannon fodder and then finished the job.

But then he wouldn't be heroic and it would go against his morality, he takes the hits because he can handle it and so others don't have to.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Can you go into any detail of what you feel could improve? I'm open to suggestions/criticism.
I think the problem he's talking about is that it kind of sounds like someone trying to put on a voice, instead of someone announcing something in their voice.

Beyond that, I'd say push up the low end a little in the EQ and add in some reverb to give it a more spacious feel.

EDIT: After relistening a little bit, it sounds like you're giving the voice extra room in your chest to make it sound bigger and lower, but you've got your jaw tightened up. That means that a lot of the enunciation is lost a little bit and the voice overall sounds a little compressed with the vowels not resonating nearly enough. For example, for "All-star mode", you kind of clamp down on "star", cutting down on the "a" sound and pushing out the "r" sooner, which pushes the sound down and tighter instead of big and open like announcers typically are.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Can you go into any detail of what you feel could improve? I'm open to suggestions/criticism.
It just doesnt seem like it has much of an impact as the normal one, along with being less deep?

Though, I really think you should try another style instead of trying to mimic the normal announcer. What's the point of making a new announcer voice if it's just gonna sound the same as the normal one?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I think the problem he's talking about is that it kind of sounds like someone trying to put on a voice, instead of someone announcing something in their voice.

Beyond that, I'd say push up the low end a little in the EQ and add in some reverb to give it a more spacious feel.

EDIT: After relistening a little bit, it sounds like you're giving the voice extra room in your chest to make it sound bigger and lower, but you've got your jaw tightened up. That means that a lot of the enunciation is lost a little bit and the voice overall sounds a little compressed with the vowels not resonating nearly enough. For example, for "All-star mode", you kind of clamp down on "star", cutting down on the "a" sound and pushing out the "r" sooner, which pushes the sound down and tighter instead of big and open like announcers typically are.
I intentionally didn't add any reverb or effects just so it would be the pure voice so far. I appreciate the criticisms and I'll take them under advisement for the next time I record. Although, I'm not intentionally locking my jaw for vocals, it's probably unintentionally from wisdom tooth cheek cutting pain, the comment probably fits nonetheless though.

It just doesnt seem like it has much of an impact as the normal one, along with being less deep?

Though, I really think you should try another style instead of trying to mimic the normal announcer. What's the point of making a new announcer voice if it's just gonna sound the same as the normal one?
Yeah, voice clearly isn't super deep. Not intentionally trying to mimic Cashman, maybe it's just coming out that way because he's stuck in my brain, like a virus. I'll work on a version that's more my normal voice. Thanks for the critique.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Just got done playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with my 5yo nephew. While we were playing, he suggested that we add a fourth move called "Eyeball" that gets defeated by scissors and rock, but beats paper. After explaining to him that eyeball would just be a worse scissors, his solution was to just make it so that eyeball could beat all rock, paper, and scissors. After I pointed out that that would be too good of a move and would make the other choices pointless, he got upset and left the room.

It's tough teaching casuals.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
@ Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man

There's plenty of things you can do to mod your voice, though, too.

For example, here's a version I whipped up in a couple minutes:
https://soundcloud.com/id%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252Fkyle-lueptow%252Fannouncer%252Fs-xkAwk%3Bsecret_token%3Ds-xkAwk%3Btrack_id%3D186081934
I did it in one take and obviously kind of rushed through it, but you can still get a pretty full-bodied sound. Most of that is just making sure that you keep the back of your throat wide as you talk like that from the chest. My voice isn't that deep either, but you can still get fairly close to that "announcer" effect if you want to.

(also reverb everywhere lol)

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
@ Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man

There's plenty of things you can do to mod your voice, though, too.

For example, here's a version I whipped up in a couple minutes:
https://soundcloud.com/id%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252Fkyle-lueptow%252Fannouncer%252Fs-xkAwk%3Bsecret_token%3Ds-xkAwk%3Btrack_id%3D186081934
I did it in one take and obviously kind of rushed through it, but you can still get a pretty full-bodied sound. Most of that is just making sure that you keep the back of your throat wide as you talk like that from the chest. My voice isn't that deep either, but you can still get fairly close to that "announcer" effect if you want to.

(also reverb everywhere lol)
Yeah, when I was doing it for practice, I made versions with reverb. Curious how the current ones will sound with reverb though now.

Thanks for showing that soundcloud can actually be directly embedded in forum posts too, I had no idea how to go about doing that.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord

Wait a sec, do you do audio engineering/mixing?

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Yeah dude.

Photoshop and audio engineering/mixing are two of my many, many hobbies.

Any particular reason?
I've been getting into audio engineering recently; I got Ableton and started this book called "Sound Reinforcement Handbook" from Yamaha yesterday. I don't really know much, or anyone else who is into it, so I'm kinda lost.

How long have you been doing audio, and do you have any examples of your stuff that I can check out?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The Bloody Roar announcer is the best, a quiet menace about him.
Y'know, this probably should have been a given, but you gave me an idea.

What does everyone want their PM announcer to sound like, if they got a brand new one for a later version? How should it sound? Should it be low-key? Enthusiastic? Deep?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well yeah, Superman could have used the JLA as cannon fodder and then finished the job.

But then he wouldn't be heroic and it would go against his morality, he takes the hits because he can handle it and so others don't have to.
They got wrecked anyway. With his "superior smarts" Superman could've just told the JLA to circle camp Doomsday and then go power up.

Edit -

What does everyone want their PM announcer to sound like, if they got a brand new one for a later version? How should it sound? Should it be low-key? Enthusiastic? Deep?
Do a jazz one. Y'know, from S@X TK Jazzy.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I've been getting into audio engineering recently; I got Ableton and started this book called "Sound Reinforcement Handbook" from Yamaha yesterday. I don't really know much, or anyone else who is into it, so I'm kinda lost.

How long have you been doing audio, and do you have any examples of your stuff that I can check out?
I'm no pro by any means, I just know my way around my workstation and have done some light recording and mastering of my own stuff. Most of the stuff that I have out in the wild is fairly old at this point, but my soundcloud is here if you really wanna see that stuff. Nothing very special there, though.

What I can give you is a ton of useful resources: an audio engineering friend of mine gave me a big folder of a ton of different audio textbook pdfs and more a while back. You can find that all in a Google Drive folder right here. Personally, I'd recommend starting with The Mixing Engineer's Handbook, by Bobby Owsinski, which is great. But, as you'll see, there's an abundance of resources there that should be more than enough to get you started.

I'm actually working on a little side project right now if you wanna hear something I'm currently working on. It's pretty rough at this point though, of course.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

WWE style announcing voiced by the classic anime narrator voice, Norio Wakamoto. for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tIi2Q_LWc

and I want all croud gasp to be more anime-like, because over the top anime gasps are the greatest thing ever.

Also was going through youtube favorites, @SpiderMad

Last edited:
Top Bottom