• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Idk I need Axe to come from behind me and move my hands with his to perform it better

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What's the shield dropping secret sauce? I can do it most of the time in the lab, but I'm not sure if I do better with a quarter circle motion, straight down, or down at an angle. What determines whether you shield drop, or spotdodge, or roll or whatever? @ standardtoaster standardtoaster @ SpiderMad SpiderMad @ ~Dad~ ~Dad~
Bring the control stick down something like 70% within 4-6 frames to shield drop.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
What's the shield dropping secret sauce? I can do it most of the time in the lab, but I'm not sure if I do better with a quarter circle motion, straight down, or down at an angle. What determines whether you shield drop, or spotdodge, or roll or whatever? @ standardtoaster standardtoaster @ SpiderMad SpiderMad @ ~Dad~ ~Dad~
From the wiki (basically what shairn says but with slightly more specific numbers)

: the player must move the control stick down to 68.75% of its maximum downwards angle in 6 frames without moving it past 70% of said angle in 4 frames.

(image may be for melee, though)

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I've moved to a point where I've accepted that the #OneUnit mentality isn't going to happen for a number of reasons and that it's an unrealistic and at times an unreasonable idea.

I don't care if people ignore the game I like. All I ask is for people not to deliberately destroy it and/or derive joy from it's destruction.

EDIT:
Also yes Xyro is an asshole, but is this news? He's said **** like this since WHOBO 5.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
From the wiki (basically what shairn says but with slightly more specific numbers)

: the player must move the control stick down to 68.75% of its maximum downwards angle in 6 frames without moving it past 70% of said angle in 4 frames.

(image may be for melee, though)
Yeah, given that dashing works differently than in Melee, I'm curious to know if shield dropping does as well.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Glide your control stick down in a smooth motion but not fast enough to do a smash attack. Imagine you're making your character do a brisk walk in a direction without running (except do this down).

Bazkip

Smash Master
Please don't link him here, but if the Facebook profile and wiki page were accurate it was a Texas TO who goes by the tag Xyro77
Oh yeah Xyro's a ****head, dude hates anything that isn't Brawl (and I guess now Smash 4).

Like when there was that panel on Smash at PAX or something he complained that it was unfair that all the panelists were only Melee players, even though that wasn't even remotely true.

Dude's just angry.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Was Xanadu streamed? Can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I think I need to go to Xanadu one of these days and just money match Swag.
I dunno why, but his Ike play makes me mad.

Although being 4.5 hours away... eh. Not a trip I'm willing to make out of the blue.
Should be happy Ike is doing well at all I suppose.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I turn on xanadu and the first thing I see in chat is Diddy hate.

I think Smash 4 Diddy hate is leaking back over onto PM. The inital Diddy hate that spawned from xanadu is because the only people that adapted and didn't let diddy get away with all the stupid **** they pulled were litterally just the people who played with june/joe and actually learned the counterplay. If the rest of MDVA tried to learn the item counterplay as well as SmashGod did, there would be no where near as much diddy hate as there is now.

June is playing fantastic right now, he is so smart, and it shows even more now that 1)more people in the region learned counterplay and 2) Diddy has commitment now so he can't just do things willy nilly.

Happy I can watch xanadu and enjoy it again lol.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Best stop while you guys are ahead cause name searching is a thing just saying so you can save yourself a headache. Also I seen the FB post and it's nothing new especially on the interwebs.

Smash is a great series that just happens to bring out the worst in people. People want to be treated like the big boys and hang with the FGC, yet don't want to act like adults in their own community (and I know it's not all, but still quite a number that it's started to become a problem), and it's part of the reason why I've started to drift away from Smash more and more as of late.The stupid "Hurhur, Project M isn't at X Event? **** YES, made my ****ing day!" **** is disgusting. But then we'll pretend like everything's cool when we actually get to the tournaments, right? I got your #oneunit right here. ┌∩┐
Pretty much. Ever since Brawl the smash fanbase has been bonkers up and down and is getting annoyed by it myself TBQH with some of the elitism from competitive players and even causal players (LMAO how is there causal elitism in the first place?). I just wanna play the games and help people out however I can but with the way nerds are people are gonna argue with each other over stuff till the end of time sadly which is a shame cause the smash community is strongest together, not apart and the oneunit thing is flawed like a mofo but at least we got a legit response from Jebailey on the matter of PM at CEO.

EDIT: Area promoting lol but Roll Tier 5 is on March 27th if you wanna some PM on and if your around my neck of the woods of the Midwest.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...l-event-with-2000-bonuses-bellevue-ne.372817/

Also somewhat relevant.

Last edited:

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I just press to the side a little then down a little really fast, so I guess like a semi circle?

The secret sauce is get drunk and practice it a lot. Shield dropping isn't too hard to do in PM but good god it's an amazing tool to have.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I forgot how nice it is to watch smash videos without commentary

my favorite xanadu in like months

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
nope not gonna happen

- mod

Knuckles deconfirmed
Time to tell the Smash 4 Social Thread
*sad music*

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Just because I play FFXIV more seriously than I play smash...

:<

plsnohatethoitskindarude

If I took smash anywhere near as seriously as I took FFXIV I would be a top player by now
Naw, I just wish they'd done/do a better job with XIV. I played it for a while starting at ARR launch (and played XI for a spell before that :x) and ultimately walked away disappointed by XIV despite wanting very much to enjoy it. To each their own though, and I did enjoy watching the vid.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Smash with no commentary is great from time to time. I find it's easier to follow what's going on on a deeper level than when there's a commentator that's (most often than not) distracting.

Smash with commentary but no music, however, is horrible. It...reeks of esports and sounds like tennis commentary.

Also what is it with texas people not liking commentary, lol. I swear half the people on tloc streams always go on about how they mute the stream cuz it's so bad, but I personally find tloc commentary the best. Wobbles, bwett, oracle, infinity, lunchables, awestin, nebtune, disafter, it doesn't matter who you guys put on the mic, I love it. I love me some homemade fresh commentary.

D

Deleted member

I love making awful jokes on commentary (HOWEVER INFINITY PUNS ARE WAY TOO FAR)

I'm funny right guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Most commentators grow on me if I continue to watch a stream. But I almost always start out hating new commentators.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Can someone explain to me why PMDT doesn't match up the analog stick to be 1:1 Melee? I understand that it might be complex and difficult to change, but it doesn't even seem like there is an effort towards it.

I understand that this game doesn't have to be exactly like Melee, but I feel like Melee Falco and Fox should feel and control the same as PM Fox and Falco as much as possible.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'd pay really good money for an infinity/Tafo streaming duo at apex for top 8. The puns would be unbearable, but just so right.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Because they control better in PM.
I don't know why we want to push the skill floor, that isn't an issue to anyone but salty players whose opinions are silly.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
And I'm here, as a melee falco main who likes melee fox too, waiting for a complete redesign for them in PM lmao.
I love making awful jokes on commentary (HOWEVER INFINITY PUNS ARE WAY TOO FAR)

I'm funny right guys
You're funny too dude.
And I like infinity's puns
so that probably discredits everything I say

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Incoming warning
never mind, averted

-----------------------------

Project M Social - 2 1
Smash 4 Social - 0

Awwww yissss guys

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Incoming warning

-----------------------------

Project M Social - 2
Smash 4 Social - 0

Awwww yissss guys
Shots Fired?
Shots Fired.
...Man, I need me a way to play Project M.
I want it badly. XD

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I see. We just gotta convince the SD remix guy to make the Melee analog stick equivalent to PM.

I understand that we shouldn't make it harder... It just feels so much easier to to stuff like waveshining in Melee, IDK why, maybe it is in my head.

A complete redesign of Falco seems unnecessary. Maybe if he had nerfed kill options or his combos didn't do such massive amounts of dmg, they wouldn't induce salt. Falco is just that really smooth bread and butter character, don't ever change those awesome pillar combos.
Shots Fired?
Shots Fired.
...Man, I need me a way to play Project M.
I want it badly. XD
You hate us only because you love us.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
What is this referring to?
Dude posted an unacceptable link again, but edited it out when he realized he shouldn't.
@ Bedoop Bedoop grats for realizing your mistake, and if ya gonna stay around, welcome! We're nice guys most of the time. Just a heads up, you better have a waifu or you'll be condemned to post wrestling gifs for eternity.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Dude posted an unacceptable link again, but edited it out when he realized he shouldn't.
@ Bedoop Bedoop grats for realizing your mistake, and if ya gonna stay around, welcome! We're nice guys most of the time. Just a heads up, you better have a waifu or you'll be condemned to post wrestling gifs for eternity.
Yeah but what's the scoreboard for

Top Bottom