• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
attraction is a social construct

before you yell at me it actually is, biologists have conducted field studies indicating that female fish (in this example) are more attracted to certain colors of males after alpha females also choose males of that color

now I hate when people randomly throw out "studies" and stuff without citing them so I'm guilty of doing that rn but I realized I'm probably not going to convince anyone in this thread with anything that don't already believe in so whatever.

gender is a spectrum, the gender dichotomy is a social construct, and your attraction towards anything is controlled by the society you grew up in

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I like your honesty.

But just to tell you, you probably shouldn't be talking about trans people as though they "were" whatever they were assigned at birth. I tell you this as a precaution for future interactions, please don't ever say that in front of a trans person because it's truthfully one of the most offensive things you can say without outright verbally harassing them.

I know it sounds crazy and horribly PC, but such words are basically an invalidation of their very identity, and that's not something you do to anyone.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Someone got the Leo IK up on YouTube. Hurry up and watch it before ASW cops come.

Also I lol'ed at this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
PootisKonga said:
I like your honesty.

But just to tell you, you probably shouldn't be talking about trans people as though they "were" whatever they were assigned at birth. I tell you this as a precaution for future interactions, please don't ever say that in front of a trans person because it's truthfully one of the most offensive things you can say without outright verbally harassing them.

I know it sounds crazy and horribly PC, but such words are basically an invalidation of their very identity, and that's not something you do to anyone.
I get you on that. My interactions with trans are next to none; most I remember is a trans art professor and honest to God, I couldn't tell you how the professor wanted to be identified. I only remember seeing self-portraits s/he did. I'm aware that some either can't afford to take up certain levels of surgery or choose not to but (and I'm gonna just stick to this) he had male parts and I still couldn't tell you what his preference was. Never talked to him enough to know.

I only say the things I do out of lack of experience more than anything and it goes for understanding sexuality as well. I have (or... had?) a lesbian roommate who not too long ago got into a relationship with a guy. She said that he was an awesome enough person for her to feel attraction and want to date him. I know that sexuality is hardly a black and white issue, but again just something I don't get around.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
nausicaa is kinda similar to monoke-hime but nausicaa just does it slightly better

also the fox squirrel is adorable

but like those two are my two favorites
Defs something I should look into, as is watching every Miyazaki film in general. Just didn't remember Nausicaa off the top of my head.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Nausicaa was really good, but Princess Mononoke will always be my favorite! It was the first Ghibli movie I ever saw, and I remember finding it really boring as a kid despite not remembering what it was about. I might've only seen a few parts of it actually, but I eventually rewatched it and fell in love. I actually just rewatched it again the other day.

Grave of the Fireflies is next on my anime list, right after I finish Gurren Lagann.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
So speaking of anime I got talked into watching Kill La Kill today.

...What the **** was I watching, and why was I enjoying it? O.o

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have yet to watch Kill La Kill and haven't even finished Gurren Lagan. Probably will do that after finishing monster.

Also this.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All my waifus are from video games :(

EDIT: Top 10 worst video games this year.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Labbing
perfect shield DI is horrifying, you can't space ANYTHING on shields and be safe if you don't have a sword
thankfully human levels of shield DI is only moderately scary.

I think it's really interesting that bananas have a constant damage regardless of normal/hard throws or a z drop. No other spawning projectile is like that, iirc. Then again bananas stale with the throws and not the bananas, Ie really fast and it stays for the next banana unless you hit them a lot or die.
Diddy lab work video inbound, by friday. Hype

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I tried the blaster platform jank, didn't record it,couldn't do it on yoshis. My blaster wavelands aren't crispy and I can't get the blaster right after I slip off the ledge. It's decently lenient tech frame wise, like 4 frames probably, but there's a lot of variables

Player -0

Smash Hero
I like potatoes.
I also like efficiently crushing my enemies into bloody pulps.
But mainly I like potatoes.
What kind of sig is that.

I expected either a funny quote from someone or something weird and funny. What monstrosity is this?

School is really dumb. Only 1/4 of what you learn are interesting things that could help you or you could possibly use in real life and the other 3/4 is sheer why. I swear school isn't
school
[skool] Spell Syllables
noun
an institution where instruction is given, especially to persons undercollege age:
The children are at school."

It's an attendance based criteria you have to meet to be able to apply for a job. The whole system is messed up. You can teach anyone basic mathematics and formulas but what you should be teaching is how to think. I agree, you should learn about history so you can learn from it and not repeat mistakes. Memorizing dates is not going to help you. Comprehension of why someone did something at that specific point in time will. If you know the concepts then you can find the formulas and results. Einstein had said these (not exact and don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure) words. Why hasn't school been changed at all? A person gets no work experience and (almost) nothing that helps them in real life. Grades are superficial and only matter for getting into colleges.

Continuing from that point why aren't teachers trained properly and actually required to be qualified to teach material on their subject. You have teachers that know next to NOTHING about their supposed FIELD THAT THEY WENT TO COLLEGE AND LEARNED ABOUT FOR AT LEAST 4 YEARS. Once teachers actually have to be qualified they should actually be paid and valued in modern society because they're literally the people teaching the people that will be prominent and hold power in the next 20 years (assuming no research in medical science is furthered to artificially improve lifespan).

#8yearoldrants

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Labbing
perfect shield DI is horrifying, you can't space ANYTHING on shields and be safe if you don't have a sword
thankfully human levels of shield DI is only moderately scary.

I think it's really interesting that bananas have a constant damage regardless of normal/hard throws or a z drop. No other spawning projectile is like that, iirc. Then again bananas stale with the throws and not the bananas, Ie really fast and it stays for the next banana unless you hit them a lot or die.
Diddy lab work video inbound, by friday. Hype

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I tried the blaster platform jank, didn't record it,couldn't do it on yoshis. My blaster wavelands aren't crispy and I can't get the blaster right after I slip off the ledge. It's decently lenient tech frame wise, like 4 frames probably, but there's a lot of variables
You mean shield SDI?

I thought Banana's damage vary with their velocity, making smash throws at blank range (and specifically D-throw on the ground) do the most; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zmVSGy4f4&list=PL2F0E17EE25F83164#t=72

Do it foo, I wouldn't say things were hard and have people record them (only having to perform it ONCE for that matter) if you could do it with just a minuscule amount of practice. It's a lot easier in comparison to the Ike one, which is like the hardest thing ever (and then I continue to ramble about the Smash continuum and what this all means, but I got finals).

Also who's that singer?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You mean shield SDI?

I thought Banana's damage vary with their velocity, making smash throws at blank range (and specifically D-throw on the ground) do the most; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zmVSGy4f4&list=PL2F0E17EE25F83164#t=72

Do it foo, I wouldn't say things were hard and have people record them (only having to perform it ONCE for that matter) if you could do it with just a miniscuale amount of practice. It's a lot easier in comparison to the Ike one, which is like the hardest thing ever x2 (and then I continue to ramble about the Smash continuum and what this all means, but I got finals).
Oh they might vary with velocity, Didn't really test anything but point blank. It could scale down with air time? I am 100% certain that z-drop bananas where the hitbox spawns on their shield has the same shield hitlag/shield stun as a thrown toss from both the side and above the shield. Z-drops from above were the same too.
It'll all be in the next Kourse in Kong Kollege.

But I dont like doing hard things just because they are hard, when its not a character I really enjoy playing >.> I don't like spending stupid amounts of time on techs that don't fit within the three important catagory traits moves need (usefulness in Neutral, Offence, and defense, to put it as plainly as possibly). Wolf's blaster WL's on platforms are actually obscenely good but I don't really care about my wolf anymore lol.

Player -0

Smash Hero
yeah this basically

the point of school isn't really to teach you things as much as it is to integrate you into a social web
I thought he was joking. That goes against the original intention of school. If it is for social purposes then dumb amounts of inefficiency.

I'm also replying to Bleck so either this could go to Bleck saying I'm dumb and the original topic being completely forgotten or Bleck saying a one liner that kind of really doesn't make sense at all.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
It'll all be in the next Kourse in Kong Kollege.
KKK coming back confirmed

Edit: I decided to spend like 45 seconds looking at how hard it is to get perfect shield ASDI without rolling, and it's similar to tilts in that you kinda have to move the stick slowly or something so that you don't roll
Which is somewhat annoying since it would be nice to have the full option available instantly, but oh well it's not -that- bad
Knowing how to do it will be useful for that d3 jab hold and charizard fire breath for sure

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
my other Kong Kollege videos are half out dated because they were about footstools on shield >.> I pretty much only make videos about shield pressure with diddy because its interesting and easy to actually get footage of, although there will be a recovery one coming up, and then one about options from the ledge.
I ****ing called it
Forte 2 Looks like its going to be a great event. Can't wait to see how far Tai does in PM, he's been adapting really really well to the PM MU's and half doesn't despise the game anymore. Axe didn't enter pm because he wants to win melee ;_; Won't split focus at big events, sad because his marth would run through so many people.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If I had a time machine I would be so hesitant to use it, because I could like, cause a butterfly effect by eating a fruit in the past that would cause Melee to never be made, and I would have ruined the world.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And Sakurai would have continued his previous ambitions on traffic directing

and seeing your AVI makes me wish that guy was singing that as part of a song

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I want a Wife, of any ethnicity, to make fresh Tortillas in the morning for me.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
If I had a time machine I would be so hesitant to use it, because I could like, cause a butterfly effect by eating a fruit in the past that would cause Melee to never be made, and I would have ruined the world.
Wait so that's a bad thing now?

I used to be really attractive at school, my classmates always approached me
to do their homework

Top Bottom