• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I just saw the Gen infinite omg i can stop laughing like HOW DO YOU MISS SOMETHING LIKE THAT
:laugh:
:joyful:
:rolleyes:
:upsidedown:
:smirk:
:laugh:
I mean I don't think Omega Mode is intended to be serious. The PMDT doesn't really care about Turbo Mode infinites for exampe.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You guys dont need secondaries to cover MU's, its not a good idea or mindset imo. Its not a bad idea to dabble in other characters or anything, or play your Bad MU from a character that does well in it so you know why they do well in it. "Make your characters bad match up your best match up."
Generally if you aren't playing a bad character, you have tools and counterplay to the opponent (unless the opponent is 3.02 M2 or any iteration of sonic) so you should be able to play the MU in your favor. Smash MU's are so dynamic compared to other fighting games, and generally people over-exaggerate match-ups and boil them down to too little. "Oh, shiek gets one grab on marth at zero, she regrabs to 30 and gets and ftilt? Punish game completely in her favor, 60/40 at best for marth." Idk, I've been reading all the character MU threads and its frustrating to read people say "I can't deal with X character in X situation, this MU is horrible, I need a secondary that wins X situation" instead of "I can't deal with X character in X situation, so I'm going to use Y tool that my character has to avoid X situation the best I can." This isn't smash exclusive, every community does stuff like this, but that doesn't make it okay or any less stupid or less inhibiting to growth. Its like people think characters are static in their playstyle and goals for every MU, and when the opposing character seems completely built to counteract that goal, instead of adapting their own play, they look for a different character with a different static goal.

This rant isn't directed at you guys though.

Idk, its just a horrible pattern that shows up in new players no matter how many times people make huge threads about it, and It rustles my jimmies that it hasn't been extinguished yet. I still see it in veteran Melee players, its just a scrubby mindset and I hate it.

I dont dislike secondary characters, picking secondaries is a legitimate strategy to win. I just hate the common motivation/intent behind it.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'll fite u m8. Wi-fi rigth? Give me a few days I'll let you know.

Just realized that you're in Canada, the lag well be real but I'm willing to try.
I aint in Canada mate lol hell yea hit my up anytime brah my wifi code is 0519-1238-6244

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why does Armada do Y Link vs Hbox? Aren't turnips good enough to deal with Jigs?

I bet Falco sweeps the Sonic matchup too. I take it back guys, Falco is more broken than Fox. The essence of evil in smash has taken many forms. In 64 it was invincible pika up-b. In Melee it was invincible shines. In brawl it was all of MK. In P:M it has taken the form of Falco's lasers.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
You guys dont need secondaries to cover MU's, its not a good idea or mindset imo. Its not a bad idea to dabble in other characters or anything, or play your Bad MU from a character that does well in it so you know why they do well in it. "Make your characters bad match up your best match up."
Generally if you aren't playing a bad character, you have tools and counterplay to the opponent (unless the opponent is 3.02 M2 or any iteration of sonic) so you should be able to play the MU in your favor. Smash MU's are so dynamic compared to other fighting games, and generally people over-exaggerate match-ups and boil them down to too little. "Oh, shiek gets one grab on marth at zero, she regrabs to 30 and gets and ftilt? Punish game completely in her favor, 60/40 at best for marth." Idk, I've been reading all the character MU threads and its frustrating to read people say "I can't deal with X character in X situation, this MU is horrible, I need a secondary that wins X situation" instead of "I can't deal with X character in X situation, so I'm going to use Y tool that my character has to avoid X situation the best I can." This isn't smash exclusive, every community does stuff like this, but that doesn't make it okay or any less stupid or less inhibiting to growth. Its like people think characters are static in their playstyle and goals for every MU, and when the opposing character seems completely built to counteract that goal, instead of adapting their own play, they look for a different character with a different static goal.

This rant isn't directed at you guys though.

Idk, its just a horrible pattern that shows up in new players no matter how many times people make huge threads about it, and It rustles my jimmies that it hasn't been extinguished yet. I still see it in veteran Melee players, its just a scrubby mindset and I hate it.

I dont dislike secondary characters, picking secondaries is a legitimate strategy to win. I just hate the common motivation/intent behind it.
Meanwhile I played Roy in melee as well.

Teehee.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Why does Armada do Y Link vs Hbox? Aren't turnips good enough to deal with Jigs?

I bet Falco sweeps the Sonic matchup too. I take it back guys, Falco is more broken than Fox. The essence of evil in smash has taken many forms. In 64 it was invincible pika up-b. In Melee it was invincible shines. In brawl it was all of MK. In P:M it has taken the form of Falco's lasers.
Falco's lasers were icing on the cake in melee

Paradoxium

Smash Master

Ok here is my stance on the Sonic vs Falco match up.

I almost always just go Falco against Sonic, like a lot of other people I know do. If you choose a character who doesn't have a good projectile, then Sonic can just endlessly run away and bait attacks. Falcos projectiles cant be clanked and they come out super quick, so they Lock down sonic's ground game. Now that sonic players cant do there endless baiting tactic they usually get crushed.

But I firmly believe that Sonic wins that match up, not even Falcos lasers can shut down his mobility. I think if the Sonic player wants to win vs Falco, they need to have excellent spacing and they have to punish falco for using any move that isn't laser. That's why I think sonic wins that match up.

On the topic of Falco, I think he is extremely overrated. I think the laser game is what gets everyone. Once you get past the lasers you start to realize that falco has a pretty poor burst range.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
1000 grand bar
It's 100 grand.

That's also my favorite candy bar.

My personal favorite will forever be pocky, but those were the options presented.
4/10
Good candy, but thin chocolate covered pretzels ain't worth my time.

Take 5 blows it out of the water.

Everyone agrees Butterfinger sucks right?
It's great chilled.

Other than that 6/10
any other bar preferred other than a heath

You guys are idiots

Crunch is most superior candy bat
8/10

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
It's 100 grand.

That's also my favorite candy bar.

4/10
Good candy, but thin chocolate covered pretzels ain't worth my time.

Take 5 blows it out of the water.

Who says I get it from the store.... |3

You better believe that ain't thin

.....woops doublepost.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There is no excuse to get Gayed as Falco is my main point.

Samus prolly wins vs Sonic. I mean tether invalidates everything. @Player -0

Not even sure if I want to kappa here

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Wait what? in PM it's still Fox's Up-smash, and seriously Sheik is more of a threat in PM than Falco. And Pika in 64 I'd argue was a mini-MK (or AKA Rat), unless you wanted to just say Kirby's up-tilt/dair.

Falco's lasers doing 1% or less from far away is pretty minimal. Last version ago we had this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFYbhaaUQ0&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=835 which even then I was handling them wrong (and not playing my best of/c) and unlike playing against Sonic or Puff or something I enjoy dealing with/figuring out stuff like 3.02's fireballs [after this I think I figured out you gotta DA off platform and plow through them with a punish, bananas generally aren't the answer]
[See end of match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFYbhaaUQ0&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=985 ]

And I'm not sure on my favorite candy bar
Trix is decent but lacks peanuts
Snickers is pretty good but makes me feel like I ate too much sugar pretty quick
Milkyway and Threemuskateers are both just decentish chocolate
Still can't determine if I like or dislike any candy bars with coconut

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But Shiek loses to Falco matchup wise, so why would I not Falco. 3.5 is Melee top tiers and a select few. Fox can have trouble with the other solid rush down characters now. Lasers are always godlike tho.

He can stack it up too.

Edit: when it pans out it is gonna be wolf isn't it.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
All you jabronis talkin' smack bout my Butterfingers, line up for your asswhoopings.

1393636565172.gif

I'm about to suplex ya'll from here to kingdom come.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
for real tho

The best candy is a 3 way tie between
Fruit gums

Black Jacks

and Aniseed Twists

british candy is top tier
don't even get me started on chocolate

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Armada goes YL vs Hbox because he is a stupid smart guy. It wasn't just a character CP (that MU is probably even, Hbox finally figured it out at evo), Armada struggled vs Hbox in particular because Hbox doesn't approach if he doesn't have to. When you play a character like Peach at a high level in melee you get used to people just wanting to rush you down (ie spacies), so you dont have to be the aggressor in neutral because you are always reacting to what offence they put out. Peach struggled with Puff because Puff controls the air space just as well (and puts out hitboxes better/faster in the specific MU) and doesn't have to approach at all, because peach can't hit puff with turnips if puff just full hops. Its rough. Armada developed a young link to force Hbox to approach, not as a character CP. And it worked really well for the first few tournaments he ran it at. Armada doesn't go YL vs other puffs, he didn't have to develop a counter for Mango's puff because mango plays aggressively (and mango switched characters but yeah).
Bombs are better vs jiggs than turnips, and YL is more mobile and has vertical mobility (key point) to deal with jiggs platform camping. Peach really struggles with people camping vertically against her (see, westballz top platform camping armada at MLG) because her double jump really sucks.
Its an example of CPing a character for situations that the main doesnt have answers for. Its also more of a best 3 out of 5 CP, so that you will always get at least 1 game on dreamland

B-but, sword characters are being big meanies to my main, wat do?
yeah GnW mains need to switch characters for Marth/Roy, 100%. There are some MU's like that where you HAVE to switch off, because the character doesn't have the tools for counterplay in the bad situations. (all GnW's problems would be solved if they ever made bacon really good, not just average)

I don't really like Candy that much, although I'd have to say Caramel Milky-ways, 3-musketeers, and twix ice-cream bars are top tier. its hard to go bad with chocolate.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Every character has combos, it's a part of the game. For falco it happens to be pillars.
I didn't say anything like that. someone just said that they had bad "close burst" options. Which is false.

Falco is a good character and undeniably so
But that doesn't mean the others suck lol

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
@ Candy/Chocolate
Hm
Pretzel M&Ms are pretty good.
I don't know if I could decide on an actual candy bar tho.
Maybe Kit Kat?

idk just my lowtier jailbait opinion

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Maybe taste wise
but twix don't have that nice wafer crispiness

Last edited:
Top Bottom