• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
No, you have Diddy-tron. And not only do you have Diddy-tron, but he comes in two colours (someone make more re-colors for me please).
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31734
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32787
I could spend hours discussing how amazing and inspiring I am to invent things such as glowing gloves, and light-up tail rings.
Someday super inspiration may beseech me once more, and I shall create another awesome Diddy texture.

Yo include me into these Skype lesson sessions Odds/Binary
When I first read this I thought it was going to be some kind of JonTron-Diddy Kong mutant hybrid. Thank god it wasn't.

Also I have 3 tests in a row tomorrow. FML

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
... Power creep is definitely a thing in, like, everything. I remember when the main character of this semi-popular series was able to take on giant gators without much effort and we called that cool. Now he and his friends would have died in .1 seconds by a human-sized monkey just trying to play games with them if they hadn't the forethought to create dummies of themselves to die for them.

And you know how in anime and manga everyone has the tendency to explain their powers just as they happen? Now the Big Bad of one popular manga has the ability to be immune to any ability so long as he knows how it works. No matter how powerful the ability is, apparently.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
And you know how in anime and manga everyone has the tendency to explain their powers just as they happen? Now the Big Bad of one popular manga has the ability to be immune to any ability so long as he knows how it works. No matter how powerful the ability is, apparently.
PMDT Please nerf. this ability should have the one frame of invincibility on start up taken off. Isn't it enough that it comes out frame one and isn't crouch cancleable? /kappa

MLGF

Smash Lord
Cat's 16 years old.
Trying to make him wear anything is impossible, grumpy ****.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Super shounen tends to all be stupid.

You gotta remember that shounen is a demographic, so when something is shounen, that means it was written to be consumed by children and young teens who can't understand or can ignore the flawed writing.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
one time I had a dream that I was rollerblading with Mewtwo and we were throwing shadow balls at each other

another time I had a dream that I was playing Digimon World 2 only to remember that I didn't own a Playstation and then I woke up

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Um... you guys are going to start giving me weird dreams.

Weirdos.

Who am I kidding, I don't even sleep. I just cuddle my pillow for 8 hours straight. It's not the same.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Bleach is iffy for me, but tbh I kinda like that kind of stuff. Anything over the top is just super enjoyable for me, though it may be because ASD of any degree is usually associated with a childlike mindset. If I took the time to look at it properly I'd probably see the flaws, but at the moment I just enjoy what's before me with only a mild recollection of what's happened before since I'm a big picture kind of person. But that's just me

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Super shounen tends to all be stupid.

You gotta remember that shounen is a demographic, so when something is shounen, that means it was written to be consumed by children and young teens who can't understand or can ignore the flawed writing.
Shounen doesn't all have to be just plain stupid though. Bleach just ends up being it. One Piece still manages to keep me entertained, though probably because the characters in One Piece were somewhat likeable, unlike a lot of those in Bleach for me.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Dear PMS friends

How the **** does one go about asking for a second date
You gotta handle this date like you handle a good drop kick. First thing is you gotta take charge, throw her against the ropes, get her attention, and when she comes back WHAM! Hit her with the kick and she'll hit the floor. Then she's yours.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You gotta handle this date like you handle a good drop kick. First thing is you gotta take charge, throw her against the ropes, get her attention, and when she comes back WHAM! Hit her with the kick and she'll hit the floor. Then she's yours.
I dont think so.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can't help but feel that having next gen fighters becoming more and more exclusive back and forth is gonna have a nasty adverse effect on tournaments as a whole sooner or later....

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I can't help but feel that having next gen fighters becoming more and more exclusive back and forth is gonna have a nasty adverse effect on tournaments as a whole sooner or later....
Not that I have any knowledge on this matter, but that could probably have something to do with game designers trying to differentiate their games and players having preferences as to what they like in their games. Hence exclusivity.

-
I feel like the amount of silly threads that get locked in the general pm forum everyday is higher than it should be lol, so many people trying to start up random threads.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Not that I have any knowledge on this matter, but that could probably have something to do with game designers trying to differentiate their games and players having preferences as to what they like in their games. Hence exclusivity.

-
I feel like the amount of silly threads that get locked in the general pm forum everyday is higher than it should be lol, so many people trying to start up random threads.
I would assume any games not put on the Xbone would be that way because Xbone can't support multi-platform gaming and PS4/PC might . I blame Microsoft for being stubborn ***** myself.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The reason SFV is not coming to XBone is because of Microsoft's policies on Cross play and how they won't allow cross play with Playstation users.
This is the same reason why Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is not on a Xbox console despite being on PS3/PS4/PC.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ss-lobbying-microsoft-for-cross-platform-play

Not the first time a silly policy from a 1st party console maker has denied us something.
Nintendo's family friendly policies have denied us quite a bit back then, like the first Clock Tower game, and the Famicom Detective Club series.

Basically back then, if a game contained or dealt with mature subject matters such as sex, murder, or crime, it either got heavily edited, or it stayed in Japan.... or was on Sega Genesis.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
You know what I want to know? Why some people take delight in slashing other peoples' inflatable decorations.

You know, because one of ours just got slashed open.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Spidermad2.jpg

Unfortunately I can't do the other one. The transparency of the object means that it's really difficult to get into another picture and keep it looking good. If I were to do that and make it look good, I'd probably be using that as a reference image and drawing it from scratch with image transparency... you'd probably need to pay me. There's almost definitely a better way, but I can't imagine a way that isn't at least somewhat time-consuming.

I hope this one is suitable though!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Nah brah. You give her the old Stunner.

1392576557425.gif

She'll be so impressed by your athletic prowess, she'll call you the next day after she wakes up from being knocked off her feet.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
... Power creep is definitely a thing in, like, everything. I remember when the main character of this semi-popular series was able to take on giant gators without much effort and we called that cool. Now he and his friends would have died in .1 seconds by a human-sized monkey just trying to play games with them if they hadn't the forethought to create dummies of themselves to die for them.

Hunter x hunter?

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Spooky santa is in full gear today

Also I love weird dreams. Once I had a dream when I was in a car with M2K in the middle of the desert and then it crashed, leaving M2K dead. Somebody tell me what it means

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It means you're gonna have to house m2k in the near future. Don't kill him, his marth is still very much needed for melee.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So I played a bit of UMvC3 yesterday and saw a high level match on Youtube, and I have to say that a lot of people get mad if you call someone out on using the same move over and over again.

I get that it takes skill to legitimately use projectiles the way pros do, and I get that it's the most efficient way to play. But just because it's done with a purpose doesn't make it more fun to deal with (looking at Morrigan here)

But apparently it's "scrubby" to call anything that involves controlling the entire screen at once via using the same projectile multiple times "spam"

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So I played a bit of UMvC3 yesterday and saw a high level match on Youtube, and I have to say that a lot of people get mad if you call someone out on using the same move over and over again.

I get that it takes skill to legitimately use projectiles the way pros do, and I get that it's the most efficient way to play. But just because it's done with a purpose doesn't make it more fun to deal with (looking at Morrigan here)

But apparently it's "scrubby" to call anything that involves controlling the entire screen at once via using the same projectile multiple times "spam"
Tbh, umvc3 is actually Spam: The Game

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Tbh, umvc3 is actually Spam: The Game
I saw someone try to tone it down by saying "Yeah, she's using the move multiple times. But it's her only projectile, so why wouldn't she?"

And it got more thumbs up than the people intelligently replying back as to why such a thing shouldn't be in a game

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

That's pretty dumb, yeah. I mean, spam is spam. Spam isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just usually annoying to play against. If it's done effectively, yeah it's really ****ing powerful. But multiples of the same projectile repeatedly is pretty much the definition of spam, it doesn't matter if it's a valid or effective tactic or not.

Top Bottom