• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
That's pretty dumb, yeah. I mean, spam is spam. Spam isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just usually annoying to play against. If it's done effectively, yeah it's really ****ing powerful. But multiples of the same projectile repeatedly is pretty much the definition of spam, it doesn't matter if it's a valid or effective tactic or not.
If it's a new player, it's spam
If it's a pro, it's zoning

That's their philosophy

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Dear PMS friends

How the **** does one go about asking for a second date
did you talk to her within 24hrs of the date and did you ever say I think that went great
wait 1 week

make sure u still texting

once those two requirements have been met, you are now eligible for date #2
Friggin put pms in front of name or death

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The FG double standard. Also with the Morridoom stuff it's a very powerful strategy and was made to counteract the random crazy nature that UMVC3 has to offer and since it's shuts down alot of characters and not alot of ways found to deal with it it pretty much became the meta.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Morridoom is a powerful core, but it still has its holes. The problem is when Vergil's in the back. Even if you manage to close the distance, Morrigan's difficult to hit confirm off of since she's always mobile and missiles will tag you if you do land a hit. Random **** that might happen to hit her during her zoning like Strider assist, random helm breakers, etc more often than not need X-Factor to kill her off. Normally it's worth it, but with Vergil just waiting in the sidelines, it becomes very risky. You have to choose between getting lamed out by Morrigan, or dealing with Dark Vergil without X-Factor. You're ****ed either way.

Dormammu and arguably Ammy both can fight Morrigan pretty well, but they both have huge problems with Vergil, and are difficult to fit in teams in the traditional sense.

But what do I know, I haven't played Marvel in like 2 years lmao.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Spamming the same move is an often used tactic within the strategy of zoning, but I wouldn't say it's the same thing at all.

Zoning is about safely creating space within a specific distance (often that doesn't mean across the whole screen) and then applying pressure based on reading your opponent. You use whatever moves in whatever order you need to do that not necessarily the same one.

Saying they are both the same thing isn't giving zoning enough credit when you use the same word that is used interchangeably with button mashing in most cases.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Oh we still doing weird dreams?
The only nightmare I remember was when an old lady was running around biting kids middle fingers off.
Then one night she showed up in my room. She jumped at me and tried to grab my hand, but I fought back and knocked to the floor, she stood up and was about to come at me again when Raymudo from from a show called Xiaolin Showdown jump from a poster on my wall and stood in between us.
Raymundo proceeded to jump kick the crazy b**** but she grabbed him by the leg and slammed him against the wall. He was instantly ko'd. The lady then grabbed my leg bit off my big toe..
When I woke up I started wiggling my toes and legitimately couldn't feel my big toe for like a minute.

BOOM. Get rektd by my s****y writing $cRuBz
got way too attached to this avatar, I can't just drop it now
Avatar Loyallist master race \o/.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I thought strength of mori-doom was doom missiles keeping you grounded so you can just super jump/fly during the duration of the Morgan super, plus chip damage, and the threat of Doom TAC combos+ vergil anchor with decent amounts of meter still in the back.

Its certainly more interesting than Zero May Cry: the movie

D

Deleted member

so i went on the tourney locator stream

saw sethlon/disafter (W) vs infinity/lunchables (L) in GF teams

asked oracle to tell lunchables to switch to roy

watched @Lunchables and infinity win 6 matches in a row and reset the bracket and win both sets

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

so satisfying

edit: and now infinity is popping off in the interview that lunchables switched to roy and dominated. which he did.

10/10 destruction

Last edited by a moderator:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ur all dum, UMVC3 is the only good fighter ever made and Lucky Star is the only good chinese cartoon ever made

Zoa

Smash Ace
I fail to see what's homosexual about slinging spheres made from the very essence of darkness at each other whilst riding atop dual miniature chariots fastened to one's feet
Wat. Shadow Ball isn't dark type. It's ghost type.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh we still doing weird dreams?
The only nightmare I remember was when an old lady was running around biting kids middle fingers off.
Then one night she showed up in my room. She jumped at me and tried to grab my hand, but I fought back and knocked to the floor, she stood up and was about to come at me again when Raymudo from from a show called Xiaolin Showdown jump from a poster on my wall and stood in between us.
Raymundo proceeded to jump kick the crazy b**** but she grabbed him by the leg and slammed him against the wall. He was instantly ko'd. The lady then grabbed my leg bit off my big toe..
When I woke up I started wiggling my toes and legitimately couldn't feel my big toe for like a minute.

BOOM. Get rektd by my s****y writing $cRuBz

Avatar Loyallist master race \o/.
Oh yeah stuff like this happens if something goes numb while you're dreaming

Once had a dream where a shark bit off my arm, woke up and couldn't feel it at all, panicked for a moment thinking my arm was really gone lol.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Wat. Shadow Ball isn't dark type. It's ghost type.
2spooky

so i went on the tourney locator stream

saw sethlon/disafter (W) vs infinity/lunchables (L) in GF teams

asked oracle to tell lunchables to switch to roy

watched @Lunchables and infinity win 6 matches in a row and reset the bracket and win both sets

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

so satisfying

edit: and now infinity is popping off in the interview that lunchables switched to roy and dominated. which he did.

10/10 destruction
After watching the ditto match of Lunchable and Sethlon, I'm surprised he doesn't go Roy more often. He ought to, it's aggro as **** and that's always fun to watch.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mooridoom in UMvC3 is heinously boring to watch. I thought the only thing good about EVO top 8 with that game was JWong surgically breaking through with Wolverine. That **** was mega hype to watch. But otherwise? It's not even a surprise that the game has apparently been losing steam for a while.

D

Deleted member

After watching the ditto match of Lunchable and Sethlon, I'm surprised he doesn't go Roy more often. He ought to, it's aggro as **** and that's always fun to watch.
lunchables was correct to pick roy purely due to the in-game conditions he was looking at. the opponents were both on relatively fragile characters with higher fall speed that roy can abuse, being fox and himself, and also with a teammate thats pretty good about not punting stocks early in metaknight. his best choice was to pick roy over TL for the increased punishment options since the only drawback is his vulnerability to shine spikes and the opposing fox wasn't good enough to do it reliably. ideally, lunchables should have spent his time killing fox, infinity should have tried to wall/stall sethlon out while lunchables killed his teammate for easier stocks while also partially assisting in killing fox faster, and incidentally infinity was doing that already so no real team adjustment needed to be made. even if lunchables fought sethlon more than he should have, the baseline strategy was solid enough that it would work with some flexibility.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
i wish the sweetspot of wario's up air gave the opponent gonorrhea, dealing damage over time

Bleck

Smash Master
"oh good they took vectoring out of the game so now I can land four or five up tilts on somebody every six seconds"

I hate all the ****in' mouthbreathing aspies that play videogames and I hate every ****ing company that panders to whatever dumb bull**** they ask for

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah stuff like this happens if something goes numb while you're dreaming
Once had a dream where a shark bit off my arm, woke up and couldn't feel it at all, panicked for a moment thinking my arm was really gone lol.
IT WAS SO SHCARY THO :sadeyes:

Mooridoom in UMvC3 is heinously boring to
watch. I thought the only thing good about EVO top 8 with that game was JWong surgically breaking through with Wolverine. That **** was mega hype to watch. But otherwise? It's not even a surprise that the game has apparently been losing steam for a while.
Chirst G bess Mooridoom because his matches don't put me to sleep as quickly~
when's Divekick as Evo main event
Señor footsies>>>Dive kick

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
You'd think there would be ways to express dislike without calling to attention a negative view on ASD individuals, particularly those of mid-to-high function

Bleck

Smash Master
I swear people on For Glory are stealing wifi from ther local Walmart or some s***.
yeah I love losing to ****in' scrublord lucina players who literally just side b and side smash and I can't do **** all about it 'cause their bootleg siberian internet reads my inputs after two goddamn seconds

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
yeah I love losing to ****in' scrublord lucina players who literally just side b and side smash and I can't do **** all about it 'cause their bootleg siberian internet reads my inputs after two goddamn seconds
And they said that netplay on the 3ds/WiiU would be better...

HA!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Why are we talking autism. There's more than enough "smashers are autistic" in r/Kappa. Using autism as an insult is like using râpe as an insult, it's just crass and base, and should not be accepted in the smash community. Especially when one of our top players is autistic.

ETA: Censor I'm trying to make a serious point quit bothering me

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Yes and yes.
You should have made her wait, before talking to her again... Unless she was the one who talked to you. And no saying I think that went well, you want her to that.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Name change request was sent, now what do I do?
Now you think of a slick title
Whats your new name gonna be? Just tail with pms in front? I always thought it would be funny if your name was head...lol

Top Bottom