• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
What is this

Bet: cannot make good edit to my gif with Santa hat

watch someone do an amazing job and be like O.O

And yes, yes that is a very good job
Don't say I never did anything for you.

...this is totally what you meant, right?
Alakaslam-sig.gif

Y'know, for half an hour and using really sub-optimal tools and methods, I think I did okay.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I need some validation on the term "pivot grab". I'm a resident 64 player so we might use the term "pivot grab" differently.

In 64, we literally execute a pivot and then a grab.

In PM, I can pivot -> grab.... I'm just so confused because a lot of people seem to be referring to dash -> turn-around grab.
Brawl made it so that dash -> turn around grab is called a pivot grab just for the sake of simplicity. The 64/melee pivots are called true pivots. The only way to do a brawl pivot grab in melee for example is by tree grabbing, which is crouching for 1 frame out of your run animation into a true pivot grab.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm the fox in that vid lol
lol whoops, be a good friend and dont let YoshiQ play white marth.

On a serious note, I only watched the first game, but try not to Roll away every time you whiff an aerial approach, that can get predictable and is punishable, dashing back is normally safer/flexible. Also grab ledge more when marth is offstage, refreshing ledge invincibility and just waiting to shine him out of Up-b or Bair him is easy edge guarding. You can then still punish his up-b landing lag with falling up-air from the ledge, or ledge dash upsmash.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Honestly a lot of me doing the rolls were attempts at wd oos haha. The venue we're in is the back room of a gaming store that has like no insulation at all. It's crazy cold all the time

No johns tho I guess

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what the **** are you lusers talking about, im not reading 4 pages

also, just registered for Pacific Northwest Regional, im entered as PMS (9) | Meiling

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Okay okay so I'm getting something really weird

I was trying to do some early aerial stuff that @ SpiderMad SpiderMad gave me. I know Tap Jump has a few buffer frames on it, but If you hit the C stick during your jump squat Any direction but up You'll get an instant double jump. It was messing me up for Ike things but Then I messed around with it for DJC characters, Yoshi and peach gets the DJC land shenanigans easy, I was doing DJland OoS Dsmash consistantly once I started letting go of the shield, and it makes frame perfect DJC aerials stupid easy for ness/Lucas/M2

Is this well known? I'd imagine something like this would be hard to not get seen by 8adge so is it new?

@ Hylian Hylian You're online, is this something thats always been there I just never dug around enough threads to find?
Yes this sounds familiar, but it'd be somewhere in the Lucas boards I believe. I only remember reading it, and then never testing it. Maybe it was Smashmods.

Glad you got Arizona people keepin you up to date on tap jump buffer
http://ask.fm/Mortality_Axe/answer/117123779929

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Bingo http://smashboards.com/threads/lucas-general-discussion.331649/page-11#post-15697996

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol I missed a final, got the date mixed up with a different class section.

RIP softie.

Badge

Smash Apprentice
Okay okay so I'm getting something really weird

I was trying to do some early aerial stuff that @ SpiderMad SpiderMad gave me. I know Tap Jump has a few buffer frames on it, but If you hit the C stick during your jump squat Any direction but up You'll get an instant double jump. It was messing me up for Ike things but Then I messed around with it for DJC characters, Yoshi and peach gets the DJC land shenanigans easy, I was doing DJland OoS Dsmash consistantly once I started letting go of the shield, and it makes frame perfect DJC aerials stupid easy for ness/Lucas/M2

Is this well known? I'd imagine something like this would be hard to not get seen by 8adge so is it new?

@ Hylian Hylian You're online, is this something thats always been there I just never dug around enough threads to find?
Discussion on and explanation for this. We don't usually use it for DJ-aerials because it's easier to just go Y->Tap Jump->C-Stick (which also gives you a frame perfect DJ due to Tap-jump buffering) than Tap Jump->C-Stick->C-Stick. (and for NAir you'd have to let go of the Control-Stick unless you have the C-Stick set to attack, so both work similarily badly - I just use Y->Y->A.)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lol I missed a final, got the date mixed up with a different class section.

RIP softie.
Holy **** dude. That definitely sucks..

I'm not sure what to say. They probs won't accept any johns, but you might as well try.

EDIT: it's really BS how they always ask for a doctor's note. I mean sometimes I just can't ****ing get up cuz of a massive headache, I don't need a doctor for that ****

Last edited:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Hes just going fast

4 out of 5 finals done, got the one i was worried about over with today only missing one question

One more day and i can waste time without feeling bad

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Woman love taking showers in boiling water... because it reminds them of hell
where they come from. Stolen from facebook

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Now you're just lying

Accept that Poo will always reject you and move on
My bad
It was 3 years
dood
I will end u if you keep trying disrespecting the relationship of poo and I

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
what's wrong with white Marth
The community doesn't like white marth for some dark reason. That's why no one ever seems to acknowledge The Moon

..It's the only marth color I like. Plus it's shiiiiiny in smash 4
Then again, I usually like all white recolors, 'cept for Yeti DK

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
The community doesn't like white marth for some dark reason. That's why no one ever seems to acknowledge The Moon

..It's the only marth color I like. Plus it's shiiiiiny in smash 4
Then again, I usually like all white recolors, 'cept for Yeti DK
Why can't you like black budy

Top Bottom