• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I find them handy. I also appreciate the statistics. Also why do we have so many lurkers on the thread. There's like 5 people I don't recognize.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Morning dweebs

I saw that Prince's craziness prompted a lot of discussion further and mech's radical views of everything in the world (many of which I share apparently) catalysted the chaotic fun.

Should I go back and read everything or was it mostly bull**** that won't benefit me? I am tired after all.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Morning dweebs

I saw that Prince's craziness prompted a lot of discussion further and mech's radical views of everything in the world (many of which I share apparently) catalysted the chaotic fun.

Should I go back and read everything or was it mostly bull**** that won't benefit me? I am tired after all.
You can never go back

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
>RWBY

Yes please

I can agree with ya
But Dude
The worst offender of what you just said, gotta be B Gata H Kei. The first EP was hiliarous and then EP2 came out...
Wat RWBY? I always forget these abbreviated names. If the W wasn't there, I woulda been like
Red blue yellow? We POKEMAN NOW!?
*ahem*
Without Weiss representing White it would be Red Black Yellow. Gen 5 mixed with Gen 1, apparently

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
fixed
also, can i join?
bring it meijing you little **** stain

I kid but ya mang. Also dude guys forreal wtf does RWBY stand for. Red something Blue Yellow?

edit: wait weird I don't remember wanting to kiss him I must've been drunk

edit 2: Ohhhh the roosterteeth show right right. Oh is this show cool? It looks like it may be cool.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
bring it meijing you little **** stain

I kid but ya mang. Also dude guys forreal wtf does RWBY stand for.

edit: wait weird I don't remember wanting to kiss him I must've been drunk
RWBY is an acronym for both the series main characters and their color schemes

Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long
Red, White, Black, Yellow

Edit: It's rather taste dependent, but IMO it is among the coolest shows I've seen

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Ill be busy after 15 minutes so hurry up, you or meiling, whichever that can play now

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
yeah i'd rather play you tonight or something kailex i'm just woken up and lazy. but i'll be ready.

Yeah i'm checking out the pilot episode fight right now. Super cool combat! I already love the red chick's gun-transforming-scythe. So ****ing rad.

But it does have a noticeable air of amateurity that has to be forgiven, but it is, because the combat and creative powers/abilities are **** that belongs in a blockbuster movie.

edit: got you now kailex. your mii's ****in hilarious. tell me who fares better tween you and poo, we'l fight later today/tonight

@ Yung Mei Yung Mei gimme your numbers whenever you want

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lmao no RWBY was very very far from one of the best shows I've seen. It was a proof of concept for grassroots western anime and it's definitely enjoyable, but it's not great at anything. There's shows with better pacing, it's got atrociously simple characters, poorly done drama, and like PS2 level animation (not prerended, in-game). That said, the action is pretty well done and the humour is more hit than it is miss. It's got cute grills and cool weapons and weird foot animations. The show is very much a mixed bag.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
zman already posted it
but MY GOD WATCH THIS SET
SO MUCH STYLE (starts in game 2)

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
So, I hate to be "that guy", but after playing 3.5 a little bit more, I feel like there was some bad decisions made here and there. It's overall still a decent build and probably the closest to Melee/the original project goal, but I get the impression that some characters were changed without regard for how a good number of players played the character, just regards for what made them "normal". I understand that and appreciate that, but I honestly feel like this is why some things need to be more transparent when developing the game; too much was changed too late in the meta. I spent a year and a half honing my ability to pressure with Lucas' magnet, and now it doesn't even freaking work. A whole niche of tech skill, all invalidated because people didn't want to just give the pressure some kind of drawback that wouldn't affect playstyle. I don't want magnet to be free as hell just to throw it out, but why is it basically unsafe to use it as before?

Half of 3.5 Lucas feels great, and I'm happy he got nerfed and isn't OP, but it hardly matters when all my playstyle practice got crapped on. As much as I was happy with 3.5 when it first came out and as much as characters like Samus, Bowser, and Ness seem great, Lucas just feels like half of what he was got thrown in the dumpster, with the other half remaining. I'm gonna play around with the build for a while longer still, but I'm beginning to worry I'm going to lose motivation to play the game. Not because I think Lucas is "bad" now, but just because as soon as I got decent with him and create a playstyle for myself and got a reputation, my playstyle became completely unviable. I could understand if magnet needed nerfs. Fine. +2 on shield is pretty dumb. But the solution isn't to make it -2 instead so that it's basically impossible to use it as anything but a slower combo shine you can opt to hold out. His recovery nerfs? Great. Totally necessary. OU/OUUsmash nerf? Definitely needed, perhaps more was needed. Dair nerf? absolutely. bair nerf? You have my vote. But those were things that didn't define Lucas as a character for me; they helped flavor his already present playstyle, which to me was insane mobility/mindgames/flashyness and pressuring the opponent into a bad position so you could combo them. I guess magnet pressure probably didn't define Lucas for a lot of people or something, but I still feel like my entire opinion as a player was completely invalidated. I don't win major tournaments, but I've placed well at regionals. What level do I have to reach to where the work I put in is seen as valuable?

As much as I hated 3.02 Zelda, I feel kind of bad for Zelda mains. She's been changed drastically in practically every build. Same goes for Sonic, despite how much I hate him too. I had a period where I stopped playing Lucas in 3.02 because I thought something like this might happen, but I trusted the words of the PMDT, which were mostly true. I'm sad to say though that Lucas lost a huge part of his identity. Congratulations, he plays like Falco with a crappier projectile and a horizontal shine, without the pressure and a janky upsmash.

Honestly though? I don't want to debate this, I don't want to have my Thanksgiving break filled up with long-winded posts filled with reasons why it "doesn't matter" that I can't play the way I'm used to, or be told that I was just a Lucas scrub who abused the character, even if my particular style wasn't abusive or dishonest compared to other Lucases who just ran around dairing into upsmash. I just want to vent this crap out somewhere until I can get some clarity in more gameplay or a "3.5b", I guess. I could be completely wrong and my perception is just emotionally affected right now, so forgive me if that's the case. Just kinda dumping my current thoughts here, trying to sift into some clarity through my own venting.

But as it stands right now, unless I "get used to" how he's supposed to play now in tandem with my old style, or figure something out, or have some good matches, or read some encouraging news about a patch, or SOMETHING changes, I don't see myself playing this game much longer. And that's REALLY sad, because in 3.02, you couldn't get me to say anything negative about PM except "3.02 has some jank stuff, but it'll get patched/fixed in 3.5". At this rate, I might as well just play Samus or some other Melee character who won't get touched much, but if that's the case, I still don't know if it's worth my effort.

Apologies for any hard feelings perceived. I just feel like crap about this whole scenario. I'm sorry. I also have been up like 22 hours (No-Sleep johns are legit). I'm going to sleep.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I don't hate Lucas with a burning passion anymore. It must mean that the PMDT did a good job.

Heck I even find him *GASP* fun now

Sonic is a lost cause

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Holy **** that was insane

ETA: I got greninjad by 3.5 Nerf salt

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That moment when you meet a new smasher who wants to get into the scene, and thinks he is really good because he beats all his brothers, says he is really technical
I 4 stock his falco with GnW in Melee and he left ;_;

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
While you might play "honest" and "fair" as the character, it doesn't matter when the rest of everyone can utilize everything that you weren't. Some people play to win, others play to have fun.

When your character completely overwhelms most of the cast, the other players aren't having so much fun playing the same mu for the 12th time today.

Welcome to having ridiculous tools in a game where things can be changed and jank can be removed.

Side:

My matches with every character in the cast as Roy has started by camping near the edge (if they don't spam projectiles), down throwing, down tilting, and then proceed to spike them at 16%.
Spikes are 2strong. Even though this is like a rest hitbox.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That moment when you meet a new smasher who wants to get into the scene, and thinks he is really good because he beats all his brothers, says he is really technical
I 4 stock his falco with GnW in Melee and he left ;_;
I haven't encountered a scenario like that at all yet. Most newer smashers I encounter state they suck, and for some reason like Melee more than PM.

I was sitting at a table with M2K, while this super new smasher was telling me about how he got into the game or something. He was new enough to not know who M2K was. I found that situation funny lol.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
zman already posted it
but MY GOD WATCH THIS SET
SO MUCH STYLE (starts in game 2)
oh my god who cares about fox v marth I say, I've seen a "good game" of fox v marth 1000 times. I thought PM 3.5 was all about diversity and balancing the underdog characters.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Why does magnet have an awkward first hit for it that wasn't in 3.02? Was that the minimal hitlag thing?

Also I feel like some of you are misinterpreting Eisen's post.

On a side note I am so done with with school.
I have been done with school and am being done with school. Done. Dafug do I have like 3 quizzes and 2 tests today? Seriously? No time to do one of them so far, no clue how to do half of another and the rest I haven't gotten to.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Why does magnet have an awkward first hit for it that wasn't in 3.02? Was that the minimal hitlag thing?

Also I feel like some of you are misinterpreting Eisen's post.

On a side note I am so done with with school.
I have been done with school and am being done with school. Done. Dafug do I have like 3 quizzes and 2 tests today? Seriously? No time to do one of them so far, no clue how to do half of another and the rest I haven't gotten to.
Probably a little, but tbh getting one hit and as long as you l cancel and can marginally aim = 0-death, mmm...

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
oh my god who cares about fox v marth I say, I've seen a "good game" of fox v marth 1000 times. I thought PM 3.5 was all about diversity and balancing the underdog characters.
Diversity doesn't mean you don't care about Melee characters.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Are we really gonna complain about Melee-related crap in PM again?
Grow up.

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Why are you getting all hostile with Soft over posting a link to a good match?
Get the stick out of your ass, we don't care how many times you've seen the matchup. We've seen it just as much.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sometimes I wish you would do what most of us do when complaints happen, mech. Ignore them and talk about making out with your waifu or something

Also is 50 shades of twilight fanfic still culturally relevant? It's just poorly written smut based on a poorly written book series. At least talk about cool fanfic like Dauntless by Allora Gale or something.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Both Mech and Warsaint make the mistake of treating Melee related crap like it doesn't belong in a PM discussion.

Those are characters in PM, who have their Melee properties for the most part and will be discussed in that context. it's not like when people ***** about how much Smash 4 sucks and it has nothing to do with our game.

Top Bottom