• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
DJ Nintendo won Melee Singles at BUST, I think

take that with a grain of salt, I just looked it up and it could very well be the wrong bracket

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I just hosted a tourney with a pretty low amount of entrants, but extremely high average level

TIL :
-Leffen is actually pretty chill irl
-I now understand why people who are late make TOs mad
-People don't care about brackets being online, they're just going to flock to your PC and never check the brackets online by themselves. The only people who do care about brackets being online are actually stream viewers.
-UCK/Salty Playground rocks ! My streaming PC overheated because I didn't realize I needed my notebook cooler when I'm streaming, UCK handled the whole streaming stuff himself brilliantly <3
-I'm too weak minded to actually quit Ivysaur despite my infinite rage against the Marth matchup.
-People who complain about 3.5 ZSS have no idea, she's fiiiine =P

I'm tired af right now
Leffen is a cool dude
People leaving mid bracket without telling anyone is even worse than them being late. I had a whole carpool leave after they all lost round 1, didn't say a word to us.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Leffen is a cool dude
People leaving miss bracket without telling anyone is even worse than them being late. I had a whole carpool leave after they all lost round 1, didn't say a word to us.
Dam dude U PMS 2
**** we taking over the world

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?
The winner of the next large tourney is gonna get talked about more anyway lol
It does matter because the winner is automatically seeded into bracket, skipping pools. This gives the winners of these tournaments huge advantages because they essentially avoid any killers early on in bracket that could potentially send them to losers, giving them huge disadvantages later on in bracket. To give some perspective, in Apex 2014 players like Chu Dat, Fuzzyness, SFAT, and Westballz all lost a set in pools, going into bracket on the losers side. In EVO 2014, KDJ lost early in pools, entering the main bracket in losers. Players like Aniolas, Salepate, and Aisengobay didn't even make it out of pools (EVO 2014 and Apex 2014 respectively). So for mid-tier and even some high-tier players, being automatically placed on the winners side of the main bracket can make a world of difference, and for those high-tier players, it could be the difference between 33rd place and Top 8.

Plus you win a free ticket, which would normally be a big deal for anyone not living in the East Coast, but BUST was in New England sooo...

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
( ͡° ͟ʖ ͡°)
That question was rhetorical, you blockhead.

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Anyone watch BUST yesterday? The Melee Games crew battle was so hype that I lost my voice lol but hey, this time my school won the NE Grand Finals, now we all get to go to APEX :grin:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The only bust that matters is the kind carried about by the fairer gender on a daily basis.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I found one of my professors from last year on grndr (pos app btw)

In other news, got the sapphire remake, I need suggestions for potential names, or I'll just name them after people in my smash scene
started treeko but boxing him first chance, doing a starter less run just because

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Home now, got back from a weekend of Smash at my friend's house, and just now from a tourney. It was the first time I used Wolf against actual people and the first time I played against people in 3.5; it was super fun. I entered as "Barry Manilow the Kush Overlord" and my friend entered as "Barry Manilow the Kush Darklord" and he played Ganon; it was the best.

I'm god awful in tourneys so I didn't get far (especially due to Side-B SDs; not only do they have a chance to happen from shine, but also from B-Reverse blaster) but it was so fun; I played my bud in Wolf vs Roy in friendlies, and that is seriously the most fun matchup in the game. I was playing so smart during them, more than I ever had to before.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
people who get like 5k posts so quickly are strange and scary

like I think I post pretty constantly but I've been here for two years and I've only just recently got past 2k. how do people spam posts so effortlessly

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I mean
It's the best iteration of Bowser so far (aside from PM /bias), but Bowser feels more like a wrestler known as the Koopa King rather than the real thing
It's mind-boggling

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Got a job so I'm really thinking about getting Alpha Sapphire. I'm all about that Swampert life. tbh every hoenn starter is great. only other time it's been like that was red/blue

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
>people who spam posts

didn't nausicaa have like 3k after joining in like 2013 before he left

edit: speaking of, I want to go through all of his essays in the tier list thread and make a sort of compendium of theorycrafting because he really was good at it.

edit: he only had 1k in like a year of posting

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I've finally decided to stop playing as like 10 characters in PM and just focus on 1 so I can actually improve as quickly as I did when I only played Falco in Melee instead of just gradually getting a little better with a bunch of characters.

But I can't decide between ZSS, Samus, or Wolf. Being unable to settle down and pick a main is literally the worst thing about Project M.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Starting to consistently get Bowser Bomb DJ cancel instant land on Yoshi's top platform despite the 1 frame window
Bowser for top tier 3.5

Top Bottom