• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
... Sonic gens colors and DX da heck wrong wif u

Poooooo is U not my waifu no mores DONT make me FEeLZ

Edit @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 U a fraud for not being a part of the selfie battle like U said u would
Alright dawg I got you here I go in a sec. Prepare to be killed by my kyoot face.

I just think its hilarious that we're battling for Poo's admiration as the only talkative grill as of late but boys will be boys.

edit: behold and quiver !

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Personally, as a crazy rabid FE fan, I love Ike in PM and his wild, blunt, and raw style mixed with his crazy QD motions, and moderate speed otherwise, feel really accurate to how he's described in the games.
You can only do so much with janky battle animations from the games, but Ike in PM does feel like Ike honestly and I'm wicked content with him.
As for Ganon complaints, seriously how much do Ganon fans want? He feels entirely unique to Falcon and has plenty of cool tools that feel like Ganon. From the float tricks, to the flame choke, nothing but that screams Ganondorf.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Personally, as a crazy rabid FE fan, I love Ike in PM and his wild, blunt, and raw style mixed with his crazy QD motions, and moderate speed otherwise, feel really accurate to how he's described in the games.
You can only do so much with janky battle animations from the games, but Ike in PM does feel like Ike honestly and I'm wicked content with him.
As for Ganon complaints, seriously how much do Ganon fans want? He feels entirely unique to Falcon and has plenty of cool tools that feel like Ganon. From the float tricks, to the flame choke, nothing but that screams Ganondorf.
I'm probably asking too much but I'd like it if literally every last one of his moves were unique to the point where there was positively no recognition as an initial CF clone. He still has a ton of moves that are just number-tweaked purpley versions of the cap'n and it bothers me still after all these years. If two characters are going to be alike in this way I think they need to at least exist in the same franchise (e.g. spacies, mario bros etc) which is why I thought it cool to give his CF-similar attributes to the new Black Shadow, effectively giving us two new characters to play with.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Black Shadow would be nice because he looks kinda like Batman.

I'm like the only person in the universe who would want BS in but have Ganon keep his current moveset.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
If we are discussing which characters should get in, I would set these requirements:

1) Original characters. Characters that can provide some new experiences, like Ice Climbers did with Melee.

2) Representation quota. Don't want a new Zelda nor Mario character. There should come characters from non-represented series or from less represented than desirable series.

That's why I don't want to see Lyn, but I would accept Ridley.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
If we are discussing which characters should get in, I would set these requirements:

1) Original characters.

2) Representation quota.
Coldsteel confirmed

No but for real, representation quota really isn't a huge deal for me. I'd be seriously gunning for more F-zero representation, but IMO Falcon does the job pretty damn well by himself. I'm for Lyn because I could imagine her moveset being hype as hell, and Isaac I see as offering something new to the table. Knuckles too (if done right).

Ridley would only fill that second category to me. I have no interest in playing as another flying dragon character, no matter how high his IQ may be.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
There's a difference between being able to reach the stage in terms of raw distance and having a linear/edge-guardable recovery. A lot of the recoveries in Melee reached far distances (Falcon kick, double jump), but most of them were pretty easy to read or edgeguard (Sheik teleport landing lag, Marth straight up recovery, etc.) and were pretty mediocre or just straight up bad. In that sense, it's not all too different to tethers now.
While many recoveries are linear (and quite a few aren't too) they allowed the characters to go high and attempt to recover after being hit off again or space well enough so they aren't hit at all. Tethers can only go low and if they're hit off they're pretty much dead no matter what. In addition to that only Olimar has a hitbox while tethering to the stage, making the already easy edgeguard even easier since the tether character can do "nothing" to prevent the edgeguarder from sitting on the ledge for free and getting the easy drop off Nair.

Since Zair tether characters can only tether once for Lucas if he cancels tether and shines but misses it turns the high risk high reward into a huge risk for him since his PKT2 is so easily edgeguarded.

I think the current tether system makes it so tether characters have little mixups vs. normal recoveries.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'll play ic till that gets patched
Alright dawg I got you here I go in a sec. Prepare to be killed by my kyoot face.

I just think its hilarious that we're battling for Poo's admiration as the only talkative grill as of late but boys will be boys.

edit: behold and quiver !
Poo likes to play hard to get and she no I like

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Guys pls take all CE character talk to its respective thread. I didn't escape the CE thread 6 months ago only for it to invade my only left refuge on smashboards

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Well, Lyn is actually another sword-based character from an over-represented series. That's why I couldn't support her. Isaac is pretty cool: original and from a non-represented franchise.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's talk about something else.

Preferably not about frame 1 projectile reflecting jump-cancellable non-CCable combo-starting aerial mobility stalling semi-spikes, if you please

Edit: Guess in one part of my mind I thought posting this here for giggles would be fun. Still keeping it, though

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
let's talk about Bowser

his shell is pretty spikey

I wouldn't want to accidentally step on him that would hurt

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Shadow the Edgehog sort of outlived his usefulness after dying in SA2 and then being forced back to life in order to carry guns instead of Chaos Control powers and now doesn't serve the role of either a rival or a friend, he's just sort of there.
I'm a bit late into this,but it's 100% true.I actually like Shadow no matter what anyone says,but he was really a one-trick pony(or one game pony.)They really should have left him dead,it being 'don't worry guys shadow's alive ' just takes everything away from the ending and really his character too.How is he even alive at all?

And Shadow the Hedgehog was a terrible endeavor.Shadow became so generic and violent it was stupid.The game's purpose to explain Shadow's 'backstory'(which can be thought out from SA2,though one thing is fuzzy),left more holes than it filled.
Then again,it's a good thing.The story is so muddled we can regard it as un-cannon.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, let's talk about something else.

Preferably not about frame 1 projectile reflecting jump-cancellable non-CCable combo-starting aerial mobility stalling semi-spikes, if you please

Edit: Guess in one part of my mind I thought posting this here for giggles would be fun. Still keeping it, though
Ike's sword taunt? :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
what even is sonic canon
The Whole Classic Era
Adventure
Adventure 2
Advance 1 & 2
Heroes
Battle
Advance 3
Rush
Ignore ShTH and 06 since they're ignored and never fully referenced (Aside from Crisis City in Generations)
Secret Rings
Rush Adventure
Ugh...Rivals 1 and 2...Yes, those are actually confirmed canon, as dumb as they are. It's how Silver still canonically exists.
Unleashed
Black Knight
Colors
Generations
Lost World

That's the safe route to generally go, anyway.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
The Whole Classic Era
Adventure
Adventure 2
Advance 1 & 2
Heroes
Battle
Advance 3
Rush
Ignore ShTH and 06 since they're ignored and never fully referenced (Aside from Crisis City in Generations)
Secret Rings
Rush Adventure
Ugh...Rivals 1 and 2...Yes, those are actually confirmed canon, as dumb as they are. It's how Silver still canonically exists.
Unleashed
Black Knight
Colors
Generations
Lost World

That's the safe route to generally go, anyway.
I think the better question is, does anybody care about Sonic canon at all? If they do, can we help them?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think the better question is, does anybody care about Sonic canon at all? If they do, can we help them?
Yes, I care. As in I care about the series having some form of canon that's actually interesting to follow.

Hence why I prefer the comics over the games nowadays. That and for the fact that Sonic really works better as a "character" than he does as a "video game character".

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic canon?
Meet the moon :troll:
There's an actual explanation for that. It's an incredibly ****ing stupid one, but it does exist. Straight from Takashi Iizuka himself. >>'

In this vid, Iizuka sas the moon is basically always showing it's "good side" in every game after Adventure 2, so we never see the side Eggman blew up.

...Yeah.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
There's an actual explanation for that. It's an incredibly ****ing stupid one, but it does exist. Straight from Takashi Iizuka himself. >>'

In this vid, Iizuka sas the moon is basically always showing it's "good side" in every game after Adventure 2, so we never see the side Eggman blew up.

...Yeah.
Oi

Adventure 2 was gud, dont give it **** DL:<

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Tbh, I kind of wonder why no one tried to get Ike a more faithful moveset. From what I understood, he'a actually supposes to be a really fast and mobile character, not a slow sword large power type guy.
But he's fighting people like Sonic, Diddy Kong, and... well, Marth. I do agree Sakurai's Ike is slower than I imagined, but the PM one seems about right.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I made this a while ago and I don't know what to do with it anymore so I'll just put it here.

D

Deleted member

Can we just discuss how the actual **** Tantalus is 18 years old

This means he was only 14 or 15 years old when he was an assistant TO for Pound V. What the ****
scott is like 26 lmao

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If he identifies as an 18 year old then so be it
Check your chronotypical privilege

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Wellp that was a thoroughly uncomfortable dentist appointment but what else could I expect?

What things should I do with my face while I can't feel it for the next hour?

Top Bottom