• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Lmao plz don't make a knuckles that can throw boulders. There's this ****ty psa of him that could do that my friends tried. It was so lame.
It would be bananas if he could throw boulders, though a DK with the ability to spawn and chuck barrels is a thing (I think it's in Brawl - ).
I'd be happy if Knux got into the game primarily with his skills from the Sonic Advance series. Punches, Dives, Glides, Climbs (Though that would be thuper broken), and possible the Shoryuken styled aerial attack from SA2/3 for Up B. Despite those games being pretty meh in stage design, the amount of skills he had were all pretty nice.

Yeah, he could have been a mostly well-executed character if they just had the balls to kill him off in the first place. I think even Sega at this point realizes that his existence is mostly extraneous with the Sonic-central direction they've mostly been taking the games in.
They keep putting Shadow in everything because he has a loyal fanbase for reasons I don't quite understand. I'm still annoyed that he gets special treatment and Sega treats Knuckles like this borderline ******** oaf who shows up because he wants to be included or wants to be cool. I miss the old days of Sonic 3 & Knuckles where he went around completing his goal without worrying about what others did.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
They keep putting Shadow in everything because he has a loyal fanbase for reasons I don't quite understand.
it's because sonic fans are mentally trapped in that exact period of time when you were thirteen that you thought shadow the hedgehog was the coolest **** in the world

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
it's because sonic fans are mentally trapped in that exact period of time when you were thirteen that you thought shadow the hedgehog was the coolest **** in the world
I don't understand the appeal of a character that tends to be functionally the same as the guy he's "cloned" from. Asides from the terrible mechanics for driving and the near useless ranged combat that took place in his game, he was just a Sonic minus one that said damn and tended towards amnesia in the games while his character developed. The only interesting things he ever did were "die" and kick Silver in the back of the head.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Shadow is a tsundere right
I'd say that label fits someone like Blaze more than Shadow. She actually does stop acting jerky and becomes nicer the more you get to know her.

Shadow is just a straight up jerk. He cares about saving the world because of Maria and his promise to her, end of story. In the games and in the Archie comics he cares about his mission in her honor and doesn't really care about anyone else in particular, not even Rouge on Team Dark.

Last edited:

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Dude when I was 13 (two years ago) I knew that Shadow in general was a ****ing joke (except for Generations mods. Those were cool.)

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Top 5
Isaac: 207.5 (200, 39, 12, 95.22%)
Ridley: 154.5 (168, 43, 35, 85.77%)
Ganondorf / Black Shadow: 117 (144, 32, 43, 80.37%)
Lyn: 106 (115, 46, 32, 83.42%)
K Rool: 89.5 (80, 51, 16, 89.12%)
The only one of these that are a good idea is making Ganon a unique moveset and adding Black Shadow as a second representation of the F-zero franchise. The other four are absurd and it makes me so
sincerely angry how shortsighted and unimaginative the sboards community is.

I will die on this sword.

Edit: The madness that forced me to escape the character discussion thread is leaking into the
sanctuary that is the PM social; it is a virus.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It makes you angry that great villains like Ridley and the overlooked King K. Rool are wanted by the community because you don't like them? Wii Fit Trainer may be more imaginative in the oddity of it but that doesn't make it a better character than they are.

Ganon is great now and I can't believe those character thread people are still pushing for a crap guy like Black Shadow for no other reason than to strip Ganon of everything that makes his 3.5 incarnation awesome. BS with OoT and Twilight inspired moves makes no sense, and few if anybody sincerely wants Black Shadow except as a clone to transfer the moveset to.

Having a character nobody likes is the worst idea of all of those, even though I don't even like Isaac.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It makes you angry that great villains like Ridley and the overlooked King K. Rool are wanted by the community because you don't like them? Wii Fit Trainer may be more imaginative in the oddity of it but that doesn't make it a better character than they are.

Ganon is great now and I can't believe those character thread people are still pushing for a crap guy like Black Shadow for no other reason than to strip Ganon of everything that makes his 3.5 incarnation awesome. BS with OoT and Twilight inspired moves makes no sense, and few if anybody sincerely wants Black Shadow except as a clone to transfer the moveset to.

Having a character nobody likes is the worst idea of all of those, even though I don't even like Isaac.
I want to get into this but then again I don't want to. I could go on and on, and I would if anything I said made a difference but I've been given recent proof that it doesn't, so screw it.

*commits seppuku in a flurry of cherry blossom petals*

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Toon Ganon I would be completely in favor of, if only because I know how much Ganon sword advocates would hate it despite being much more canon to his sword fighting style than any other incarnation ever and match Toon Link in style.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

The only one of these that are a good idea is making Ganon a unique moveset and adding Black Shadow as a second representation of the F-zero franchise. The other four are absurd and it makes me so
sincerely angry how shortsighted and unimaginative the sboards community is.

I will die on this sword.

Edit: The madness that forced me to escape the character discussion thread is leaking into the
sanctuary that is the PM social; it is a virus.
The only reason I postwd it was because people were saying that Shadow was highly desired. Personally out of all the tops, I only think that Isaac should make it in, but like last. I would much rather have Saki or something.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Goddamnit to think i've been waiting for tomorrow it's been 1 and a half year. Ya'll can hate smash 4 all you want, but ****'s gonna be hype

kalos league is just sooooooooo beautiful

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
The only reason I postwd it was because people were saying that Shadow was highly desired. Personally out of all the tops, I only think that Isaac should make it in, but like last. I would much rather have Saki or something.
dammit, if people are going to perpetuate this discussion I cannot resist.

Shadow I thought was a fine idea but then not because I think Shadow is necessarily a really cool character in any context but more because I think Sonic has enough close sidekicks and is a massive enough franchise that one seemed merited on the roster. It's a bias for sure, but I always considered Sonic to be fully adopted by the Nintendo family and nary regard him as a third-party character in the context of Smash like I do characters of Capcom, Namco, and Konami (and Rare?).

So that said, Shadow, Knuckles, or Tails would be fine. In fact I also for the longest time wanted Robotnic in there whom would be a heavy character that primarily stayed in his egg-hovercraft. You can imagine how much more I wanted this when I discovered Koopa Kid basically mimicked that concept confirming how well it could work. So yeah-- it's all about proper representation of a franchise based on its popularity balanced with its richness of characters. Likewise its also about avoiding oversaturation of a franchise with character concepts that are boringly redundant *COUGH COUGH FE SWORDIES COUGH*.

But initial point: Shadow is not particularly creative, but Sonic is a big enough world that it deserves another square on the roster, I feel.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
dammit, if people are going to perpetuate this discussion I cannot resist.

Shadow I thought was a fine idea but then not because I think Shadow is necessarily a really cool character in any context but more because I think Sonic has enough close sidekicks and is a massive enough franchise that one seemed merited on the roster. It's a bias for sure, but I always considered Sonic to be fully adopted by the Nintendo family and nary regard him as a third-party character in the context of Smash like I do characters of Capcom, Namco, and Konami (and Rare?).

So that said, Shadow, Knuckles, or Tails would be fine. In fact I also for the longest time wanted Robotnic in there whom would be a heavy character that primarily stayed in his egg-hovercraft. You can imagine how much more I wanted this when I discovered Koopa Kid basically mimicked that concept confirming how well it could work. So yeah-- it's all about proper representation of a franchise based on its popularity balanced with its richness of characters. Likewise its also about avoiding oversaturation of a franchise with character concepts that are boringly redundant *COUGH COUGH FE SWORDIES COUGH*.

But initial point: Shadow is not particularly creative, but Sonic is a big enough world that it deserves another square on the roster, I feel.
Tbh, I kind of wonder why no one tried to get Ike a more faithful moveset. From what I understood, he'a actually supposes to be a really fast and mobile character, not a slow sword large power type guy.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yo I loved Sonic Adventure 2 and I still do, for all it's jank and glitches and whatnot. It's bliss for me through and through.

Shadow looking back is just an unfunny joke, and I wish they kept him dead, because the ending of SA2 actually meant something and it wasn't the same ole "Yeah! We all win and everyones okay!" but they had to bring him back because $$$$$

I dont even think they made that much on Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 but whatever

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Tbh, I kind of wonder why no one tried to get Ike a more faithful moveset. From what I understood, he'a actually supposes to be a really fast and mobile character, not a slow sword large power type guy.
First and biggest reason is that the FE fanbase isn't as big as Zelda's.
And the other is that Ike isn't a clone like Ganon is.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Shadow the Edgehog sort of outlived his usefulness after dying in SA2 and then being forced back to life in order to carry guns instead of Chaos Control powers and now doesn't serve the role of either a rival or a friend, he's just sort of there.
This for sure, but then again everyone in that series is terrible now, no sonic game after SA2 exists for me haha, they're just all so bad, like I tried to keep liking the series but heroes was a let down and shadow's game just killed it for me, haven't bought a sonic game since :/

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I'm confused. Virtually the only saving grace making Ike distinct from Marth Roy and Lucina WAS the fact that his style was lumbering and powerful.

If Ike were "fast and mobile" he'd just be Marth or Roy with a headband!

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The Sonic franchise would be redeemed if they made a 500 episode long anime with a never ending succession of ever more powerful antagonists. Those are always really high quality productions..

..oh wait

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
holy **** pootiskonga thank you! replacing my initial link now.

edit: Now we're even. For that favor I did you.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
This for sure, but then again everyone in that series is terrible now, no sonic game after SA2 exists for me haha, they're just all so bad, like I tried to keep liking the series but heroes was a let down and shadow's game just killed it for me, haven't bought a sonic game since :/
... Sonic gens colors and DX da heck wrong wif u

Poooooo is U not my waifu no mores DONT make me FEeLZ

Edit @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 U a fraud for not being a part of the selfie battle like U said u would

Last edited:
Top Bottom