• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
i need to eat something sweet with my milk in order to go to sleep but i'm out of cereal and chocolate. I think I'm screwed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sleeping!!
Ah, 1-day hibernation. Always a valid method. I like the way you think, Warsaint. ¦<

I'll probably watch a good amount of anime and play a bunch of games and then do some arts for a bit.

The gaming part will definitely happen though, as I need to cleanse my mind and mouth of the horrid taste and disease Sonic Boom U & 3DS left behind in it after watching them in their entirety. Playthroughs of S3&K, both Adventures and Heroes, All the Advance games and Sonic Battle, then Colors and Generations to top it all off are highly imminent.

And probably Sonic: Before the Sequel and After the Sequel, too. I love those games. Especially AtS.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just Jungle Japes, which is the best choice for a stage to axe when you consider

A. Nobody likes that crap.

and

B. DK has a good amount of stage representation already.

All our favorite stages are safe...for now at least.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
oh speaking of internet, I can't do a speedtest now because I'm on my phone, but one time at like 2 am I got 170 mb up and down with like 2 ms ping
tybased college internet

but I'm paying 60k a year for it lmaooo

(not actually I have tons of financial aid but still)

King Bee

Smash Cadet
Oh, it's still in? Well dang, I had thought it was excised for copyright reasons. I guess the rumours of its death (that I started 3 minutes ago) were greatly exaggerated.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Why in hell did Warchamp have Saffron on page one of all stages. I'll probably just adjust the stage layout again when 3.5 comes out to my liking.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see that Dracula's Castle is still in, even if it's no longer on page 1. I've had a lot of fun on that stage, and I've always felt that it could be a really hype tournament stage if people warmed up to it more.

Also, I eagerly await the day that Shadow Moses finally gets remade into something else and stops being the worst Smash stage of all time.

Does anyone know if there any changes to Frigate Orpheon in 3.5?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
My guess is that other than Metal Cavern, the top row isn't meant to be tournament legal. Those stages are there for fun, so a total of 15 viable stages are present on Page 1.

The stages moved back to Page 2 are those that are considered semi-viable and have caused controversy because people will allow them just because they are there are now not an issue.

What's that about copyright?

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
So some kid said that his friend was like a top Falco in his state and that he would totally destroy me over wifi.

But your boy went in, I gave this ***** some punishment. mk vs Falco is so #FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hope mk still wrecks space animals in 3.5, I'm scared to see how hard he was nerfed ;_;

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, making statements like that won't make us more appealing to a larger demographic.

Like seriously, do we wanna go grassroots or pro? Make up your mind gents.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Does anyone here know why twitch would randomly not export a highlight to YouTube?

I've already determined the length of the highlight not to be an issue.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Thanks for the book suggestions guys, though some I've read before for school assignments (1984, A Clockwork Orange etc). Finished World War Z recently and it was an incredibly good read to my surprise. And I'm willing to bet the movie has nothing in common with it.

NUUUUUUUUU

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
You know what is suffering ? Knowing that when I wake up tomorrow it will still be thursday in the US, so I'll have to wait until I come back from work before downloading 3.5, and the site will probably be down so I don't know how long I'll have to wait before playing it.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Since everyone is doing these now:

You have no idea how happy this keeps me actually. I used to have 750kb/s download speed until only about 2 years ago, honestly probably less.

Also paying ~50-60 for this btw.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
how do y'all still say "no woman plays project m" when we had two sitting in the top for peach and pit respectively for a while

not really pit anymore tho, 'cause 3.0 pit happened. maybe she'll get it back once every other only-playing-for-money jerk picks another character now that he isn't a guaranteed top tier anymore

also hello there I was up all night and opted to shove more coffee down my throat instead of sleep

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

1 day after release and already people have found a game breaking bug in Sonic Boom. Knux can jump infinitely via pausing and holding a button. Never have I seen a IJPG in this day and age. The last game that I know that had it was Contra Force, and that game was never meant to be release.

On top of that, there is said to be another variation of the glitch via Sonic and his spin dash too.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
tbh, I'm excited for that glitch's existence. idgaf about the game otherwise, but now? it looks to be a fun as heck speedrun, because there's guaranteed to be more glitches like that eventually

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Get charter bro.

Edit: $50 a month for that internet speed is insane, you are getting super ripped off unless you also have tv/phone with that plan.

Double Edit: I'm sorry Ripple ;_;. I've had dsl my whole life until the past couple of years, so I feel your pain.

Triple Edit: College internet is always deceptive because so many people are using it at once and hogging bandwidth.
I can't even dream of speeds anywhere close to your speeds for that cost.
My city is monopolized by Time Warner. Don't really have other broadband options. $50 a month gets you up to 20 mbps download speed. Obviously Time Warner doesn't even get close to that on average. If I want internet as fast as yours (maybe) I would have to pay $70 a month.

Oh, and of course it gets even ****tier because it's Time Warner we're talking about here... that's just the price you pay for the first year.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
1 day after release and already people have found a game breaking bug in Sonic Boom. Knux can jump infinitely via pausing and holding a button. Never have I seen a IJPG in this day and age. The last game that I know that had it was Contra Force, and that game was never meant to be release.

On top of that, there is said to be another variation of the glitch via Sonic and his spin dash too.
Okami has one, it was released in 2006. It's just incredibly difficult to perform and requires you to be on your second playthrough or later, since it involves a skin changing item that you get after you beat the game. You basically jump, open the menu in midair, change a skin, then when you close the menu you have to input the dash then jump buttons quickly one after the other in a very tiny frame window.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I have a special appreciation for games that are hilariously bad. When the reviews come out and if Sonic Boom gets particularly abysmal reviews, I might be very tempted to pick it up.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
for context, I think donkey kong 64 is a great game, up until you try and play it glitchless. accidents in games can make them so much more fun (cough cough, nudges melee)

speaking of, people keep telling me the sonic boom show is hilarious but I haven't bothered to check? apparently eggman is a roomie with sonic at one point, so it can't be that bad. sounds almost archie comics-esque in ridiculousness you can giggle at

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I can't even dream of speeds anywhere close to your speeds for that cost.
My city is monopolized by Time Warner. Don't really have other broadband options. $50 a month gets you up to 20 mbps download speed. Obviously Time Warner doesn't even get close to that on average. If I want internet as fast as yours (maybe) I would have to pay $70 a month.

Oh, and of course it gets even ****tier because it's Time Warner we're talking about here... that's just the price you pay for the first year.
Same here, but we have two companies competing, at&t and Cox. There are quite literally no other choices, unless you're talking satellite. I checked every internet company I discovered and none of them, not even Time Warner or Comcast, exist here. Only at&t or Cox. Both of them go around $90-100 for 100mb/s, it's pretty sad. at&t is cheaper but quality is worse, Cox is insane but has good support and features.

King Bee

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, remember when Sonic Generations came out, and it was really good and well-made, and not at all a hideous unfinished glitchy mess, and it looked like Sega were recovering from the long dark age of Sonic and were finally learning their lessons and building up some goodwill among all their long-suffering fans?

Hey Sega, what are you doing with that blunderbuss? Oh no, put it down, you'll shoot yourself in the f-

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Hey guys, remember when Sonic Generations came out, and it was really good and well-made, and not at all a hideous unfinished glitchy mess, and it looked like Sega were recovering from the long dark age of Sonic and were finally learning their lessons and building up some goodwill among all their long-suffering fans?

Hey Sega, what are you doing with that blunderbuss? Oh no, put it down, you'll shoot yourself in the f-
Well, it's not entirely Sega's fault (other than hiring an unproven developer), as Big Red Button developed the game. So Sonic might have another good game come 2015. Maybe.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is something I just posted in another thread, that y'all will appreciate:
My Reaction to Playing P:M for the first time:

Top Bottom