• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
...MY INTERNET CURRENTLY COSTS FIFTY A MONTH

HYLIAN WHAT THE HELL
Get charter bro.

Edit: $50 a month for that internet speed is insane, you are getting super ripped off unless you also have tv/phone with that plan.

Double Edit: I'm sorry Ripple ;_;. I've had dsl my whole life until the past couple of years, so I feel your pain.

Triple Edit: College internet is always deceptive because so many people are using it at once and hogging bandwidth.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
charter is a wees away from rural ontario, I think

the best scenario I've found for my current house is FTTN 50 down for 70 bucks a month, so I think I am just going to find a way to steal your cable for the rest of my lifetime

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106

I just love this gfy so much. I will stare at it forever
someone explain this image to me. What move is dorf using, and why is there such insane knockback? And whats this from? Not the 3.5 trailer obv...

Fought a good yoshi in for glory, ****'s scary
me too actually, got beat.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
in stamina mode, you can have it so hitting the blast zone simply sets you on the other side, and you can also have set knockback on every move in it

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This may sound stupid, but can anyone recommend any good reads? Doesn't have to be fiction.
L'étranger by Camus, if you like existentialism

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson is my favorite series

The Black Company series is really cool

I never finished the Song of Ice and Fire series our the Runelords series, but they're really good reads

The Genevieve Dieudonne series is pretty cool

The Sword of Truth series is fun, if preachy

I'm not sure if the third Name of the Wind book or the third Iron Elves book is out yet, but both are really cool series

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
The yoshi you fought is a scrub warsaint, because youre scrubbier than him

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thank god warsaint just posted that

Edit: Local Gaming/LAN center here is hosting a PM tournament, and the first one they are doing with a cash prize (it's vague, $10 entry but prize is only listed as "cash prize") The first comment in our facebook group: "So how much Money is DMG gonna win?"

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I pay fifteen a month for my top tier internet.

Also, books?

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (all three of them) are fantastic. Be warned that the author is wordy as ****, almost to the point of pretentiousness.

The Dresden series by Jim Butcher is pretty good. It starts off pretty strong but kinda wanes a bit later, especially in recent books. The Codex Alara, also written by the same author, is cool.

The Eternal Guardians series is godlike...if you can find it. Pretty clever, and some parts will have you rolling.

Uhhhh. Mayor of Casterbridge, any kinda old school epic (Iliad and Beowulf, for example), anything by Neil Gaiman, Stephen King's Dark Tower series (**** you, I loved it)...

Oh, and Brian Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series. A lot of ya'll beat me to the punch on stuff like The Kingkiller Chronicles.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
was about to play MK8 out of boredom, found out that the first DLC pack's online now

time to wreck some nerds in a blue falcon

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@Vashimus
And I guess as long as we're including fanfic

What is Written in Blood by Seraphobia

We Walk the Banks of the River Archeron by Silent Watchman

Galton's Children by LVDB

Lelouch in Hell by funvince

El Dorado by He's Dangerous

Partners in Crime by RobinRocks

Fate/Geass: the Eden Vital War by AlfheimWanderer

Small Favors by ReynardFox

The Hill of Swords by gabriel blessing

The Colorless Green by Frog-kun

Control by glorysmile

Trust in God, or, the Riddle of Kyon by EliezerYudkowsky

Returning Echoes by silkendreammaid

Orchestrating the Silence by SerialRavist

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
After logging onto Smashboards after working for two days straight, I realized that the 3.5 trailer is up. And even though I had super high expectations for 3.5, my mind was blown again and again by the amount of awesomeness in this next update. And it's coming out tomorrow.

The return of Stamina mode is great, and the different options for that mode are amazing. Ganon's float/reflect is both cool and should make him much stronger in neutral. Zelda looks like a character that people will stop hating so much now. And I never realized that I actually wanted to play through Subspace Emissary with Project M mechanics until now.

Dear PMDT,

You are the ****ing best.

EDIT: Also, as someone who is very interested in improving the current PM stagelists, I have to say that the new Page 1 of stage selection is a massive improvement to the old one. I particularly love that GHZ has been brought to the bottom row, and that FD is now in the implied "counterpick" row alongside the new Norfair and all the best counterpick stages from 3.02. Hopefully, TOs will be influenced by the new (and greatly improved) layout of the stage selection screen when forming 3.5 stagelists. Also, I've always loved Frigate Orpheon, and I'm glad to see that on Page 1 as well.

EDIT EDIT: Wait, where's Dracula's Castle? I love that stage! Is it on page 2 now, or has it been removed?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wish this thread didn't die from like 2:30 to 6 am

It keeps me so entertained all day, I love you guys (and grills)

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I wish this thread didn't die from like 2:30 to 6 am

It keeps me so entertained all day, I love you guys (and grills)
you don't know the half of it, i'm almost always awake throughout the entire dead period. :(

edit:

man maybe I can't do pm til I upgrade...

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I might be late for the book stuff, but The Count of Monte Cristo has got to be the best story I've ever read/seen in any medium. It's also one of rare stories where I genuinely felt bad for the characters to the point of crying.

Although I'm not sure how the english translation is. I read it in french, and I'll probably start reading it again soon.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I might be late for the book stuff, but The Count of Monte Cristo has got to be the best story I've ever read/seen in any medium. It's also one of rare stories where I genuinely felt bad for the characters to the point of crying.

Although I'm not sure how the english translation is. I read it in french, and I'll probably start reading it again soon.
I've only seen the movie but I think about it all the time. Rough movie. Rough premise. Stressful.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'd like to mention this conversation I had with Frozen at guts while learning how to get wrecked by Mewtwo...
Clearly not word for word, I'm no M2K I can't memorize dat shiz.

Me: *casually asking, not thinking it'd be a big deal* "So, do you think you'll ever get SSE working?"
Frozen: "Dude, you have no idea. I don't think we'll ever be able to get it to work."
Me: "D:"

Well, I've been had, bamboozled, made a fool.
I need to learn how to get good at seeing when someone lies.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Y is your guise internet so OP.

Then again I only get this speed on wireless ;_;

My brother who has the LAN gets 100+

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Alrighty! Time to absolutely kill and slaughter all of the time in the world today so we can quickly get to Friday! =D

What'll you guys be doing?

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
This may sound stupid, but can anyone recommend any good reads? Doesn't have to be fiction.
The Lies of Locke Lamora.

Please don't read anything by Brandon Sanderson or Jim Butcher, they're godawful authors. The Dresden series is alright, if boring and insanely repetitive; but Codex Alera is unforgivable.

Top Bottom