• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
that's not even remotely the strangest TV show that's aired here, either

I mean, to put this into context: we made johnny test. that's not even on the bottom ten of bad cartoons from canada

here's a TV show about what I can only assume to be strange, horned creatures attempting to assimilate into society
HOLY **** OMG CANON!!!! I'VE WATCHED THIS BEFORE!!! THROWBACK WHAODAJDS

How I didn't see this atrocious animation style when I was younger .... *shivers* But Canada has had some weird shows and then some REALLY WEIRD SHOWS and then some actually good ones believe it or not.

Here's a weird one.

But this one was actually very good, minus maybe the flash animation
Had good characters and a fun enviroment.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
SJW Feminists would probably say how Power Power Girl's is trying to support the patriarchy or something while actual feminists would think it's a great episode.
Of course, seeing how vocal and crazy the former is, they would drown out the latter and probably cause PPG to be canceled or retooled to fit their craziness.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
poutines are made by the quebecois and my children's TV shows used to tell me they're pricks so don't eat those

actually speaking of those shows, I feel the need to show everyone that one of them used to pre-face the digimon movie on vhs/dvd:

not going to explain a single damn thing, enjoy Sociopathic Teen and the internal adventures of her imagining hurting a successful frenchie because she's a successful frenchie
why do i remember those cartoons, they either used to air in az or I had way to many VHS tapes as a kid. My god, I can't rag on current shows when **** like that was on, we just remember the good stuff and ignore the rest. Nostalgia goggles at the finest

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh yeah, who could remember such nostalgic times as "super-powered babies that poop a lot for a super power"

I genuinely refuse to make it past that intro, I don't care what any of you try on me

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
90s and 2000s also had a lot of stupid and short lived cartoons too.
Wasn't there a cartoon about Crime Fighting Sumo Wrestlers on nick that had a lot of butt cheek and dumb butt puns?

Found the name. Super Duper Sumos

This boxart has so many levels of wrong to it.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I liked cybersix but what was captain star?

also that ****ty mini toon before the digimon movie was super nostalgic, so dumb though. I feel sorry for my parents who took us.

@ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax I actually enjoyed 6teens. It's only a few years old isn't it?

edit: the angie anaconda thing was dumb not the digimon movie. I loved the movie even though I later found out it was 3 short films butchered together into a mutant nightmare of cinema.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I liked some things about it and I'm still more of an action cartoon watcher.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve what show were you talking about earlier liking? That new transformers right? With the ninjas? No...

Also what's this from? The 80s movie?
Im watching katanagatari because tinker told me to, its amazing
actually on the last episode right now, I don't normally binge this much but I had to.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So many old cartoons, just stop it, it brings back memories of... stuff, and I dont like it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Cartoon Network really was the GOAT back in the day. All the Cartoon Cartoon's were great, the Warner Bros. stuff was great, Boomerang was great... And Toonami was ****ing awesome. Terrible chinese cartoons for 4 hours every Saturday :')

Does anybody remember ThunderCats? I loved the **** outta that show watching it is one of my earliest memories from my childhood. That and recording episodes of Beast Wars on an old VHS tape that would randomly switch to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

That show was ****ing awful.
**** YOU MAN.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Off my planet.
Cartoon Network really was the GOAT back in the day. All the Cartoon Cartoon's were great, the Warner Bros. stuff was great, Boomerang was great... And Toonami was ****ing awesome. Terrible chinese cartoons for 4 hours every Saturday :')

Does anybody remember ThunderCats? I loved the **** outta that show watching it is one of my earliest memories from my childhood. That and recording episodes of Beast Wars on an old VHS tape that would randomly switch to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

**** YOU MAN.
Ed Edd & Eddy = Mario Fireball spam aka Trash.

Vashimus

Smash Master
And just like that, the Hey I'm Grump tier just earned a new member.

I'll need to update soon at this rate.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I don't recommend Katanagatari spp frequently because it sucks, you know. It's just a legitimately amazing show. Also omg UBW has the best pacing ever

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I liked cybersix but what was captain star?

also that ****ty mini toon before the digimon movie was super nostalgic, so dumb though. I feel sorry for my parents who took us.

@ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax I actually enjoyed 6teens. It's only a few years old isn't it?

edit: the angie anaconda thing was dumb not the digimon movie. I loved the movie even though I later found out it was 3 short films butchered together into a mutant nightmare of cinema.
Yeah I loved 6Teen. There was also this show Delilah and Julius I remember. But so many shows back in the day it's crazy.

Spongebob has dropped heavily in quality too :(

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Off my planet.
The episode about jawbreakers made me want an actual big jawbreaker, but usually you could only find the small ones (which is a good thing, we don't need choking hazards). Same goes for having White castle with a nice drink from Harold and Kumar.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yeah Katanagatari was great. I'd probably put it in with Ippo at A tier in my anime tier list. Pretty cool show, left a ton of strings open although I guess that was part of the point of the show.
The ending wasn't super satisfying, it works though because the whole plot seemed to rotate about people's stories not ending how they wanted, or in dissatisfying ways.
I wish they had just boned though, for reals.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Two flat tires in eight months. I drive less than ten miles a day, on average. What the hell.
Not nearly as bad, but I've had my tires checked four times now and the tire pressure on my front-right still leaks and gets low after two weeks. I also drive about that much as well. Still, that's ****ed up.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah Katanagatari was great. I'd probably put it in with Ippo at A tier in my anime tier list. Pretty cool show, left a ton of strings open although I guess that was part of the point of the show.
The ending wasn't super satisfying, it works though because the whole plot seemed to rotate about people's stories not ending how they wanted, or in dissatisfying ways.
I wish they had just boned though, for reals.
That's basically the theme of the show, yeah. It's basically commentary on romanticism.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I tried to watch bakemonogatari once, but I got tired of pausing every three seconds to read the flashcards on the screen so I stopped watching it

Bazkip

Smash Master
Real talk Recess was the greatest (comedic) cartoon of all time.

Best actual cartoons of all time are Avatar and Young Justice.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So speaking of Canada what's some food dishes and snacks that you guys have up there that we don't have as a norm down here in the states?
To give you a serious answer... well, it really depends where you are I think.

I've been to a grocery store in the States, and there were so many different foods and food brands that I've never seen where I'm from. And so much variety. Like, chocolate bars I've never seen before to exotic cereal flavours (Peanut Butter Captain Crunch!? Wtf!? And then others like Trix which I haven't seen in like 10+ years) -- I was like freaking out over this. My backpack was full of different flavours of cereals that we don't have here and other crap (damn airport security confiscated my exotic juice boxes! Lol, I know, I wasn't thinking). Okay, I could go on but they had these cereals in huge dog bags. Is that a thing down there? Too bad I couldn't fit one in my backpack/suitcase lol.

I'm sorry, I know I should appreciate more than grocery stores when I visit new cites, but even the littlest discoveries freak me out. And I'm still in shock today.

Anyway, where I live beaver tails (fried dough pastry) are REALLY popular... In fact, a mall near me used to sell them at the food court. There is a pastry chain that makes them, so there may be select US cities that sell them, at the very least. But eating those things after all these years... yeah, I could definitely tell they changed the pastry's recipe a little. YOU DON'T CHANGE RECIPES OF MY FAVE FOODS THAT I'VE BEEN EATING FOR 10+ YEARS!!

I suppose there's exotic meats and other dishes you could get, depending on where you are and the culture. I've been to an Aboriginal festival one year, and I tried a bison burger (I don't usually eat red meat, but only on select occasions. It's mostly because I'm not fond of meat, though I like chicken and some fish). I thought the burger was decent... can't remember if I tried anything else. I'm sure Inuit dishes would be a lot more different. btw, recently I found out that I have a cousin living in the Yukon, so it's my mission that I'll go visit him someday... and seeing the rest of the territories would be pretty cool (pun intended).

Oh yeah and if I ever visit the Yukon, you can bet that I'll be singing this song:

^ the cartoons I used to watch as a kid... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

back in my day we used to watch popeye lay down the pipe and we'd all get pumped up and go outside and beat the **** out of each other, and if you didn't eat your veggies everyone know your ass was weak and you got your ass beat every day

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
They took away Popeye's pipe in that otherwise great CGI Genndy Tartakovsky proof of concept for the movie.

Popeye not having it feels so wrong even if they don't have him smoke from it at all.

Damn *insert group responsible* for that kind of thinking.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Looking for a job in your field only to find people only offering jobs for people with 6-10yrs experience in sr positions is the most frustrating ****

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Courage the Cowardly Dog best cartoon

I find it funny that as cartoons grow less violent, the children watching them become more so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom