• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
GHNeko, the thread destroyer.

That everyone deserves.

Edit: Anyone like/play DotA2?
Loved Dota, played it about as much as the infinite number of tower defenses in wc3, however these days I mostly play Smite when I find myself in the moba mood. Something about a moba that revolves completely around skill-shots really breathed some life back into the genre for me. Though a fair bit of the recent gods have been horribly designed.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Thriller music started playing outside the cafeteria. Like 8 physics students started doing the thriller dance, haha. There's also two guys eating lunch wearing a batman and superman costume. College Halloween is cool
Same here haha. I've seen Spiderman, Dracula, Pikachu, Ash and a Captain Falcon.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

This is on the P:M YouTube page, I suspect I'm seeing Ivysaur and Lucario. Do you guys think this has anything to do with the announcement made at the end of the last Turbo Tuesday video?

Charizard is also visible at the top. It'd be cool to see a pokemon battle turbo mode or something next week. Dunno how it will be TRULY UNLEASHED though.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Charizard is also visible at the top. It'd be cool to see a pokemon battle turbo mode or something next week. Dunno how it will be TRULY UNLEASHED though.
Well those are all Pokemon with mega evolutions perhaps those are going to be their alt costumes.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Mega evolutions came after Brawl, though, meaning they would violate the whole "no non-Brawl content, cuz copyright" thing that the PMBR talked about.

But hey, I could always be wrong.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic game quality has gone nowhere but up since Sonic Unleashed. He's had three games since then, not including spinoffs and sidescrollers, all of which have received positive reviews. Sega actually REMOVED Sonic Heroes - Sonic 06 copies off the shelves to ensure quality Sonic games.

That was a rough patch for the franchise, but they're learning.

Lost Worlds is the first game since then to get a bunch of mixed reviews. Fan reaction is more positive, and some places are giving it as much as a 8/10, which is pretty good.

===

If Knuckles breaks Sonic 2 levels, then Sonic 2 Bosses break Knuckles. Metropolis Zone and Death Egg Zone make me want to cry as Knuckles, and in Metropolis, beating the boss required you to have a ring, because there was no way in hell you were getting a flawless on it.

===

Still boggles my mind that people are calling Unleashed and Generations easy though. I could understand Colors sans a few levels.

===

Utilizing shields didn't really mean much to Knuckles and Tails. They still had far more utility than Sonic does with the exception of lightning shields on certain bosses. Traversing stages, however, Sonic, no matter the shield, still loses out to those two.

===

I don't play Dota. League tho...

:applejack:

red9rd

Smash Ace
Mega evolutions came after Brawl, though, meaning they would violate the whole "no non-Brawl content, cuz copyright" thing that the PMBR talked about.

But hey, I could always be wrong.
When did they say this? All I heard was it can't be totally different character.

MVP

Smash Ace
no one's talked about the thread title change. the last 3 changes foreshadowed something in the upcoming update.
on top of that, this pic
mentioned
earlier on the PM youtube page.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
That is like the third time someone has posted the picture of that new logo. People have speculated if it will have to do with the new turbo mode video next week, and if it will include pokemon or alternate costumes of those pokemon.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
From what I gather about Sonic fans from the last few pages, is that they are about as delusional as hardcore Nintendo fans.

Holding on to the faintest glimmer of hope that one day Sonic will return to its glory days.
I don't think anyone here is hoping Sonic is going to return to glory days, especially after Sonic 4 lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think anyone here is hoping Sonic is going to return to glory days, especially after Sonic 4 lol.

This.
Sonic 4 contradicted itself in so many ways it's an insult to call it a successor to the classic games.

They weren't bad per se. They're pretty average-good 2D Sonic games. But they're TERRIBLE Sonic 3 & Knuckles sequels.

But I DO have a small glimmer of hope for the 2D series, and it comes in two names.
The Taxman, and Stealth.
These guys could whip up an original new 2D Sonic game to live up to the classics just fine.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This.
Sonic 4 contradicted itself in so many ways it's an insult to call it a successor to the classic games.

They weren't bad per se. They're pretty average-good 2D Sonic games. But they're TERRIBLE Sonic 3 & Knuckles sequels.

But I DO have a small glimmer of hope for the 2D series, and it comes in two names.
The Taxman, and Stealth.
These guys could whip up an original new 2D Sonic game to live up to the classics just fine.
Dat Sonic 1 and Sonic CD mobile port hnnggggg.

Taxman is doing Sonic 2 WITH Multiplayer support.

So hype.

Also.

Sonic 4 was terribleeeeeee.

Pretty average-good is Sonic Advance / Rush imo.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
When did they say this? All I heard was it can't be totally different character.
I was referring to the Clone Engine blog post where they talked about not including new characters that didn't appear in Brawl, but I just realized that of the three revealed costumes, only Outset Link follows that rule.

I guess I'm just an idiot.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also P:M's had post-brawl nintendo stuff for ages now

it's probably just a legal grey area they're trying to go for

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dat Sonic 1 and Sonic CD mobile port hnnggggg.

Taxman is doing Sonic 2 WITH Multiplayer support.

So hype.

Also.

Sonic 4 was terribleeeeeee.

Pretty average-good is Sonic Advance / Rush imo.

I'm a sucker for 2D Sonic, so I can't be too harsh on them (except Rivals, boy do those suck...) but yeah, Sonic 4 doesn't hold a candle to the Advance games. They just NEVER get old for me, like the classics. :)

Those ports look awesome. At least I know CD is absolutely amazing.

I'm a huge fan of Sonic rom hacks too. Especially Sonic Classic Heroes: Rise of the Chaotix. It's one of the best Sonic game experiences ever for me. And yeah, although it's "Just" a Rom hack, it has more love, effort, and dedication poured than we can say about any of SEGA's latest 2D attempts.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Son.

Don't get me started on ROM Hacks.

LMAO. I was just playing 3 player mode of Sonic Classic Heroes a few weeks ago with the Chaotix mode turned on.

Most fun I've had with Sonic 1/2 in years.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic 4 was fine. The one thing that irritated me to no end was the amount of "clap" in the songs. I know Sonic 1-K used that sound, but Sonic 4 abused the piss out of it.

Sonic ROM Hacks are godlike.

Sonic Before the Sequel and Sonic After the Sequel. Play them.

Also, my favorite 2D Sonic experience since the 90s has been, and probably will be Sonic Rush for a long, long time. Easily one of my favorite post-SA2 Sonic games out there.

Link me to that Sonic 2 Multiplayer whenever, Neko. I wanna try that. :applejack:

red9rd

Smash Ace
I was referring to the Clone Engine blog post where they talked about not including new characters that didn't appear in Brawl, but I just realized that of the three revealed costumes, only Outset Link follows that rule.

I guess I'm just an idiot.
No it's cool, I was just wondering if I missed something.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I hate all of these northern MW states. They are colder than Chicago and have nothing of value. That tournament should just move to the Chicago burbs ST. : /

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
In regards to Sonic, STH1-k and SA1&2 were among the most memorable games of my childhood. I can't say all the games were good, but I always found something to like about each of the installments in terms of stories. I actually do a lot of art and written work based on the game cannon of the series. Not something anyone here would probably be interested in, but still...

And if anyone has heard of Freedom Planet, it does a pretty good job of feeling like a spiritual successor to the classic Sonic games. I highly suggest that anyone who hasn't tried it to give the demo a shot.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I hate all of these northern MW states. They are colder than Chicago and have nothing of value. That tournament should just move to the Chicago burbs ST. : /
Minnesota gave the world Bob Dylan, just saying.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand two of those complaints solely because homing attack by definition is a targeting system, and because spin dash functioned the exact same way as these boosts do in these new games now a days. It just didn't look as pretty as the boosts do now.

Hylian calling the new Sonics easy is just laughable though. Unleashed was hard as **** at times. Eggmanland anyone? Generations had Seaside Hill, Crisis City, and Speed Highway. I wouldn't necessarily call any of those levels easy either. Don't even get me started on Planet Wisp from EITHER Colors or Generations.

Straightforward? Anyone forget that all it took to beat Sonic 1-K was pressing the right direction on the d-pad? Hell, there's a video of a guy who beats Sonic 3K with Knuckles simply by jumping and gliding. No movement whatsoever from his dpad.

SA2/B used Ryan Drummond by the way. The voices themselves didn't suck, I blame that on the shoddy script.

Jason Griffith didn't take over Sonic's voice until Shadow the Hedgehog.

And thank god for Roger Craig Smith and the new cast. I love every one of them so far. I will miss Blaze's old VA though.

:applejack:
i honestly didnt think Eggmanland was all that hard. Just took a bit more thought than the rest of the daytime stages.

On the SA2 note, Meteor Herd and Mad Space were pretty freaking fun. Security Hall on the other hand was a pain though.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
Also, is anyone familiar with the Salt Lake City scene? If even one exists?

Top Bottom