• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I have to disagree. I feel S3K's sound track is overall better than S2's. S2's is a lot memorable for some reason for a lot people.
I guess it boils down to taste, and I'm sure my nostalgia goggles help as well, but still, I consider Sonic 2's soundtrack superior primarily as a musician and music aficionado. It focuses on catchy, syncopated hooks and works much better within the hardware's limitations. When I listen to them side by side, Sonic 3's soundtrack is downright bland in comparison.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sonic 4 was fine. The one thing that irritated me to no end was the amount of "clap" in the songs. I know Sonic 1-K used that sound, but Sonic 4 abused the piss out of it.

Sonic ROM Hacks are godlike.

Sonic Before the Sequel and Sonic After the Sequel. Play them.

Also, my favorite 2D Sonic experience since the 90s has been, and probably will be Sonic Rush for a long, long time. Easily one of my favorite post-SA2 Sonic games out there.

Link me to that Sonic 2 Multiplayer whenever, Neko. I wanna try that. :applejack:
Yo I recently played After the Sequal. Super fun. Amazing sound track. I downloaded it to my phone actually. Can you Feel the Sunshine remix rocks my socks.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Classic_Heroes - Game I was talking about.

I cant stand Sonic 4's aesthetics and I think the level layout is not good. Physics aside (and that's a big pardon i'm giving it here), the rest of the game just lacks in a lot of places. Music, which is Sonic's most consistantly strong point was lack luster here.

I guess it boils down to taste, and I'm sure my nostalgia goggles help as well, but still, I consider Sonic 2's soundtrack superior primarily as a musician and music aficionado. It focuses on catchy, syncopated hooks and works much better within the hardware's limitations. When I listen to them side by side, Sonic 3's soundtrack is downright bland in comparison.
Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Not only sawnic is fast, he is fast on mic.

Not even the flash can keep up. Who do you think will win in a death race? Sonic or Flash?
Sonic doesn't come close to being able to run as quickly as Flash. Sonic needs to be Super Sonic before he can even approach light speed and Flash can move at a few times that speed. Wally West was capable of running at 8 times the speed of light, not really sure what Barry can do, but regardless, Sonic's not as fast as they make him out to be.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Game theory is just that though. Just a theory.

Some of the variables he used were off to me.

Can't remember which ones. I'll watch it again and see I can remember.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yo I recently played After the Sequal. Super fun. Amazing sound track. I downloaded it to my phone actually. Can you Feel the Sunshine remix rocks my socks.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Classic_Heroes - Game I was talking about.

Holy **** I just read the plans they have for future characters...

Future Characters

These characters may be included in future revisions.
... Aside from all this awesome, my only wishlist would be "Team CD" (Sonic, Amy (classic), Metal Sonic)
But still, team SegaSonic sounds boss. NOt to mention the surprise team from Aqualash (which I'm sure will consist of Silver and Sonia... ported from The S Factor (another top notch Rom Hack, btw).

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Game theory is just that though. Just a theory.

Some of the variables he used were off to me.

Can't remember which ones. I'll watch it again and see I can remember.
Yeah, it's mostly just entertainment for me, but I still think it's hilarious that Sonic moves slower than Mario in each of their first platforming games.

If I had to point out anything that could be completely wrong about that analysis, it'd be that Classic Sonic is in fact shorter than Modern Sonic, and since Sonic 1 is Classic Sonic, he should have used his height in the distance equation.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
There are plenty more flaws at that from the video. Of course sonic would take longer to make it to the end of the stage, when there's a whole lot more **** to go through.

Not to mention he completely ignores the fact that in the modern games (regardless of a speed meter), Sonic is able to willingly "boost" fast enough to form a cone.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He probably would of had more luck simply drawing all his data from the Archie Comics since the **** there is more consistent.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He probably would of had more luck simply drawing all his data from the Archie Comics since the **** there is more consistent.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, but his point was that he was drawing data from the video games, since it's a show about games and Sonic is a video game character. He did admit that Sonic in the Archie comics can in fact move at light speed at times, he's also a more interesting character in them. (Which has nothing to do with the topic, but those comics are pretty damned good now. Started reading after I heard of the Worlds Collide event)

I'm still fairly certain he couldn't come close to matching Flash though, even in comic continuity.

There are plenty more flaws at that from the video. Of course sonic would take longer to make it to the end of the stage, when there's a whole lot more **** to go through.

Not to mention he completely ignores the fact that in the modern games (regardless of a speed meter), Sonic is able to willingly "boost" fast enough to form a cone.
Yeah, in visuals that would be approaching the sound barrier, but his in-game speed doesn't increase enough in most cases to accurately portray it. Maybe at times it does and his example was completely off, but I'd need to see the evidence for it and I don't have the ability to test it myself.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Archie Sonic is ridiculous. He can do the same **** Flash can do. He vibrated through solid mass once.

And if anyone has heard of Freedom Planet, it does a pretty good job of feeling like a spiritual successor to the classic Sonic games. I highly suggest that anyone who hasn't tried it to give the demo a shot.
Freedom Planet is awesome. Loved playing the demo.

i honestly didnt think Eggmanland was all that hard. Just took a bit more thought than the rest of the daytime stages.

On the SA2 note, Meteor Herd and Mad Space were pretty freaking fun. Security Hall on the other hand was a pain though.
You must've played the Wii version of EML then. Even that was brutal.
And you cannot, I repeat, cannot say EML wasn't hard, then go right back and call Security Hall a pain. Security Hall was Rouge's easiest pressured mission in the friggin' game.

:applejack:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It reminds you of loading screens?
The loading screens are ridiculous. The game itself almost looks playable, asides from his stupid looking wall jump and the insanely slow running with Elise and what are sadly glitches out the ass. It looked like a lot more fun than it actually is.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
happy Halloween, and reminder that everyone sucks except for me

especially that baka inu DMG

Rikana

Smash Champion
Heh weird I just realized I have no idea what sound a fox makes.
Dunno if this was serious, but it seems like you're just asking for it lol.

@jolteon. The fox is so cute. I genuinely want a fox as a pet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why am I laughing at this?
Because it's a joke concerning the character Fox from the Star Fox franchise, who also coincidentally is a playable character in Super Smash Bros and all of its variants, of which I'm sure you play at least one of. It's a joke that caters to the Smash Bros community, and as a member, you found yourself compelled to laugh at it.

Heh weird I just realized I have no idea what sound a fox makes.
It barks.

Nevermind, the answer above my post is infinitely better.
:applejack:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dunno if this was serious, but it seems like you're just asking for it lol.

@jolteon. The fox is so cute. I genuinely want a fox as a pet.

I just want to woosh someone.

Top Bottom