• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I fear for :4ganondorf:. He is a bit better, but idk if that holds a candle to some of the more agile characters with better recovery. If he's lucky, maybe he'll counter some higher level foe.

Still, while Ganon's road looks like it will be going up hill, I know he can succeed. All he has to do... is Bolieve!

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Finally got my hands on a copy of Melee yesterday. Now the real Falco training starts

You know, I'm kinda glad Smash 4 falco is ****. Makes it easier to transition between games when the playstyles are so drastically different.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Is :4falco: actually bad? I hear that people have been overexaggerating on that. Plus, he's been good in every game he's been in thus far, so it's hard to imagine that changing.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yeah, it's hard to imagine a character with transcendent lasers allowing him to approach safely in almost every matchup and utterly dominate neutral being bad, right?

Unfortunately, that isn't Smash 4 Falco.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Most PM/Melee players have the same opinion lol. I'd be more enthused about Smash 4 if the game mechanics were more conducive to competitive play.
I remember seeing you at Guts and it seemed like you despised the game TBQH, like not even trying to hide it a bit.
After playing it myself however, I can see why.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Because Mewtwo needs disjointed hitboxes.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and go with you not knowing that he doesnt have hurtboxes on his tail during attacks.

The notes have already been taken
THEN WHERE ARE THE ATTACKS BAZ

Edit: the first reply made me realize that Mewtwo essentially has the equivalent of Roy's sword strapped to his ass.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and go with you not knowing that he doesnt have hurtboxes on his tail during attacks.
In that case, MORE disjointed hitboxes.

And that helps your case to give him the spoon....how exactly?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
In that case, MORE disjointed hitboxes.

And that helps your case to give him the spoon....how exactly?
There's this thing called changing animations

Not like the spoon couldn't become his tilts, and tbh I think the spoon would be more natural.

Srsly bro, maybe think about how it could work instead of trying to be a ****.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm not being a ****. I don't know why everyone in this forum takes it as a personal attack when their idea gets criticism. If I don't like something, tough ****, but I'm not getting angry at you.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
thereisnospoon

Otherwise mewtwo wouldn't have infinite mana
Silly Tink, its called PP

I'm not being a ****. I don't know why everyone in this forum takes it as a personal attack when their idea gets criticism. If I don't like something, tough ****, no one's getting angry at you.
I'm sorry that it comes off as dickish when you ask how something supports my idea when I never even said it would give more range in the first place. And in a way that is generally used as a dickish way to retort someone else's support of an. Idea in the first place.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm sorry that it comes off as ****ish when you ask how something supports my idea when I never even said it would give more range in the first place. And in a way that is generally used as a ****ish way to retort someone else's support of an. Idea in the first place.
Then my bad, G.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Silly Tink, its called PP

I'm sorry that it comes off as ****ish when you ask how something supports my idea when I never even said it would give more range in the first place. And in a way that is generally used as a ****ish way to retort someone else's support of an. Idea in the first place.
M2 is flat as a cutting board, he has no PP. He's got plenty of mana though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Missed it by a little bit but saw MvC3 bashing in the comments of Tafo's reddit post.

Good, because I also find it boring as all hell.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I don't mind Marvel 3 until people say Marvel 2 is a POS compared to it.

Marvel 2 may have horrible balance (though Marvel 3's "balance" is mostly because of X-Factor) and some stupid infinites (which again, Marvel 3's guilty too), but at least there is actual player interaction going on between those matches. Marvel 3's like watching movie with how long combos go on, I eventually just got sick of it and went to other fighters.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Been practicing that training mode gltich where I play as both Player 1 and Player 2.
So many Falcon dysync combos, so much hype.

I wish I was good with Ice Climbers.

If you want to be boring, you could just go Mario/Falco and win everything,but that's lame FALCON HYPE IT UP BABY.

~Also, I keep feeling like I'll double post

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Justin Wong at EVO was the first time I've (and most people let's be real) truly enjoyed watching MvC3 in a looooong while.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Foward players marvel and SF on top of smash, and he often jokes that the next marvel update should be traditional street fighter, but the moment someone lands a hit it turns into a stepmania/rhythem game and if you dont drop an input you win that game.
Its pretty accurate for marvel 3 tbh

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They really wanted Luma to be this way, Nintendo plz

Vashimus

Smash Master
And as I expected Rosalina won the tourney, with her cheap beautiful ass.

Was that the only thing? Because in all the other games, he had tools that helped as well other than just lasers.
Well his Dair has a wind-up period now like Falcon's, but longer. When you take away the lasers and the dair, you're just playing a slower Fox with worse recovery and less killing power. It's like what's the point?

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Maybe Falco is your secret crush, but you're afraid to approach because of his tsundere personality.

Also that Katawa Shoujo fanfic turned out pretty interesting. I wish the author had a better (or any) editor though. The pacing was a little too dynamic for my tastes, though, and some of the dialogue needed a little work. Still enjoyable, though I wonder what the word count was, cuz it was pretty long.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Took the SAT today. I hate that essay so much. (I write for 25 minutes and somebody reads it for 3? How can I create something worthwhile in that time, and how could you understand it in that time. Why even bother?) I also played P:M with people for once, I'm so rusty.
-----
I hate everyone in Smash 4, they are all designed to do cool things, but fall short. I should be able to pillar consistently with Pikachu's down-b but people can just air dodge. I want to be able to combo Megaman's side-b into dair once it explodes. There are all these things that could be cool and should be possible, but there just isn't enough stun/everything is ruined by air dodges.

They also ruined Falco and Samus. Why???

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
PP said something about fun ideas for characters and bad mechanics.
Shocker, he was right.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I find it really cool the way smash flash 2 updated the brawl engine. If any of you haven't played it, there's almost no lag on almost any option in game. There's not a lot of stun our hitlag, but in order to actually make the game exciting there's also almost no lag on almost every attack. IASA frames out the kazoo. And there's n o wavedashing yet the game manages to be amazing because you can dash dance and dashing can be cancelled immediately into crouch, which can be immediately acted out of, totally unlike melee. Like Marth can cancel his dash into crouch into fsmash, and it functions exactly like wavedash fsmash.

This isn't timed perfectly due to my comp lagging from running ssf2, pm on dolphin, and obs at once, but this is me controlling Marth in both games at once with the same inputs.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
. Like Marth can cancel his dash into crouch into fsmash, and it functions exactly like wavedash fsmash.
Technically Pivot F-smash is the most frame optimal+distance optimal fsmash option for marth in melee
completely unrelated but just had to say it, pivots are too godlike
ssf2 looks cool

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Justin Wong at EVO was the first time I've (and most people let's be real) truly enjoyed watching MvC3 in a looooong while.
I'm probably going to get a lot of **** for this, but what was so special about Wong's win at EVO and why his games were entertaining?

Top Bottom