• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What are you talking about check your privilege. You don't know what it's like to be a poor black overweight Muslim who lives with his parents and has no internet in Africa. He's so unprivileged to lead a happy life in his culture you swine. How do you think you would make it without our superior western cultures and lifestyles.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Jon Stewart described privilege pretty well when he mentioned how his casually dressed producer was let into a building without a second thought but his well-dressed black correspondent was stopped while waiting to do an interview. Class wasn't the motivating factor in that situation.

Privileged not to be harassed or inconvenienced in particular situations. It doesn't mean you're oppressing anyone with your opinions or that you have an easy life or a leg up on getting opportunities to succeed that you didn't earn first.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I think if you want something that hits hard, take Mega Heracross with Megahorn - the real gem in Mega Beedrill's kit will be Adaptability Twineedle (100 effective base power, with two crit rolls and a 40% chance to poison). Even Pin Missile suddenly becomes devastating (at least 100 effective base power with two hits, up to 250 with five).
Silly Bleck, Mega Hera runs Pins Missile

I'll probably just stick to the vanilla X-Scissor and Poison Jab for STAB. Maybe U-turn with a Defogger. We need this thing's stats.

EDIT: I just realized, it learns Fell Stinger. Automatic swords dance when you kill something with it? Sounds pretty interesting.

:227: still laughs at it, but whatever.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What do you guys think of it when someone jumps on a friend's perma logged in device and posts a status claiming homosexuality

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Post another status claiming said friend is your closeted boyfriend and you are very happy coming out together. Then he can either run with it too or have to admit it was a joke.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
What do you guys think of it when someone jumps on a friend's perma logged in device and posts a status claiming homosexuality
I think it's stupid to allow people that power over you in the first place, but I have comically large trust issues, so keep my bias there in mind.
(Very useful to preclude silly things like that, but not a good way to live.)

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Mech you lost me

I'm talking about your friend taking your phone and posting "I'm gay" add a joke

It was more of a question of if y'all thought it was homophobic

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I'm surprisingly really having fun with it atm. Going super deep offstage for kills is pretty satisfying, and edgegaurding in general is interesting to say the least. Turn around cancelled Ftilts are also extremely useful for Mega Man, and the roll cancelled grabs help out my Little Mac. I'm finding things in S4 that are catching my interest.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not really concerned about the general mechanics of Smash 4, but I am concerned about how capable characters feel. Not every character has a great throw/options from throws or good tools vs rolls/shields or xyz. The mechanics of vectoring and edgeguarding might turn out to be totally fine in the long run, but it won't feel right if characters seem underwhelming on their own. It seems very blatant watching characters like Sheik, who get so many free tools that you question why you are playing your own character. 95% of Sheik players right now are basically learning to play Brawl Sheik with funsies buffs and nerfs to ridiculous top tiers.

I'm highly interested in custom moves, and I hope they can make the game more balanced for some of the underwhelming characters. Also different stage choices for the WiiU version that hopefully gives us more than.. 4? viable stages? Also, possible Nintendo patches that make a larger portion of characters good? So many of these characters feel like Brawl midtiers, or even less capable.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Try playing as ganondorf vs a lil mac that doesnt approach, **** smash 4

Bleck

Smash Master
Silly Bleck, Mega Hera runs Pins Missile
this is especially embarassing 'cause I actually use Mega Heracross with Pin Missile

Also different stage choices for the WiiU version that hopefully gives us more than.. 4? viable stages?
I think the thing is that they felt less constrained about making complicated/hazardous stages with Omega Mode being a thing - I would go so far as to argue that certain things across the board (projectiles) were nerfed and/or balanced appropriately with the assumption that most competitive play would be happening on Omega stages.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'm highly interested in custom moves, and I hope they can make the game more balanced for some of the underwhelming characters. Also different stage choices for the WiiU version that hopefully gives us more than.. 4? viable stages? Also, possible Nintendo patches that make a larger portion of characters good? So many of these characters feel like Brawl midtiers, or even less capable.
Is Arena Ferox counterpick on the 3DS? I think it ought to be. It has walls and ceilings, but it doesn't feel any worse than Pokemon Stadium and the windmill. Also, Pit's level looks like it could pass as a counterpick. But yeah, neutrals are what? FD, BF, Yoshi's Island, and the Pokemon X and Y stage (that probably should be a counterpick as well).

I hope custom moves become tourney okays. As for characters, :rosalina: looks great, but I don't play her. I really think :4villager:, :4dedede:, and :4bowser: have high tier potential. :4littlemac: too if Little Mac players can figure out how to deal with the air. (Check out @Omni 's vids on this, haha). There are others, but idk yet. I'm not a pro analyzer.

:4bowserjr: and the other koopalings look like they have a lot of combo potential. I also believe that :4palutena:will be good if her users can adapt and get around her awkwardness. She looks like she can hard counter projectile users.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
considering some of the stuff being discovered for smash 4 right now, the only thing i have to say is "I can't wait for november 21st"

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mac is bad in the air, they said

Mac is low tier, just get him airborne they said

Come to know the face of true terror you swine!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Also, why is the Tomadachi life stage unused? No hazards, no walls, no ceilings... Just platforms over a flat stage. What's wrong with that?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is Tomodachi the house? People have/would be camping that pretty hard

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Jiggs needs her smash 4 ftilt in 3.5. It's so satisfying comboing fair > ftilt, but in P:M her ftilt has ridiculous endlag

Vashimus

Smash Master
I always wondered if the Wii U version would end up having drastically different physics than the 3DS one. Not gonna cross my fingers or anything, but the 3DS does have its limitations.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My thoughts on character viability in smash 4
The tools some characters get as apposed to others is rediculous. Why do mario/shiek/ZSS/half the cast get guaranteed kill moves off throws, and everyone else get 10% and positioning? Why do half the cast have dash attacks that are safe on shield or end up behind the person? If shield stun is so low, why is it so ****ING impossible to punish smashes oos? I can rest oos if they land something weak really close, but that's a lot more risky than just being able to grab, dthrow, jump up b (ZSS >.>)
Why can't jiggs punish rolls, rolls have top tier I-frames.
I only have experience playing jiggs, and it feels like every MU is winnable until you ZSS happens 70/30 at best, and then megaman, DHD, Pacman, villager are all 80/20 at best.
I question the ballance of the game tbh, character potential is still so inconsistant, just compare Ganon to ZSS or Doc to rosalina
I fear for the meta game being super cheesy.
PEACH has crazy tech that is really hard to do on 3DS, you have to claw things and do instant non float dairs, put peach has crazy options

Top Bottom