• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Bout time people realize zard is friggen good. He just isn't broken
My roomate used to main him before he dropped PM seriously, I never had trouble against Zard so I sort of just thought he was a mid-tier with slow aerials. Then we focused more on Melee, now he's got that Melee Shiek/Samus exp and we're a **** loads better than a few years ago. Zard is like his soul character, he booted PM back up randomly last night and he just started putting in work.

I feel like I might try to duel main in 3.5. Wolf/Pika has a really good MU spread, and both's MU pools can only get better in the next updates.

Edit: once zard players start pivot jabbing the world will end. you can basically do running jabs in any direction if you do the c-dashing thing too

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I've been messing with his Pivot Fsmash a lot. It essentially zooms you his own length forward with a sweetspot that is stronger than DK's punch. So much spacing if pivoted lol

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I just wanted to spread the word on what Sakurai is doing:

"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=443

Sakurai wants everyone to win.
Stop him:
http://www.change.org/p/masahiro-sakurai-and-nintendo-give-smash-its-competitive-edge-back#share

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I just wanted to spread the word on what Sakurai is doing:

“People keep complaining that they want the game to be more like Melee,” continued Sakurai, “Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them and show them that their little mod means nothing in the grand scheme of things. All they can do is make one of my games more like one of my other games. And when my new game comes out, everyone will stop playing their little project and play with a real game.

Don’t even get me started on the fans,” warned Sakurai, “Smash Bros.fans are the most insane, overzealous people you will ever meet in your life. I don’t care for them, yet I will still make the best game possible because if I don’t, I will have let myself down. I don’t make this game for anyone but myself. I’ll admit that the person who can tolerate listening to these people is stronger than me. But if there is a person like that in this world, they should work on something more important than a video game.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-s...-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/

"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=443

Sakurai wants everyone to win.
Pretty sure those were troll articles, I remember freaking out about them when they came out.

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
ahem

I'm not entirely sure why Lucas was cut. I miss him.

I'm not sure why they cut Wolf, either.

We got Alph as an alt costume, which is all we could have reasonably hoped for.

Dark Samus is actually different enough as a character that being a straight up clone of Samus would have been poorly received.

See above, but replace Samus with Diddy Kong (or whoever you assumed she'd be a clone of).

Namco is not exactly fond of Ms. Pac-Man.

It seems unreasonable, to me, to expect any additional playable characters from 3rd party franchises. In this case, especially, Mega Man's attacks are almost all based on weapons he gets from Robot Masters - Proto Man would have either been an exceptionally lazy clone with all of the same attacks, or would have had to be completely different (which would have been cool since there are so many other Robot Masters for him to take from, but again, we should be happy with even getting Mega Man).

I can't believe you're mad about Dark Pit and then would have the audacity to suggest Shadow The Goddamn Hedgehog instead. Shadow The Hedgehog is the same collection of tired cliches that Dark Pit is, but without any of the contextual satire that made Dark Pit actually bearable.

Impa is really cool, but I think to make her a clone would have been an injustice.

I would be okay with Black Shadow having Ganondorf's moveset, but I can understand why they keep Ganondorf the way he is.

Luigi was already a sort-of clone of Mario. This would be silly.

No.

Donkey Kong Jr. isn't real. You saw it in a dream.

We got Fierce Deity Link as an alternate costume.

"Smash 4: Now With Two Meta Knights"

Yeah, I'm sure that would have went over well with the Smash community.

Come on, now.
...Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my list?

I don't think you understand why these clones would have been better inclusions. In all cases, they give further representation to deserving franchises. Metroid and DK in particular have gotten the shaft since Brawl. All of the third-party franchises are significant. Kirby is a long-running, well-selling series. Zelda is a long-running, well-selling series. Mario is a long-running, well-selling series. Pokemon is a long-running, well-selling series. I also don't get why you think people would be upset at a Dark Samus / Dixie clone: obviously the preference would be for original movesets, but something is better than nothing.

Instead, we got yet another blue haired sword wielder from Fire Emblem and a third character from an irrelevant franchise. Do I personally want Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, and some of the weaker clones on my list? Of course not. I'd much rather have Lucas, Wolf, Dark Samus, and / or Dixie. But the fact that even Shadow the 2edgehog would be a more sensible choice demonstrates how bad the clone inclusions were.

And Luigi's not a clone of Mario wtf

Curious question but would you happen to be referring to this page?

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/844992-super-smash-brothers#comments
I had Reddit / neogaf in mind, but this is a great example of what I meant, yeah.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Luigi is definitely a 'soft clone' of Mario

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Charizard is such a monster, he's consistently gotten small nerfs over the updates just to prevent him from being dumb. Insane combo-ability, super fast dash + d-throw + D-smash made him a tech chasing god, massive kill potential especially off the top, and ridiculous survivability on par with Samus. The PMDT is merely taming the beast.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos what the **** are you doing lol. your conditions look so horrible and repetitive haha. i'm sure you can do it much simpler
They were just for completion, so I sped through them.
----
Cats are fine if you only place one litter box probably, my dad put a box in the bathroom that's in the middle of everything, there are also 2 cats, and I swear my dad only cleans the boxes of we are there (read: my sister cleans them).

Bleck

Smash Master
But the fact that even Shadow the 2edgehog would be a more sensible choice demonstrates how bad the clone inclusions were.
saying something is a fact does not actually make it so; the idea that Shadow the Hedgehog is objectively a good choice to make playable in Smash because you say so is stupid, stop wasting everyone's time with this

mega beedrill is glorious! also dat mega sableye
Oh my god it's beautiful
My two favorite pokemon! I'm so happy.

MLGF

Smash Lord
People sleep on Zard, we have a local one in CT and he's a monster. Lot's of good options come from his best tools (nair and jab comes to mind) and his singular purpose tools serve their purpose exceptionally well. Great character, not amazing but clearly good.
Outside of his recovery, mixed with his weight, I also like his design quite a bit. Really well made, far cry from his 2.0 version.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Some aspects of Charizard are kind of wtf. You slap that jab of his onto other characters and this game goes down the toilet LOL

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
mega beedrill looks dope as all hell, adaptability poison jab in a metagame filled with fairy types? salivating at the thought, I tells you

plus, having adaptability u-turn can't hurt much neither

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thank god you can't be Mega AND use choice items/life orb.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
what would his mega stat spread look like, I wonder

if it's mostly into speed then he'll be OU (hardcore pivot, could easily wreck clefable and azumarill), if not he'll likely be around UU

also mega pidgeot sounds COMPLETELY USELESS he only has one accuracy-troubled move on hand and 100% hurricanes isn't going to justify all the stone edges he'll get thrown at him

Vashimus

Smash Master
Hopefully Beedrill can learn Megahorn in ORAS. Not sure about U-Turn shenanigans.

Scizor and Genesect manage to be successful at it since their resistances and neutrality to Rock let them easily switch in whenever, but who knows.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm training to be a cashier for the night shift at Checkers. It's ****ing scary how many drunk drivers come through the drive through.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I play Zard just for fun, but holy **** is he so damn fun. Nair is like among the best multipurpose moves there is. Best combos are the one leading to a side-b kill, lol.

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
saying something is a fact does not actually make it so; the idea that Shadow the Hedgehog is objectively a good choice to make playable in Smash because you say so is stupid, stop wasting everyone's time with this

My two favorite pokemon! I'm so happy.
Words I did not use in my previous post:

-objectively

I'm sorry you don't like Shadow as a clone idea. That's fine. I gave you a dozen other better choices.

Bleck

Smash Master
what would his mega stat spread look like, I wonder
Corocoro says the two main boosts are to Attack and Speed - so it doesn't sound like it's going to be that much less fragile, if at all.

Hopefully Beedrill can learn Megahorn in ORAS. Not sure about U-Turn shenanigans.
I think if you want something that hits hard, take Mega Heracross with Megahorn - the real gem in Mega Beedrill's kit will be Adaptability Twineedle (100 effective base power, with two crit rolls and a 40% chance to poison). Even Pin Missile suddenly becomes devastating (at least 100 effective base power with two hits, up to 250 with five).

JOE!

Smash Hero
I play Zard just for fun, but holy **** is he so damn fun. Nair is like among the best multipurpose moves there is. Best combos are the one leading to a side-b kill, lol.
It's all about the sky attack and pseudo sky attack bruh

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The internet doesnt know jack ****.

You want to know how i know?

Because it tells me to check my privilege.

I'm black. I have no privileges!
I could come up with some half baked racist jokes right about now

Plz stop

Only stupid people are racist

The rich white people who make the laws aren't all racists

They're classists

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
privilege is a very annoying concept because there's about ten people who understand its existence and nobody else

that one checklist of it will always get me grumpy THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS THE CONCEPT OF POWER IN SOCIETY IS NOT A LINEAR SLIDER AAAAAAGH

Top Bottom