• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I notice Mr. Game and Watch doesn't have any real skins, just generic single colors, and I understand it's not your fault he lacks good skins, well I have a few and they don't require moveset swaps

Lava Game and Watch http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8498/lavamrgameandwatch3.jpg

Paper Mario http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2769/al12083113242.jpg

Non Human Game and Watch (Remember that game from Action 52 "Non Human" and those weird green faces with purple background? Game and Watch is COVERED in them) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dewkty&s=7

Giygas Game and Watch (Based on that ****ed up background in the Final Boss fight of Earthbound/Mother 2) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vichdt&s=5#.U6YdHpRdWMU

Rainbow Game and Watch (This one is the best one IMO) http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/brawlhacks/images/2/2f/GandW_Rainbow.jpg

Those are the best ones I found on the Brawl Vault Mr. Game and Watch section, only 5 pages, if you wanted to give Game and Watch some variety, 5 is all you need, these are simple, visually pleasing skins, especially the Rainbow it's gorgeous

Edit: I know Non Human doesn't look good because it uses Action 52 graphics, but it's Nostalgic and hilarious
It's not that he lacks good skins, it's that Game & Watch only has one skin file, and that all your suggestions take up all of G&W's palette swaps. (Yes, all of them.)

Booster

Smash Lord
I tried out these two skins, Gallade and Old Snake, I couldn't decide which of these were lower quality skins, they're the worst character models I've ever seen in any game and that includes 32 Bit Games, so I have 1 Replacement skin that can be used in their place (Snake and Shiek)

Agent 47 (Snake) http://i.imgur.com/62BZESY.jpg
(Sorry, I couldn't find any GOOD Old Snake skins, they're all terrible)

And here's a good Gallade Skinhttp://s1142.photobucket.com/user/HkingN/media/al_120621_0310binout.jpg.html

Or if you'd like to ditch Gallade entirely, Aladdin to go with his pet monkey, Abu
http://i.imgur.com/xbxMyqD.jpg

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I notice Mr. Game and Watch doesn't have any real skins, just generic single colors, and I understand it's not your fault he lacks good skins, well I have a few and they don't require moveset swaps

Lava Game and Watch http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8498/lavamrgameandwatch3.jpg

Paper Mario http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2769/al12083113242.jpg

Non Human Game and Watch (Remember that game from Action 52 "Non Human" and those weird green faces with purple background? Game and Watch is COVERED in them) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dewkty&s=7

Giygas Game and Watch (Based on that ****ed up background in the Final Boss fight of Earthbound/Mother 2) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vichdt&s=5#.U6YdHpRdWMU

Rainbow Game and Watch (This one is the best one IMO) http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/brawlhacks/images/2/2f/GandW_Rainbow.jpg

Those are the best ones I found on the Brawl Vault Mr. Game and Watch section, only 5 pages, if you wanted to give Game and Watch some variety, 5 is all you need, these are simple, visually pleasing skins, especially the Rainbow it's gorgeous

Edit: I know Non Human doesn't look good because it uses Action 52 graphics, but it's Nostalgic and hilarious
I don't know how to edit these "skin packs" for game and watch to fit cbliss. Would anyone know how to do this?

JFoldum

Smash Cadet
i just started using this build today and its amazing thank you for your work and ganondorf is crazy lol. In one off your updates you should release more characters with custom moves it would be nice to play around with.

phoenixlight

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to go back to the old character selection screen? Can someone direct me to or instruct me on how to get the original one that was borderless in edition 7?

Also two bugs that I'm not sure if they have been mentioned.
- can't turn off a player if there controller is plugged in
- Ganon on the latest edition seems to not be able to dash dance on dolphin for me

Last edited:

AverageArtist

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get this to work, I downloaded the files and put them on my SD card, it's a 2GB if that matters. I formatted it to FAT32, I don't have any custom stages on my wii or the SD card, and my wii isn't a PAL version, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong here. Can anyone help?

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I thought a lot of the new stages that were not in project M were completely unprofessional and belong in a hacked version of brawl, The stages I ended up liking was Pokeflotes 2 (Extremely impressed) Punch out stage, and the bridge stage, I don't think we need 3 Dragon ball Z stages though and the Ookami and pokemon heart gold stage's were reused, I am kind of mad that you got rid of Toon links blue lobster shirt, But thats just something I can't judge. Also I think the new boat level could of had a different song... Kind of annoying I mean the Pokeflotes stages was hilarious but this... Meh. My rating 7/10

ZoruaSSB_Power

Smash Rookie
This doesnt work like project m for me. do I need Gecko or Homebrew channel or do I do it like the hackless version of project m where I press the stage maker and it takes me to the launcher? Please Help

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
Hi, I just downloaded this, mine seems to freeze alot plus I can't get past the stage select screen, I am using the hackless wii version, and no matter which character I chose it freezes on stage select... any clue what I may have done wrong?

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hi, I just downloaded this, mine seems to freeze alot plus I can't get past the stage select screen, I am using the hackless wii version, and no matter which character I chose it freezes on stage select... any clue what I may have done wrong?
Did you put this alongside regular Project M? Also, I would consider downloading it again and following the steps on the Project M site.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Here's some suggestions! :D (Click the names to get to the skin!)
Aipom (These are recolors, along with the real thing)
New & Improved Little Mac!
Ninja Lucario (This looks amazing ;~; )
Pac-Man (Not to worry, this isn't Pac-Man And The Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. Plus, it's over Mario, which is a much better choice.)
Ninja Mario (...How long did I watch Senran Kagura O_o)
Striker Yoshi
And finally...
Banjo-Kazooie (Nobody looked at this before :T)

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Happened to see your CSS (I think it's yours anyways) on Brawl Vault and I really like the look of it. Any chance you'd be willing to upload just the common5.pac? or your MiscData[70] from it? I've got my own pack that I like to use and update (though I haven't done anything with it online for quite a while), and I love what you did to that CSS and how the Pixel portraits fit so well.

If not, I can always download the main pack and just extract. Just figured I'd ask. Thanks in any case.

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
It isn't letting me copy over the system folder because it says there isn't enough space. I tried removing the dolphin start up, changelog, song list, readme, and all of the songs, and it still won't copy over. Is it a necessary addition to the mod, and how do I fix it?

Edit: It's on a 2GB SD card that stored P:M perfectly.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
Rock & Roller Wabbitt: 16968099 said:
Did you put this alongside regular Project M? Also, I would consider downloading it again and following the steps on the Project M site.
Hey thanks for the reply, I actually got it to work, I just re downloaded it, but I appreciate the help

Mother3Dude

Smash Rookie
Hello, Patt. I don't wanna sound needy or dumb (because I have no idea how hacking works), but if there is a next update, can you please add an Unmasked Man for one of Lucas' skins (unless Lucas in the Masked Man's clothing is good enough for you), and a Ninten and Masked Man for some of Ness' skins? When you think of something, please reply, and I'm sorry if it takes too much work, but if it does, I hope you could atleast add Ninten, but if it does take too much work, you don't have to do it.

Unfortunately, I can't use links, so I'll be specific,

Unmasked Man - On Brawl Vault (first result on Google) go to Lucas, it's author is マンスタ8

True Ninten V.2 - On Brawl Vault, go to Ness, it's author is machampdude, and True Ninten is by the same person, but with no additions.

Masked Man - Brawl Vault, Ness, Top Downloads, author is Beyond. Other Masked Man - Brawl Vault, Ness Top Downloads, should be on 2nd page, author is Pik.

Thank you! (Sorry, it said I needed 10 posts to post a link) Also, I enjoy your Project M much more than the original, and I'm not just saying that. It's the reason I'm much more active on my Wii.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Is there any way to replace some of the skins you have with a hackless Wii? Keep in mind that this is still very new to me.

Booster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I thought a lot of the new stages that were not in project M were completely unprofessional and belong in a hacked version of brawl, The stages I ended up liking was Pokeflotes 2 (Extremely impressed) Punch out stage, and the bridge stage, I don't think we need 3 Dragon ball Z stages though and the Ookami and pokemon heart gold stage's were reused, I am kind of mad that you got rid of Toon links blue lobster shirt, But thats just something I can't judge. Also I think the new boat level could of had a different song... Kind of annoying I mean the Pokeflotes stages was hilarious but this... Meh. My rating 7/10
**** you this mod is meant to be for fun and not so much competitive, I personally think this is one of the best packs ever created

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've read, and am reading, all your comments, concerns and questions and I'm super thankful for everyone's support!

Seeing as there is going to be a new PM soon, the next update will be pushed alongside it instead or just after. Remember though, after each PM update there is a lot of glitches that go on with cbliss or stage expansion manager so the pack may not return to this level of completeness for a while.

The wedding is coming close, two weeks today, and so time is sparce.

I am keeping note of all the stages and character suggestions being made!

Thanks again and as always please tell me if you find any freezing or character model/stage bugs.

Love y'all!

-Patt

Booster

Smash Lord
I've read, and am reading, all your comments, concerns and questions and I'm super thankful for everyone's support!

Seeing as there is going to be a new PM soon, the next update will be pushed alongside it instead or just after. Remember though, after each PM update there is a lot of glitches that go on with cbliss or stage expansion manager so the pack may not return to this level of completeness for a while.

The wedding is coming close, two weeks today, and so time is sparce.

I am keeping note of all the stages and character suggestions being made!

Thanks again and as always please tell me if you find any freezing or character model/stage bugs.

Love y'all!

-Patt
And thank you for putting together this pack, especially Triforce Ganondorf and the Johnny Bravo skin!

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
By the way it's quite easy to update triforce ganon to v0.4b yourself. Have you done it?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yan63gyay6xd4a/TriforceGanondorf v0.4.zip
I've been meaning to ask about that! I honestly have no idea how to tweak it myself. In addition, I've been trying to find a way around Win7's incredibly helpful auto-arrangement of files and folders. Folders are always first while files are always second and we all know that this pack needs a custom arrangement...

Mother3Dude

Smash Rookie
Also, not to be off topic from what's going on, can this edition of Project M be used on a hacked Wii? Also, is there anyway I can replace any skins? Please reply as soon as possible!

Last edited:

Arowes

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to replace the skins found in this build with other skins from the Vault? In my specific case, the Cloud Strife Skin of Ike with another Cloud skin from the vault.

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
This is pretty awesome, only thing I don't really like is the Johnny Young Bosch voice clips for marth also his aqua skin is pretty bad, also the Cloud Strife over Ike has the weirdest face but for the most part this is crazy and I love it! I wish I knew how to put skins over regular project m though, anyway this is still great.

Jorge Martinez

Smash Rookie
NNID
UberNoobJ
I have a slight problem. I did this on my hacked wii(homebrew) and it was working but,the character selection wasn't as shown in your recent one. So I updated it. Problem is now the character selection looks like the original Project M, and it crashes for just about every character if you choose an alternate costume/color. Anyways to fix this, maybe go from 3.2 back to 3.1 (pre-update).

Booster

Smash Lord
This is pretty awesome, only thing I don't really like is the Johnny Young Bosch voice clips for marth also his aqua skin is pretty bad, also the Cloud Strife over Ike has the weirdest face but for the most part this is crazy and I love it! I wish I knew how to put skins over regular project m though, anyway this is still great.
I prefer the Johnny Yong Bosch voices over Marth's voice, if Nintendo were to give Marth an english voice, it would be the perfect voice

Still hoping Sonic EXE is put in, Sonic EXE Faithful

Last edited:

Sum_Yung

Smash Rookie
I'm also having a problem with the character select screen. I'm using a hacked wii(homebrew) and I can't seem to select any of the characters below the middle of the screen. Any cursor is unresponsive to the player 2 slot. How can I fix this?

DreamZeroX

Smash Cadet
Hello there, im having a little truble with the download i did everything from start to finish but still i get nothing when i go on stage builder. . . I wanted to know if you could maybe make a video of how to download it step by step. I'd just really love to play this really badly. So please help if you can kind Sir :happysheep:

Top Bottom